JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reloading today, actually more like over the course of a week. Replenishing the stuff my grandson Anthony and I fired off lately. All starting with brass prep, of course. 7.62mm NATO x 70-some odd. We fired a bunch of .223 Rem. but I'm only reloading the RP commercial brass, x 50. Which I have a lot of already. .32 H&R Mag, x about 40 rounds. .32 Colt New Police (basically the same as .32 S&W Long), x about 75. Also about 40 .357 Magnum, which I fired off in my Henry single shot that I bought last year. Right out of the box, the point of impact was dead nuts on, I didn't have to touch the sights.

I have a lot of .223 already loaded in milsurp cases. So right now, I'm not replenishing those. I'm "using up" first. The .223 loads in RP cases are for a certain rifle with a slow twist that wants a lighter bullet.

Now I get to swage most of the brass I deprimed, cleaned, and sorted. With the super swage, I added a spring to the swage rod, slide the brass on , lower it, and while I'm swaging I can grab the next piece of brass since the spring will throw the brass against the towel back-stop dropping it in the box

1710969627301.png

Now I get to swage most of the brass I deprimed, cleaned, and sorted. With the super swage, I added a spring to the swage rod, slide the brass on , lower it, and while I'm swaging I can grab the next piece of brass since the spring will throw the brass against the towel back-stop dropping it in the box

View attachment 1847187
Swaging like that is fast and so much fun, watching the brass fly around, seems to make it go by so much faster and definitely not boring.

Had an opportunity to chrono my 9mm load today - VV330 4.9 gr under a RMR 124 gr RN.
Low was 1105 fps and high was 1163 fps with an average fps of 1141. VV load program said max is 1178 fps for 4.9 gr. So, I it appears that all is good and it does shoot good and clean.

Had an opportunity to chrono my 9mm load today - VV330 4.9 gr under a RMR 124 gr RN.
Low was 1105 fps and high was 1163 fps with an average fps of 1141. VV load program said max is 1178 fps for 4.9 gr. So, I it appears that all is good and it does shoot good and clean.
Same load in my AR9 with 16" barrel has an average fps of 1231 or a 152.64 PF.

I'm working my way thru the pile of stuff to do, today will be a 32-20 day with bullets and brass arriving. Yesterday I emptied some 44 Mag and 357 Sig because all work and no play makes Mike want to go back to just driving a dump truck, and we can't have that don't you know. Next up 9mm 147's and 38 Super with 45 Colt and 38 Special on deck.

Still just a kid at heart, aren't you Jim? :D
I'll note, I do okay with the RCBS swager. To frugal to go the extra $$.
I guess you can say that I am to a point, reverting back to my childhood at my elder status. I like sitting down and playing with my grandkids, makes me feel happy.

We are a little different in our reloading ventures, you are the slow n sure type and I am the semi-fast and furious. Well not really fast but I don't like snail mode anymore, I ain't got much time left to reload so I feel that I better get with it. ;)

I have the RCBS swagger also and used it for a few years but developed tennis elbow trying to pop those sticky bastards out on the upstroke. Yeah I probably forgot to lube every fifth one or so, sometimes I forget. :s0140:
Bought the Dillon swage n flip and never looked back. :D

Last Edited:
Y'all should try the LEE APP for swaging. Fairly inexpensive and works great, when something doesn't break. :D I swage gallons of brass at a time while watching a movie. Just fill the brass hoppers and keep my motions exactly the same and I can accomplish a huge volume fast.

20230627_154440.jpg

We are a little different in our reloading ventures, you are the slow n sure type and I am the semi-fast and furious. Well not really fast but I don't like snail mode anymore, I ain't got much time left to reload so I feel that I better get with it. ;)
And I can tell that you're fricken meticulous with you processes! Who else has such freaking clean benches, man!? :D

And I can tell that you're fricken meticulous with you processes! Who else has such freaking clean benches, man!? :D
Those that have relatively small reloading areas, it's hard to be a pig pen in my 10 x 12 hovel.
Plus, I was raised to put my things away when I'm done with them. My dad kicked my bubblegum quite a few times because I didn't put his tools back where they were supposed to be. :oops::oops::oops::oops:

Those that have relatively small reloading areas, it's hard to be a pig pen in my 10 x 12 hovel.
Plus, I was raised to put my things away when I'm done with them. My dad kicked my bubblegum quite a few times because I didn't put his tools back where they were supposed to be. :oops::oops::oops::oops:
I have a very small space where I load too. Though I have dirty brass in the garage, and cleaned/ready to process/ready to load in the loading room, and the middle sized bedroom, which has no bed.
But my garage is, full of, "stuff" :rolleyes: :oops:
Lord......

These help with hiding clutter, just don't overload the shelves with 100 pounds of brass... :eek::eek::eek:

I have a half a dozen of them. ;)
I have four just for reloading stuff, one for Fishing and one for auto parts stuff plus more gorilla racks than Carter's got liver pills. :s0108:

8F8ECECF-E92B-46CC-A397-598BE37DF030.jpeg 76DCAD36-3B05-418A-B7E2-B2DB2A854E89.jpeg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top