JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Had one run this afternoon and it was instant; as in a few minutes after data was entered. Granted very unusual name, SSN, and CHL. That wouldn't explain the one that took almost a week earlier in the year though. 🤷‍♀️

Not sure what to make of this…. just went to pick up my suppressor, got an instant on that, saw a good a host and picked up a new pistol but got put in the queue for the first time ever.

Could have submitting a second bg following the first trigger the queue?
Unlikely.

Suppressor background checks are done ATF<>FBI (NICS). Complete when you get your email stamp. The 4473 you do when physically picking up your suppressor is NOT run as a BGC (the BGC was already done for you to get the OK to pick it up). The final 4473 is simply documentation of handover to you from FFL.

...is my understanding.

Now if you went down to certify your suppressor & received an "instant" (emailed you the stamp within a few moments/minutes), dunno if you would have to do another 4473 for same day pickup.

Firearms background checks (in Oregon) are done thru Oregon State Police & <>FBI (NICS). God knows what OSP did when they removed the second queue for CHL holders!

Unlikely multiple BGC's would cause a flip from "instant" to tied up in the queue. Shouldn't anyways. Have done multiples same day from several dealers in the past, back when there was the CHL queue. All instants.

Got a rifle last Thursday and was just told I could come get it today so it was close to a weeks wait. He said I was number 2500 in the Que. I wish it would go back to normal where wait was like 30 mins to an hour. I miss those days.

Another instant for me today, still have no idea how I got on that list, but i will take it! Queue is holding steady at around 2000, 4-5 day wait. The fact that it has been there for months now in my opinion as i mentioned prior is not a fluke- it has to be intentional- there is no way the number of people buying guns is magically keeping perfect pace with the number they can process. Oregon has just created an illegal 4 day 'waiting period', without passing any laws. Someone should take them to court, for reals.

I know i shouldn't be complaining, since I still somehow get instant approvals, but i feel for everyone put in the queue, that just SUCKS!!

Obligatory photo of my new 'pistol'- an extra screw you to the ATF- Zastava M92, with Davranov leather cheekrest and Wolverine suppressor:
IMG_6999.jpeg

1975 as of about 12:15 this afternoon. My FFL said they are clearing 250-400 a business day. Do they really only do checks Monday-Friday? Anyway, probably next week.
No, they run checks every day of the year except Thanksgiving and Christmas, I believe.

Of course, how many checks they run per day seems to shift up and down drastically throughout the year.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews