JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If you ever start making quilts. I'd be down for one. Always wanted a Cordura 1000d or similar quilt. Bonus points for multicam pattern stitching! There is an outfit online that used to or still does make them, but you're a person I'd rather support.

If you ever start making quilts. I'd be down for one. Always wanted a Cordura 1000d or similar quilt. Bonus points for multicam pattern stitching! There is an outfit online that used to or still does make them, but you're a person I'd rather support.
1000D quilt sounds heavy, scratchy and inflexible lol be great for putting on ground

I have some ideas of gear I think would be handy and I never see a maker who creates them. My ideas must be all wrong I guess. :D

As an old man who is very weight conscious about what I can carry, the big chest rigs are just too much weight.

What I would like to own is something that slings across the body that just holds extra ammo. Also has a waste belt to keep it in place.

A double row of 12 gauge ammo with a total of ten rounds. Similar to this

1000D quilt sounds heavy, scratchy and inflexible lol be great for putting on ground
One sided maybe? Beats me, I just like the idea of a durable quilt that can be used for lots of things. Shelter, tarp, blanket. I sort of have something like this already. But not in multi cam!

Here's an idea.
The market would be hikers and hunters.
The theme is woods carry or concealed woods carry.

I think more and more hikers want to carry these days and concealment would probably be preferred.
A chest pack design or a forward worn fanny pack, maybe ?

Here's an idea.
The market would be hikers and hunters.
The theme is woods carry or concealed woods carry.

I think more and more hikers want to carry these days and concealment would probably be preferred.
A chest pack design or a forward worn fanny pack, maybe ?
Something that would compete with the Hill People Gear's Runners Kit Bag and Chest pack designs?
I have some ideas of gear I think would be handy and I never see a maker who creates them. My ideas must be all wrong I guess. :D

As an old man who is very weight conscious about what I can carry, the big chest rigs are just too much weight.

What I would like to own is something that slings across the body that just holds extra ammo. Also has a waste belt to keep it in place.

A double row of 12 gauge ammo with a total of ten rounds. Similar to this

I'm only 40 and I already know of what you're seeking; as a fellow fatso :s0140: a shotgun shell chest/sling bandolier that's not just one of those webbing strap tactical bandoleers? And has both a dump pouch for empties and a pocket for an extra box of 12ga, with a belly/waist strap that can be detached if needed?

Here is what I have and it could be improved on.

I'll have to look at that. I do have this pretty sturdy waterproof material for shelter/tarp making, but it's not currently available for more purchases
20221110_110604.jpg

You still up for doing the .30 cal bandolier we talked about?
Like the WW-1 and early WW-2 Version for the M-1903, BUT a six quad pouch with a bottom belt loop/hook, sort of like the Brit Commonwealth M-1903 type, Garand Dosn't work, too loose, and hate the canvas and leather, need something more modern with secure but quick closure, and in Coyote like the pouches you did for me before! :s0155:

Something that would compete with the Hill People Gear's Runners Kit Bag and Chest pack designs?

I'm only 40 and I already know of what you're seeking; as a fellow fatso :s0140: a shotgun shell chest/sling bandolier that's not just one of those webbing strap tactical bandoleers? And has both a dump pouch for empties and a pocket for an extra box of 12ga, with a belly/waist strap that can be detached if needed?

I'll have to look at that. I do have this pretty sturdy waterproof material for shelter/tarp making, but it's not currently available for more purchases
View attachment 1419495
I am thinking more on the line of a over the shoulder sling with a waiste belt that has a molly way of attaching different gear.

My thoughts are that the apocalypse is coming to me and most likely will be driving so a set up with my shotgun is what I want. Be nice to have a sling full of 12 gauge ammo but most of the slings are way too much ammo or made where the ammo falls out.

That chest rig you show with Molly attachments only made as a sling for right or left side. Something this will fit on.

Oh and I am overweight and old and and well... :D

My thinking on the apocalypse coming to me as I am too old to go there.. o_O

Last Edited:
You still up for doing the .30 cal bandolier we talked about?
Like the WW-1 and early WW-2 Version for the M-1903, BUT a six quad pouch with a bottom belt loop/hook, sort of like the Brit Commonwealth M-1903 type, Garand Dosn't work, too loose, and hate the canvas and leather, need something more modern with secure but quick closure, and in Coyote like the pouches you did for me before! :s0155:
Maybe, if ya send me measurements again and I'll figure pricing; bottom belt as in those inner/outer velcro tac belts?
I am thinking more on the line of a over the shoulder sling with a waiste belt that has a molly way of attaching different gear.

My thoughts are that the apocalypse is coming to me and most likely will be driving so a set up with my shotgun is what I want. Be nice to have a sling full of 12 gauge ammo but most of the slings are way too much ammo or made where the ammo falls out.

That chest rig you show with Molly attachments only made as a sling for right or left side. Something this will fit on.

Oh and I am overweight and old and and well... :D

My thinking on the apocalypse coming to me as I am too old to go there.. o_O

So; basically a sling MOLLE mesh panel that can have a waist strap and is ambidextrous?
Yes.
I think there's a growing market segment there.
I'll have to look and see what kind of holsters are popular for conceal in bags... perhaps a velcro inner pocket that's open on two sides for the shooter to draw from, thus allowing either side? Edit; I know kydex types are wildly popular for both conceal and OWB holsters; particularly Safariland's tactical series

Not a commission yet, more an RFI gathering data--I'm fighting with trying to get mom's tax paperwork together for her before the extension runs out on top of dealing with all her BS Good Idea Fairy visits and my own job/problems.

Anyway, I'm looking for something like this:

But 15" long *inside* rather than overall, and 5" deep. Basically two layers of four mags and a QRB-equipped takedown AR pistol broken in half. Something to hold this but more comfortably without funny bulges and with a fully closing zipper:
20230703_154608.jpg

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR