JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Got off my butt and finally got the loading back under way. About 150 rounds of .45acp lswc target loads made, setting up to load some 185gn fmjfp and hollow point.

Also ran into a lot of frustration getting the seating depth right on 5.56 55gn fmj last night. I think the bullets in that box just don't have a consistent ogive, so I gave up and went to bed...

Got off my butt and finally got the loading back under way. About 150 rounds of .45acp lswc target loads made, setting up to load some 185gn fmjfp and hollow point.

Also ran into a lot of frustration getting the seating depth right on 5.56 55gn fmj last night. I think the bullets in that box just don't have a consistent ogive, so I gave up and went to bed...
I feel your pain!!!! I reload a lot of pulled bullets I get at a good price. They all weigh within 1 grain and are the same length but-------:s0054:

loaded up blueberry rounds today..
300 Savage, 30-30 and 30.06

20240403_202108.jpg 20240403_201742.jpg 20240403_201730.jpg

i powder coated my 31 cal round ball and my granddaughter said they look like blueberries, so it stuck and they are blueberry rounds...

good for fire forming new to me brass and a hoot to shoot.

minimal charge of 700x and im shooting a 41gr ball at around 1400 or more fps with no recoil.

20240403_205001.jpg

i powder coated my 31 cal round ball and my granddaughter said they look like blueberries, so it stuck and they are blueberry rounds...

good for fire forming new to me brass and a hoot to shoot.

minimal charge of 700x and im shooting a 41gr ball at around 1400 or more fps with no recoil.
What kind of accuracy and range do you get with those?

ive only shot a at 50 yards but they are pretty accurate at that range. Never thought to shoot further, just a fun plinking round but maybe I will actually try out different charges and see how far they wil go.

I've shot the same .31 round ball in a Mosin Nagant rifle some years back. I ended up with a whole bunch of old Eastern European 54R blanks, and what good are they?

Yes I know it's a big no-no to ever put anything in front of a blank round, but I did it anyway and fortunately it was fine. I dropped a round ball into the chamber and put a blank in behind it. Very low pressure and they were reasonably accurate at 50 yards, though they shot to a different point of aim as I recall. This was a long time ago. Those blanks cost me less than a primer, even back then.

I'll be finishing up the 45 Colt today, Filled a couple orders and then some for the next gun show. After the 45 Colt I'll be doing a run of 44 Mag sub-sonics. Bullets from Lehigh to arrive next week. Lakeview gun show next week-end.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top