JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Dang man, makes me have a teary eye after my oncologist appointment today and hearing your story. My numbers climbed out of the normal or "remission" category today. They said the next cycle or few we will need to have a much different conversation about treatment. The last four years, after surgery and treatment, have let me live relatively pain free and almost a normal life. I couldn't ask for more. The next few months or "cycles" willl let me know which direction I am heading. I'll tell you what though, I've already dealt with pain that would make average man end it all and still proved I'm tough enough. But when it gets close for me, give me a cocktail of what it takes to keep me from ever getting there again when it comes to pain. Sorry about the bummer post but reflecting on some not so good news after my chemo appointment today. I'm planning on a couple years more god willing. On that note, @bbbass hasnt been heard from in a long time. I've met him and went to his local range when I was over there, a real true American man with a very similar disease that I have. We connected during our treatments and transplants and I pray he is ok. I have been too busy focusing on work to pay attention to real friends lately and after today realize I made the wrong choice.
Praying for you

Dang man, makes me have a teary eye after my oncologist appointment today and hearing your story. My numbers climbed out of the normal or "remission" category today. They said the next cycle or few we will need to have a much different conversation about treatment. The last four years, after surgery and treatment, have let me live relatively pain free and almost a normal life. I couldn't ask for more. The next few months or "cycles" willl let me know which direction I am heading. I'll tell you what though, I've already dealt with pain that would make average man end it all and still proved I'm tough enough. But when it gets close for me, give me a cocktail of what it takes to keep me from ever getting there again when it comes to pain. Sorry about the bummer post but reflecting on some not so good news after my chemo appointment today. I'm planning on a couple years more god willing. On that note, @bbbass hasnt been heard from in a long time. I've met him and went to his local range when I was over there, a real true American man with a very similar disease that I have. We connected during our treatments and transplants and I pray he is ok. I have been too busy focusing on work to pay attention to real friends lately and after today realize I made the wrong choice.
You are AWSOME MAN! I greatly admire your story. It's cool too that you got to meet up with BBBass. Wifey and I did a road trip a couple years ago and went to LaGrand to meet bill and his wife Lou. We really weren't in a position to go shooting. Especially since a winter storm came in and closed everything out that way and forced us home early. I've missed bill too.

The "end" being near sucks of course. Everyone of course has to make the choice of how to go if they have something that does them in slowly. I have LONG been very pro Doctors being able to assist someone who has had enough IF, and that's the big IF, they are of sound mind and time is short. I for me can see no point in being bed ridden and in lots of pain. At that point I would want to just be allowed to slip away. One thing I have NEVER been able to "get" is the people who are terminal who go out making a huge mess for loved ones to find. That sucks.
The sibling of Wife who lived with us until the last few weeks ended up in a Nursing home for the last few weeks. It was her choice as she felt she was being a burden on us. We made it clear to her we had no problem and her other siblings who were angry at the drugs and drink we allowed her could pound sand. So when she elected to go to the home we were their daily. She was allowed beer there too which I made sure she had. We both also made sure the staff gave her the pain meds she was allowed. I felt VERY bad for the ones there who had no family riding the butts of the staff as they often were easy to see willing to ignore the people they were paid to take care of. The Hospice RN came by the home a few times when she first moved in and in front of me climbed up the A$$ of the staff there about the meds. I am sure Wife and I were NOT popular at the place which made me lose NO sleep :cool:

Yeah...you'll never see green leaf lettuce on a Micky D's burger. I actually find it amazing how salty the American cheese that McDonalds manages to source is. Don't get me wrong it's something that makes it taste "good" (it actually probably hides the lack of beef taste) but it is so salty it is amazing.
Some of our friends talked us into going to Denny's for breakfast. Talk about salty food. All of the meats, potatoes and eggs made me sick. I think everything is overly salty to cover up the taste of the low quality food. My friend ordered country fried steak and eggs. I told him I hope there is an ambulance outside. With the engine running. Never going there again.

Where I live you can go to Applebees or similar places for the same amount of money as fast food. With the price of eating out these days it better be good or else it's just not worth it at all.

The upside to all these price hikes is that is that we have been cooking from scratch more, and are saving money and feeling better as a result.

Man, I don't get the Applebee's thing. Feels like sit-down restaurant waiting but for fast food quality. SO and myself now go to Mom and Pop style diners (those that are still around), taverns/taphouses/brewpubs or whatever. Negligible difference in cost for better quality IMO. Rather spend my money locally. Kudos for scratch cooking and saving money!

Man, I don't get the Applebee's thing. Feels like sit-down restaurant waiting but for fast food quality. SO and myself now go to Mom and Pop style diners (those that are still around), taverns/taphouses/brewpubs or whatever. Negligible difference in cost for better quality IMO. Rather spend my money locally. Kudos for scratch cooking and saving money!
We go to the Applebee's here fairly regularly as the food is (to me) FAR better than any fast food and price is about the same. Any time we find some new "Mom &Pop" shop we will try them out. The problem with them tends to be LACK of service. Its damn hard for for a small place to hire help because it costs so damn much here. Wife and I went for a drive down to another county yesterday to eat at a small local place. Food was GREAT, and again service almost non existent. When we were done Wife had to go in the back and chase down someone to come give us a to go box and let us pay the damn check. I will probably try them one more time but if its like that again? It will be the last time. Couple weeks ago we did the same thing. Went for a drive, stopped at a small place her Dad used to like to go to. Same thing, come time to pay I had to go outside, in the back, to find the "help" so I could pay. Treat people like that then wonder why they can't make a go of it. :(

Chain restaurants = bougie fast food (IMO!!)

I'd far rather wait a little while for service and get something that didn't come from a commissary kitchen for dishes creatively engineered by a talented cook/chef cooked from scratch on-site. That said, tipping 15+% if you order standing up and bus your own table is a bullbubblegum trend in Portland.

Chain restaurants = bougie fast food (IMO!!)

I'd far rather wait a little while for service and get something that didn't come from a commissary kitchen for dishes creatively engineered by a talented cook/chef cooked from scratch on-site. That said, tipping 15+% if you order standing up and bus your own table is a bullbubblegum trend in Portland.
To go food from the nearest chinese restaurant is $25
Eat in at the same will cost $40 with a tip & a drink
Burger King with a coupon costs $8 for a whopper meal, lg fries & drink

We ate not so fast take out from Rattlesnake BBQ. It used to be the Dexter Lake Club from the movie Animal House. Half a Chicken, Beans, Coleslaw and a couple homemade Toffee Chip Cookies. $25.00 and left overs for lunch tomorrow. I didn't mind the wait and this time I didn't even have to find cook/waitress/ bartender to put my order in. I'm guessing it's not the place for big city fast foodies and that's alright with me.

We ate not so fast take out from Rattlesnake BBQ. It used to be the Dexter Lake Club from the movie Animal House. Half a Chicken, Beans, Coleslaw and a couple homemade Toffee Chip Cookies. $25.00 and left overs for lunch tomorrow. I didn't mind the wait and this time I didn't even have to find cook/waitress/ bartender to put my order in. I'm guessing it's not the place for big city fast foodies and that's alright with me.
Don't know if Portland is big and I like food but that sounds awesome.

Don't feed them that mcjunk! It will give them the mcpoopies! Grandpa's are supposed to grill some good food
They only like the chicken nuggets and fries. I don't fix either one at home. While someone is going to get that and bring it home, I am grilling hamburgers, steak, ribs, etc. Everybody is then happy. 😋

Way more food than a hotdog! Eggs, potatoes, cheese, salsa, sausage....yumm! Better than anything I could get at a FF place for that price!
I did 60 days up in ptown for work in the wooflue era, I found 1 good breakfast burrito truck in the pearl district. Good food but it was a terrible area. I couldn't imagine living in that hell hole

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top