JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've definitely seen reviews that looked like shills. If there are only a few reviews, I pay particular attention. If there are 5000 reviews and they have 4.5 stars, I assume they couldn't fake that many positive reviews.
There is a way to fake that many positive reviews, there as a recent report put out that showed and explained how they do it.
I wonder what it is about Amazons review system that makes the sellers freak out?
The reason for it is that the more negative the reviews the lower on the list your item will be listed, so people have figured out how to game the system to get their stuff listed first even if it's new and should have no reviews.

There is a way to fake that many positive reviews, there as a recent report put out that showed and explained how they do it.

The reason for it is that the more negative the reviews the lower on the list your item will be listed, so people have figured out how to game the system to get their stuff listed first even if it's new and should have no reviews.
Huh, pretty lucrative business apparently.

ah... so the difference from other online reviews is those arent also marketing the product just a place for people to vent.
At Amazon, if you never show up on the search nobody will know to buy from you.
Brilliant Amazon, brilliant.

ah... so the difference from other online reviews is those arent also marketing the product just a place for people to vent.
Actually, I've had luck locating hard-to-find items by performing a site-specific search in Bing.com by specifying "site:amazon.com" after or before the search criteria (separate it with a space). Stuff that doesn't show up in Amazon search at all will show up in that search.

Actually, I've had luck locating hard-to-find items by performing a site-specific search in Bing.com by specifying "site:amazon.com" after or before the search criteria (separate it with a space). Stuff that doesn't show up in Amazon search at all will show up in that search.
Amazon also changes the items listed every time you add a search filter. It doesn't change the list in the way you think it should, test it out, I thought it was funny.
Items that I was looking for that matched all the filters would still disappear or the list will get really small for no reason.

Amazon also changes the items listed every time you add a search filter. It doesn't change the list in the way you think it should, test it out, I thought it was funny.
Items that I was looking for that matched all the filters would still disappear or the list will get really small for no reason.
It's less about what you're looking for and more about what they want you to buy.

It's less about what you're looking for and more about what they want you to buy.
Oh I know, and when they pull that BS on me, I go elsewhere to find what I want. Also a fun thing to look for with the ones that have like 100, 250 or more reviews, do a search for other products in the review list, I'm had some fun ones show up before i.e. I was looking for an ice maker and several of the reviews for a 4star and up were talking about clothes and electronics.

I believe it's in their contract, there's been talk of it in the news. I don't know who pays for shipping. Be aware that some sellers do not have a return policy,
One important thing to remember here. Pay the correct way and you are covered. I had exactly one time Amazon "tried" to refuse to help me and it was a long time ago. Some item showed up DOA. I tried to return. Amazon said sorry, this came from a 3d party. I tried to contact the seller, they ignored me. So I had the bank who issued the CC take the money back from Amazon. Things happened VERY fast then. Got a nice e-mail from Amazon saying did we do something to anger you? I told them you refused to help, your seller ignored me. Now I suddenly get a return label from Amazon and they credited my card the charge. That has never happened again. Shopping online? Pay with a CC and the bank who issued it will force the seller to do right by you.

Was looking at holsters on Amazon and whenever I clicked an IWB holster it gave me:

"This item cannot be shipped to your selected delivery location. Please choose a different delivery location."

Only for IWB holsters. OWB is normal. Has anyone else run into this on Amazon?
I have not read every reply. Are these Chinese holsters? If so, the "cannot be shipped" sounds like a rather horrible Chinglish transliteration of "out of stock." I have seen that phrase used before on Chinese goods.

Was looking at holsters on Amazon and whenever I clicked an IWB holster it gave me:

"This item cannot be shipped to your selected delivery location. Please choose a different delivery location."

Only for IWB holsters. OWB is normal. Has anyone else run into this on Amazon?
I don't have the corrupt Amazon account so NO I HAVE NEVER SEEN THIS MESSAGE

I shop on ebay no membership and they have all the same SH!T and free shipping

Ive never understood why anyone would want to buy gun stuff from Amazon (or Ebay ) instead of directly from the manufacturer.
Doesnt Amazon take a part of the profit from the mfg?
Free shipping. And occasionally something on Amazon TV.
I havent had that bad experiences with customer service directly.

How does Amazon make their retailers return things unconditionally? Does Amazon pay for the return shipping?
Amazon has various places you take returns.... https://mashable.com/article/amazon...etty flexible with,, Staples, or Amazon Store.
Kohls for one. One or two people standing at a podium to receive the return at Kohls.
I had an item I ordered that was not what I thought it would be. Don't remember why now, but I had to take it to major hub. That was easy because their is a massive hub up where the Portland Meadows race track used to be. I asked the guy what they do with everything. Not sure how true it was but he said they fill containers with he stuff and people bid on the containers.
The next day, the seller is all, "Please take down the review and I'll accept the return." in an email and a phone message. He was practically in a panic.
I replied, "Please accept the return and I'll change the review."
"But you only have 48 hours to change the review."
"Sounds like you'd best get on it then." :s0140:

Eff with me, willya? :mad:
Don't EF with Flopsweat...Got it!
So you are supposed to call for an employee to unlock it.
Well, when the Hane's under ware I buy is $38.00 +/- for 3-6 pair off the shelf at Kohls, and Target has a 9-pair pack at $19.95? I'll wait for staff to unlock the case.

Well, when the Hane's under ware I buy is $38.00 +/- for 3-6 pair off the shelf at Kohls, and Target has a 9-pair pack at $19.95? I'll wait for staff to unlock the case.
My normal way of handling that kind of stuff is pull out my phone, look up the item on Amazon. If Amazon has it at the same price next day delivery? I hit order and keep shopping for the stuff I do not have to wait for. This is what is KILLING so many stores here. Its becoming WAY too common here. People see something that they have to get staff to unlock. See they can get it to their door the next day for the same price and think I can wait till tomorrow. Especially as it often seems like the staff will not be their till then to unlock the damn stuff.
I am sure Jeff LOVES the rampant theft driving customers to him.

My normal way of handling that kind of stuff is pull out my phone, look up the item on Amazon. If Amazon has it at the same price next day delivery? I hit order and keep shopping for the stuff I do not have to wait for. This is what is KILLING so many stores here. Its becoming WAY too common here. People see something that they have to get staff to unlock. See they can get it to their door the next day for the same price and think I can wait till tomorrow. Especially as it often seems like the staff will not be their till then to unlock the damn stuff.
I am sure Jeff LOVES the rampant theft driving customers to him.
I feel ya'. I've gone to shopping a lot on Amazon. Kind of gave-up on going to stores looking for things if I don't already know they carry it. Too much time wasted too many times going to several stores for a $10.00+/- item and not finding it. This wasn't an issue before the rona, lawlessness and dimacrap control over the the state/country. Ah, and stores not being able to get workers with all the GEN-whatever's that don't know what "Work" is.

I feel ya'. I've gone to shopping a lot on Amazon. Kind of gave-up on going to stores looking for things if I don't already know they carry it. Too much time wasted too many times going to several stores for a $10.00+/- item and not finding it. This wasn't an issue before the rona, lawlessness and dimacrap control over the the state/country. Ah, and stores not being able to get workers with all the GEN-whatever's that don't know what "Work" is.
I even bought Amazon groceries when I was sick, but they had spotty quality control. I had one delivery with perishables in it that sat at my door for an hour because they never rang the bell and I left my phone in another room. No critters got to it but still.

I even bought Amazon groceries when I was sick, but they had spotty quality control. I had one delivery with perishables in it that sat at my door for an hour because they never rang the bell and I left my phone in another room. No critters got to it but still.
Several people I work with have been using that order on line and pull up, they bring it out. That is the one part I am leery of. Things like meat, produce, I am not sure I want to get home and then see what they picked out for me. The people who use it say its been great so one of these days I guess I will give it a shot. The Wally close to me offers this and now that they closed the self check the only way I am going to shop with them is getting stuff delivered.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews