JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Iv never bought a gun from stortsmans till now the guy told me to call to see when the background goes thru but they won't pick up anyone else experience this? I don't want to waist a trip up there to be let down lol

Iv never bought a gun from stortsmans till now the guy told me to call to see when the background goes thru but they won't pick up anyone else experience this? I don't want to waist a trip up there to be let down lol
Are you referring to Sportsmans in Salem? If so their gun counter is THE WORST. I got lucky one time and went there just to look at something their website showed they had in stock in the store, and by fluke there was no one in line. However usually there is quite the line, (you have to literally take a number) and most of the workers are slow as mud, and only handle one customer at a time. Next time go to Tick Licker in South Salem- they know how to multitask, and usually I am in and out in less than 15 minutes completing a transfer, background check etc. I know this doesnt help you this time, but maybe next time? TL prices can be higher, but the speed and customer service is worth paying a little bit more, as my time and sanity are valuable too! ;-)

Are you referring to Sportsmans in Salem? If so their gun counter is THE WORST. I got lucky one time and went there just to look at something their website showed they had in stock in the store, and by fluke there was no one in line. However usually there is quite the line, (you have to literally take a number) and most of the workers are slow as mud, and only handle one customer at a time. Next time go to Tick Licker in South Salem- they know how to multitask, and usually I am in and out in less than 15 minutes completing a transfer, background check etc. I know this doesnt help you this time, but maybe next time? TL prices can be higher, but the speed and customer service is worth paying a little bit more, as my time and sanity are valuable too! ;-)
No the one in Hillsboro… they finally picked up said I was approved waited in line for 30min for ppl with there thumb in there @$$ then I'm not even making this up another 45min to proses the paperwork or whatever they did if the guy didn't have my license when he went in the back the second time I would have just left …. I usually go to capital pawn or pew nations in Salem they call me say it's done hand me my gun I leave …. But this was a joke I'm glad I didn't try and do this on my lunch break…

No the one in Hillsboro… they finally picked up said I was approved waited in line for 30min for ppl with there thumb in there @$$ then I'm not even making this up another 45min to proses the paperwork or whatever they did if the guy didn't have my license when he went in the back the second time I would have just left …. I usually go to capital pawn or pew nations in Salem they call me say it's done hand me my gun I leave …. But this was a joke I'm glad I didn't try and do this on my lunch break…
What did we learn, class?

Sounds like the Hillsboro one is the same as Salem. Sad because sometimes they do have good prices and some stock that is hard to find. Funny I was just looking at a suppressor that pewnations is showing able to order on their website, and had not been there yet, even though they are very close to where i live. Will have to check them out . . .

Sounds like the Hillsboro one is the same as Salem. Sad because sometimes they do have good prices and some stock that is hard to find. Funny I was just looking at a suppressor that pewnations is showing able to order on their website, and had not been there yet, even though they are very close to where i live. Will have to check them out . . .
Sportsmans in Hillsboro, I had a different experience. Ordered a gun from them, and then made my appointment on line to go pickup.

I went there at the appointed time and there was probably 10 people in line.

They called out my name and I went ahead of everyone.

We did the legalities on the tablet, and I got instant approval.

Can't speak any higher of Sportsman's Hillsboro.

Unless, its the Sportsmans on the Eastside off Johnson Creek Exit from 205.

I do believe that store has a better inventory.

Honestly the way I was treated at pew nations was amazing they were super nice and helpful evytime I have been in I think there the best shop in town not a big inventory but the best coustomer service I have ever experienced and willing to help

The Sportsmans' at Hillsboro has been mostly fine when I've been there, but it really depends on time of day/week. I'd try real hard to get in there during off hours or you could easily stand around for 45 minutes waiting.

Sportsman's in Klamath Falls is *much* better. I hardly ever have to wait. Made a purchase last Friday afternoon. They called yesterday when the "instant" check cleared. Pickup was also quick and easy.

You all need to give up on buying silly guns with long wait NICS background checks, and switch to buying SUPPRESSORS!

Currently, suppressor orders are going through FASTER than NICS background checks - NO JOKE!

Ordered a suppressor online at a local FFL who has a Silencershop kiosk on Tuesday morning this week. FFL was fast, and worked with me and ended up having all paperwork done and submitted Form 4 to ATF at 3pm same day on Tuesday! Received the call today, Friday AM at 0830 that my Form 4 had been approved, and I could come take home my new suppressor- Rugged Obsidian 45!!!

From the time I hit the order button to the time I was walking out with suppressor in hand this am was almost exactly 3 days!

Crazy times when the full ATF process Form 4 suppressors are coming back faster than NICS background checks!!

Moral of the story- buy suppressors! After this success, i no joke tonight order FOUR more- LOL the wallet is cleaned out!!
IMG_6881.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR