JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I dont have a partner:(
Someone want to be my partner?

All you need is a semi auto rifle, a few mags, Probably 150 rnds, $13 dollar entry fee, no membership required, no training. Show up at 8am for a safety meeting if you are new. Its a great time and you WILL love it.

April was my first match. I didn't make it to may. If anyone on here wants to try it out let me know and I will partner with them if they want. doesn't matter how good you are, I am just there to have a good time.

sounds good. I will be shooting galss. If you know of anyone that needs a partner let me know. Otherwise I will just show up and see what happens I guess.

Hey is this still open for pistol calibers? How many mags would I need? 15rd mags big enough? I am really considering showing up and shooting my PC9. What distances typically would I be shooting at? Site in at 50 yards?

If I show up solo with no partner (ya sad story) Are they goign to send me home or will there be a singles club for losers like me to team up?

Wife gave the thumbs up to go now I have to make sure I got everything else inline!
Steven

Not sure about the pistol caliber. most targets seemed to be about 50yds and out to maybe 200? Sometimes they are close I think. Someone with more experience will chime in.

Where can I get more info on this type of shooting, I would like some sort of idea what I would be doing before I try it.

Dont' bother showing up just to watch...you'll regret it!
You need to show up with your rifle, a chamber flag (available for $1 from the scorekeeper) ammo (about 100 rnds & no steel-core) and a soft or hard case on Saturday AM at 0800.
The place is the TriCounty Gun Club in Sherwood. If you're not a member you will need to shoot as a guest of a member...contact someone here to sponsor you.
The safety briefing takes about 45 minutes and the rules are pretty strict but relatively few.
No steel-core ammo
No unbagged weapons until you are at the firing line.
Comfortable clothing
Knee pads
Gloves
A good hat, eye and ear protection, sunscreen and plenty of water....as it can get hot.
New shooters (TYROs) will have a mentor to shoot with who will be giving you pointers and advice.
Others will chime in with their advice!

Hope to see you there.

Jorge

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR