JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A 22 percent decline in shootings is nothing to sneeze at, and the fact that Portland saw that major improvement without any of Measure 114's provisions being enforced is another black eye for gun control advocates who insist that the only way to protect the public is to criminalize our Second Amendment rights. Portland didn't need a mag ban, pistol purchase permit, "universal" background checks, or a gun registry to dramatically improve its crime stats. It just needed to focus on the people who are actually committing these crimes.

What...???!!!!
Go after those who are a danger and are committing crimes.....
Fascinating.
Andy
200.gif

What...???!!!!
Go after those who are a danger and are committing crimes.....
Fascinating.
Andy
View attachment 1848952
It's a self-correcting problem, actually. The vast (vast) majority of these crimes are perpetrated by those with "high-risk" lifestyles, habits, and behaviors. Since we're all already born dying, they speed that process along (preferably before they procreate)… which suits me just fine.

It's a self-correcting problem, actually. The vast (vast) majority of these crimes are perpetrated by those with "high-risk" lifestyles, habits, and behaviors. Since we're all already born dying, they speed that process along (preferably before they procreate)… which suits me just fine.
All true.

However...their actions , as well as the consequences of their actions , negatively affect those who wish to have nothing to do with them and their choices.

I am damn sick and tired of "paying the piper" for the actions of others.
Andy

Crime stats could fall to the ground and they would still rally for removing the gun from law abiding Americans. It's the guns and gun owners that "they" hate.

I appreciate you taking the time to open a new thread and, you make a salient point.

As has been mentioned, the political supermajority that has been in power for decades in Oregon plainly does not believe in private firearms ownership, period. At best, they selectively believe in The Constitution of the United States.

My latest outrage is the Oregon Firearms Instant Check System (FICS). Evidently there is no time limit to which they must comply. I can only conclude that "Instant" may in fact mean NEVER in the State of Oregon's eyes.

Sure there is the so-called "Brady Exception" that means if the FFL has not received a response from the Instant Check System in a given amount of time the FFL involved can transfer the firearm. (But the currently on hold measure 114 will eliminate the Brady Exception, meaning that "Instant" can in fact mean "N E V E R!")

Sure eventually, someone will have to file a lawsuit against the state and the state will use taxpayer funds to fight citizens who wish to exercise a Constitutionally protected right! (And our Attorney General will be a hero to the extreme Leftists for attempting to effectively eliminate private firearms ownership!)

Although I am a Life NRA member I have given up on them since Wayne Lapierre has corrupted the organization beyond recognition. I paid for a Life membership in Gun Owners of America.

Anyone have recommendations on a Oregon state based organization worthy of joining?

Regards,

Last Edited:
Oregon State Shooting Association is one group, however, it's essentially the Oregon affiliate of NSSF, which is an NRA affiliate. https://www.ossa.org/

You've also got Oregon Hunters Association https://oregonhunters.org/about-us/

The only no compromise group is Oregon Firearms Federation. https://www.oregonfirearms.org/.

OFF was the first to file suite against the state in federal court over Measure 114 and continues to support and contribute to the state lawsuit and appeal. I've spent a considerable amount of time volunteering for OFF in the last two years. We were able to raise over $20k for signs and information pamphlets against M114 before that election. Since then, many different members have been attending gun shows distributing information about the lawsuits and encouraging gun owners to actually do something instead of just being keyboard commandos.

There are other national groups that are making a difference in Oregon. Among them are GOA, FPC, and GOF.

It's up to you to decide who you would like to support financially. The important thing is to get involved in one way or another. This is an election year and it's important that we don't lose any ground. Encourage as many others as you can to vote. Join your county republican party and be a part of distributing information and getting out the vote. The May primary is more than just about who will run. For some county and city positions, the actual elections are in May.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews