JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
View attachment 438576

Organized my work bench. Ready to build some 80% lowers. :)

That is where I am trying to get to. Get organized, setup a bench with a vise, and get a drill press, then start working on those lowers. I got my Geiselle trigger in the mail yesterday. Going to put that in the one rifle that I put all the higher end components into.

Went to TJ's in Mac for a sling point for my Colt.

They mounted it free of charge, so I bought 200 rounds of CCI HP 22lr at $8.99 ea, an AR wrench, and the sling point.

Also bought a stool for my bench, so I can work above the surface.

@BurtGummer - it was $8.99 for 100 - sorry to get you all excited.
Today I went to the Rickreal show. Was looking for a replacement EDC knife (lost a Kershaw a couple of weeks ago :(. Didn't find a knife, but did buy an AR sling, a leather scabbard for a mini multi-tool, and a couple of LCP mags. Also made a connection for some 7.62x39 stripper clips.

Switched things up, sold my EDC then bought my new EDC. Custom appendix holster thanks to @ORYGUNHolsterCompany! If you need any holster work done, don't hesitate to give him your business. Top notch quality and great prices!!

IMG_3059.jpg

Took the BOV in to the shop to fix water leak, oil leaks, tune up, motor mounts, etc. We've had it a long time and bought it for $1300 at an auction and haven't done anything to it. '96 Ford with a 351 in it. Manual Transmission. Been a great truck so far. Time for some love. Sold a 73 Chev that had been laying around and a car hauler trailer to put the $$ into the Ford.

Took the BOV in to the shop to fix water leak, oil leaks, tune up, motor mounts, etc. We've had it a long time and bought it for $1300 at an auction and haven't done anything to it. '96 Ford with a 351 in it. Manual Transmission. Been a great truck so far. Time for some love. Sold a 73 Chev that had been laying around and a car hauler trailer to put the $$ into the Ford.
A couple of years ago did complete brake job and new tires for my almost mint 93 F-250 XLT 460 Manual 5 speed tranny. Just got it back from the shop for new wiper motor, headlight controls, speedometer relay, and a few other electrical issues. Only $400. The brakes and tires were much more, but now it is running like new - 52,000 original miles (another story). Looking for another Gemsport canopy to replace the one that got smashed by 4 large fir limbs during a storm. Since they are out of business, they are hard to find. Just have to have a truck for hauling and yard work. At 11 mpg, I don't drive it much, even though it is a highway cruiser and will climb a tree in 4 wheel low.

A couple of years ago did complete brake job and new tires for my almost mint 93 F-250 XLT 460 Manual 5 speed tranny. Just got it back from the shop for new wiper motor, headlight controls, speedometer relay, and a few other electrical issues. Only $400. The brakes and tires were much more, but now it is running like new - 52,000 original miles (another story). Looking for another Gemsport canopy to replace the one that got smashed by 4 large fir limbs during a storm. Since they are out of business, they are hard to find. Just have to have a truck for hauling and yard work. At 11 mpg, I don't drive it much, even though it is a highway cruiser and will climb a tree in 4 wheel low.

Ours is a service bed with a custom tire/jerry can carrier and custom rack that accommodates two kayaks and a rooftop tent. Kayaks slide underneath the tent so they do not need to be removed to use the tent. It's a pretty slick set up for an adventure vehicle. Still need to purchase the tent. Have one picked out, just got to drive to Bend and get it. Late spring early summer road trip.

Turned out to be a pretty busy week for me. Didn't have any of this on Monday. One of the 80%ers came with a small nick in the finish on the tube mount, oh well. The upper will hide it. :)

IMG_3060.jpg

Ours is a service bed with a custom tire/jerry can carrier and custom rack that accommodates two kayaks and a rooftop tent. Kayaks slide underneath the tent so they do not need to be removed to use the tent. It's a pretty slick set up for an adventure vehicle. Still need to purchase the tent. Have one picked out, just got to drive to Bend and get it. Late spring early summer road trip.
That is why I like the Gemsport canopy - made of steel and will hold a lot on top with simple rack. It also doesn't sweat when using it as a living/sleeping space like some canopies - foam lined. Nothing like bumping your head on the roof and having it rain condensation.

book1.jpg

^ Picked up this book. We've done a ton of earthquake-related preps and reading over the last year or so, so this one maybe kind of redundant. On the other hand, it cost less than the tip on a restaurant or bar bill, so why not. :)

Laid some ground-work for medical training; combat lifesaver refresher!

Provided by a couple EMTs who've recently returned from Iraq.....

The advancements in 1st Aid since my era are mind-boggling.

Today I ordered 20 bricks of CCI 40 gr 22LR ammo (product #0021) from PSA. It was $19.99 per brick (500 rds) and free shipping too. Deal ends 3/22/18 at midnight (Eastern Standard Time).

Stack it deep while you can.

Aloha, Mark

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top