JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I will not be taking commissions for custom gear until after New Year's Day. But I will still be doing some sewing projects, and probably some ruck designs or two.. maybe a retro-modern rig or some pockets using this latest 1000D fabric I got from Fabric Warehouse.

DSCF7125.JPG
Top is new to me 1000D camo,
Middle is 0241 Tactical's 500D ERDL
Bottom is 1000D Woodland, identical to USGI MOLLE Woodland, no flash used
DSCF7124.JPG
1000D Fabric Warehouse top, 1000D Woodland bottom, again no flash

DSCF7123.JPG
With flash, same, 1000D new top, 1000D Woodland bottom

DSCF7122.JPG

1000D new top, 500D 0241 Tactical ERDL; this image also with flash. Shows very clearly that the 1000D material uses nearly identical pattern size and shapes as ERDL, just a bit different tones and no print shifts
DSCF7121.JPG
Left to right, under flash; 1000D Woodland, 500D ERDL, 1000D Fabric Warehouse.

This material, while smaller scaled pattern; does resemble in colors, those used by MSA Paraclete, and AWS Inc, images from internet
Jlmuk46.jpg U3oYDbf.jpg 1_4441cc8ed853da69a77f1276f057b07e.jpg
MSA Paraclete rigs and pouches

21401107173063_686.jpg
AWS Inc SF chest rig

It is now Feb 2024 and I still have not decided on what projects I want to take on yet. I still have some things I need to finish up first, and some things that has gotten my fancy.

From https://carcajoutactical.com/products/diy-molle-pannel

Based in Canada, but shipping costs and ship time wasn't bad at all...

just over 27" long, 18" tall laser cut MOLLE laminated 500D Woodland with 1000D black Cordura backing; 18 columns left to right, 17 rows of slots. Based on the measurements of my Medium ALICEs, this one panel would cover all 3 sides of the main bag body, with only the grommeted draw cord channel and the bottom being not covered. A lid would be slick and made of my current 500D solid Woodland material; the main bag body though.. I'm trying to figure out what would go good with it.

DSCF7456.JPG
On bare table, the Woodland here is pretty brown domimant

DSCF7455.JPG
On top of woodland Cordura, pretty cool counter-camo effect in the slots

DSCF7454.JPG
On 400D Olive Drab from Rockywoods, decent

DSCF7453.JPG
On 500D Ranger Green, also decent

DSCF7452.JPG
On 500D Coyote Brown, dang that brown just pops out of the slots. To say nothing of Tan 499, which I don't have enough of in 500D for a whole bag :s0140:

I do also have 500D olive drabs in two shades and some 1000D materials but I want to at least keep some weight down :D

M81 is the Hawaiian print for this election cycle.
Boog , baby, boog.
Thats why in the last couple years, M81 Woodland Cordura shot up from $15 a yard all the way to $32 a yard (from China! :eek: ), with reputable brands like Rockywoods and Ahh Biz selling from $20 / yard for 500D to $25 a yard for 1000D... to say nothing of Whiskey Two Four's laminates being $68/yard to 89/ yard :s0001:

Thats why in the last couple years, M81 Woodland Cordura shot up from $15 a yard all the way to $32 a yard (from China! :eek: ), with reputable brands like Rockywoods and Ahh Biz selling from $20 / yard for 500D to $25 a yard for 1000D... to say nothing of Whiskey Two Four's laminates being $68/yard to 89/ yard :s0001:
I've almost given up on the classic John Wayne tiger stripe. It's almost all used/visible wear vintage. Or collectible price for some friggin pants.

I've almost given up on the classic John Wayne tiger stripe. It's almost all used/visible wear vintage. Or collectible price for some friggin pants.
Yeah....... I did get some "Vietnam Tigerstripe" loop/fuzzy side Velcro from Whiskey Two Four (good place for a lot of stuff, if not looking for laminates lol), and still have the Tigerstripe fabric for your chest rig idea :) just haven't measured or figured best most secure mag pocket method that doesn't involve curves like the Serbian pouches.

Edit. It will go excellent with "olive" green BDU pants and ranger green tops ;)

Edit 2, Rockywoods does sell laminated Tiger Stripe for laser cutting, by half a yard for $28.something per half a yard (18" by 54"-58" width), but one would need access to a laser cutter or similar to do the slotting.

Yeah....... I did get some "Vietnam Tigerstripe" loop/fuzzy side Velcro from Whiskey Two Four (good place for a lot of stuff, if not looking for laminates lol), and still have the Tigerstripe fabric for your chest rig idea :) just haven't measured or figured best most secure mag pocket method that doesn't involve curves like the Serbian pouches.

Edit. It will go excellent with "olive" green BDU pants and ranger green tops ;)

Edit 2, Rockywoods does sell laminated Tiger Stripe for laser cutting, by half a yard for $28.something per half a yard (18" by 54"-58" width), but one would need access to a laser cutter or similar to do the slotting.
I found a pair of faded black BDU pants that I'm wearing again. Old ripstop feels thin after 25 years of carhart and dickies double knee.
I just want a pair of old camo pants for day off lounging.

I found a pair of faded black BDU pants that I'm wearing again. Old ripstop feels thin after 25 years of carhart and dickies double knee.
I just want a pair of old camo pants for day off lounging.
I know what you mean; I still have a pair of black Propper pants from like 1996 or so that's still going good..though its more of a very dark, almost coal like grey.. along with my thrift shop black 3XL M65 field jacket from Atlantco (now Truspec). My preferred pants though are all BDUs and I'm just not a fan of a lot of the denim jeans out there.

Edit. Other than swim trunks, or workout trunks.. I haven't worn shorts for about 10 years.

I know what you mean; I still have a pair of black Propper pants from like 1996 or so that's still going good..though its more of a very dark, almost coal like grey.. along with my thrift shop black 3XL M65 field jacket from Atlantco (now Truspec). My preferred pants though are all BDUs and I'm just not a fan of a lot of the denim jeans out there.

Edit. Other than swim trunks, or workout trunks.. I haven't worn shorts for about 10 years.
Message from the future.
" dad , thanks for not wearing shorts in front of my friends "

Well. What do I know. Turns out the remnant 500D Camo Green 483 (what I used for the fantasy Small ALICE ruck in first post of thread); has just enough material for the main body of a Medium ALICE, and possibly also the padded frame pocket. I will still be using 500D Woodland for the lid; although the green main fabric does ameliorate the general brown dominant look of this particular panel.

On the other hand, keeping it all Woodland except frame pocket might make more sense, from a finished product point of view.. except for the lid and frame connection straps, and the binding tape for lid. Hm. Unless I order M81 printed/jacquard woven nylon webbing... then it'll just be the binding tape thats camo green. DSCF7457.JPG DSCF7458.JPG

Done with this beast of a project. First full project using Singer 20U33.

Eh. Very not likely to repeat this with 20U33.... 31-20 probably better for it :) now I'll get on a TS AK chest rig soon, I think I want to get a cheap or free AK Chicom canvas rig just so I can measure the pockets vs the AK mags

DSCF7479.JPG DSCF7481.JPG DSCF7478.JPG DSCF7476.JPG DSCF7482.JPG DSCF7480.JPG

Detail shots
DSCF7477.JPG
ALICE style drawstring top
DSCF7475.JPG

bottom
DSCF7474.JPG
Lower shoulder strap D-ring attachments fir frameless carry
DSCF7473.JPG
Lower frame attachment
DSCF7472.JPG
Map pocket MOLLE style

DSCF7471.JPG
Loop velcro inside panel for hook velcro pockets/organizers/ammo panels
DSCF7483.JPG Upper shoulder strap attachments and padded frame pocket

Materials;

500D Cordura Woodland

500D/1000D Cordura Woodland/Black lasercut MOLLE panel

Tan 499 buckles and D-rings

Coyote brown cord lock and O-rings

Camo Green webbing and binding tape

CS Osborne grommets

USGI camo green paracord with 7 white strands, one with green intervals

Camo Green 500D

3/8" Closed Cell foam

Black loop velcro

Olive loop velcro

Wal-mart clear vinyl

@CamoDeafie
Still gotta talk with you and get a ARVN style ruck....
Need to wait a bit...I have the black powder gun show coming up soon...and a antique rifle on layaway.

I want that ruck...but I would like to have some funds set aside first to pay you......
Andy

Metal AR/M4/M16 mags;

DSCF7574.JPG
Left to right,
30rd standard 5.56
20rd 6.5 Grendel
20rd 5.56 retro
10rd 6.5 Grendel
DSCF7573.JPG
Left 2, 5.56, right 2, 6.5 Grendel

Shown on top of woodland BDU/ apparel fabric (cotton I think).

for the 20rd sizes, Esstac KYWI Short inserts works, for 30rds, plenty of pouches and rigs available, but some I've made just because..

10rd 6.5 Grendel, too short for Esstac short, and likely too short for USMC Speed Reload pouch. Have made 4 cell pouch with Lift The Dot flaps for the size.

Thinking for the retro 20rd straight mags; a modified SKS style 6-8 pocket chest rig in one of these two ERDL type camos? 1000D Cordura tropical lime green ERDL top, 500D repro VN style ERDL bottom DSCF7122.JPG

Still figuring out the Vietnam Tiger stripe AK rig, I think I'll break down and order a Chicom rig in May, in order to measure the AK pockets and compare to the AK mag bodies I have @Knobgoblin

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews