JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I installed a brace using an under the pistol grip adapter but it is about 1/4 inch too long. The rear of the trigger is at times getting stuck. Does anybody know any shops that could cut my adapter 1/4 inch for me?

IMG_3297.jpeg IMG_3297.jpeg IMG_3295.jpeg

I'd just spend like $15 at harbor freight for a corded angle grinder and zip it down, then polish and repaint the surface. Bet it's a 10 minute job tops

Sound advice will do! Any idea what size grinding wheel I should get?
Depends on the grinder. 4-4.5" is pretty common with the cheap ones. That size of a job a 3" disk would be just fine and you could always just pick up an arbor and 3" disk... and just use your drill.

1714259394111.png

The cost of a HF grinder can be cheap but you still need to buy disks, anyway.

Something like this pack would do. (pack of 3" and arbor included)
* Just an example. Those are decent disks for small jobs, but there may be packs with fewer disks for less or HF probably has a similar smaller pack of disks + arbor... or small pack of 3"ers and an arbor sold separate on the cheap.

Last Edited:
Sound advice will do! Any idea what size grinding wheel I should get?
Just your basic 4 1/2" grinding disc will more than do the job. Obviously, you'll want the part you're working on taken off the gun... Don't wanna bugger the receiver. Heck, you could probably just massage the area directly in contact with the trigger instead of the full length

You know why they call it a bastard file? Because when you slip and mess up your knuckles you say, "you bastard!"
I always thought it was because a job looks like it will only take a couple minutes, but you grind and grind... and you "think" you are grinding it level... but 30 minutes later you're tuckered out and it finally fits... only to find it's not quite square. "Ya BASTARD!!"

Last Edited:
I cut a bit to much off oh well it's really on there and it cost me no money. I work in a warehouse breaking seals all day I thought hell that can't be much thicker than the seals I break so I used a bolt cutter and it cut through like butter although clearly I cut a bit too much off I can still deal with it and it no longer touches the trigger

IMG_3345.jpeg

I cut a bit to much off oh well it's really on there and it cost me no money. I work in a warehouse breaking seals all day I thought hell that can't be much thicker than the seals I break so I used a bolt cutter and it cut through like butter although clearly I cut a bit too much off I can still deal with it and it no longer touches the trigger

View attachment 1871551
Glad that worked out. Unconventional route, but if it fits it ships, right?

Glad that worked out. Unconventional route, but if it fits it ships, right?
I have ak so many AK pistol this draco has been a pain in the A! 2 range trips like 60 rounds of 7.62 wasted. I had to reinstall the trigger myself and that when I found a part that I hadn't
never seen an an AK. The wonderful shepards hooks. I had to order an AK retainer pin plate because what a pain in the a that shepards hooks is lol. I'm going to take it to the range next weekend hopefully it'll run reliably I even filed down the pistol grip so there is no way that trigger should get caught.

IMG_3350.png IMG_3351.jpeg

I have ak so many AK pistol this draco has been a pain in the A! 2 range trips like 60 rounds of 7.62 wasted. I had to reinstall the trigger myself and that when I found a part that I hadn't
never seen an an AK. The wonderful shepards hooks. I had to order an AK retainer pin plate because what a pain in the a that shepards hooks is lol. I'm going to take it to the range next weekend hopefully it'll run reliably I even filed down the pistol grip so there is no way that trigger should get caught.

View attachment 1871565 View attachment 1871566
Almost looks like someone left a homemade tool in your gun. I have no idea what that Shepard's hook thing is supposed to do

Upcoming Events

Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top