JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I recently purchased a pair of Streamlight TLR RM 2 rifle lights. I really like their streamlined compact size, built in mounts, and ergonomics. my only real criticism is the facecap. By rotating the facecap counter clockwise a quarter turn the light is disabled, a great feature to prevent accidental battery drain. What i don't like is that it has a smooth finish with a few narrow slots to provide some sort of grip, making it a bit difficult to turn especially when cold or if wearing gloves.

Is there any sort of aftermarket product or hack that adds something like an easy to grip knob making this glove friendly?

The facecap has the red sticker in the photo below and that is the surface you grip to disable or enable the light.
1700849159739.png

You could also do something along these lines. But the lever may end up getting caught on clothing, etc. depending on orientation.

You could also do something along these lines. But the lever may end up getting caught on clothing, etc. depending on orientation.

I was hoping for some sort of aftermarket device that would slip in and engage the slots in the facecap that had a larger knobby surface. I have to think I'm not the first person to think the design could be improved. So far leaning towards the friction tape, but then again perhaps @bbowl might see this as a potential product related to the throw levers.

I was hoping for some sort of aftermarket device that would slip in and engage the slots in the facecap that had a larger knobby surface. I have to think I'm not the first person to think the design could be improved. So far leaning towards the friction tape, but then again perhaps @bbowl might see this as a potential product related to the throw levers.
The only experience I have with that facecap is that he one I have on a TLR7sub on my G48. But I've never seen a need to "disable" the light. So I have never turned it. The light is always in a holster. That's obviously not the case with a rifle.

Do you want to have the ability to turn the lense? I'd pin it so it was always enabled to be turned on.

Have you actually had an issue with parasitic drain?

I've checked my TLR7 on my G29 and haven't noticed any.
I did with a previous light that had the same configuration. While it was in a divided soft case with a rifle (light on a shotgun) the switch was held down during transportation resulting in dead batteries. I like the ability to lock out/disable the light.

These lights are mounted on rifles, not pistols so are not protected by holsters.

I did with a previous light that had the same configuration. While it was in a divided soft case with a rifle (light on a shotgun) the switch was held down during transportation resulting in dead batteries. I like the ability to lock out/disable the light.

These lights are mounted on rifles, not pistols so are not protected by holsters.
Ah, ok. That makes a difference. I keep mine in a holster which prevents the switch from being activated unintentionally.

yeah could definitely do that. Either clamp on or friction fit, nylon or rubber (tpu95). Lots of options, I'll send you a pm

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews