JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have to go to waters without rattlesnakes. Never minded bears, wolves, and moose, but I hate snakes. So Fall River was always a favorite...
Only fished the hatchery once, but I did pull a nice 5lb redband out of the falls there. Always been a problem of access on that river for me.
I like the metolius for those reasons, but I also don't mind snakes too much.

You'd both hate what I used, size 18 blue copper john... i've caught a ton of big fish on that.
I'm just upset I let the salmonfly hatch at mecca flats pass me by this year.

I refuse to play in crowds, so I have never fished the salmonfly hatch...

Again, guiding in interior Alaska ruins you for crowds.

I don't do crowds anymore either, like..... Pre '96, Tillamook Bay, Oysterhouse. Guides had a big part in souring me to crowds too.

10559.jpg

I don't do crowds anymore either, like..... Pre '96, Tillamook Bay, Oysterhouse. Guides had a big part in souring me to crowds too.
Playin' chicken with the guides was part of the game.
Wayne Purdy was PITA if I recall.

For those that don't know, you are trolling and here comes a guide (or private) from the opposite direction.
He wants to go to your right.
GAME ON !

Playin' chicken with the guides was part of the game.
Wayne Purdy was PITA if I recall.

For those that don't know, you are trolling and here comes a guide (or private) from the opposite direction.
He wants to go to your right.
GAME ON !

I remember the Toman's trolling outside the pack, and catching fish! And One time on the incoming, sort of a very, slow, almost hover trolling. A guide had hooked a fish and moved out of the pack to land it. This was close to the ramp. I was lucky enough to be in a position to move into where that guide had hooked the fish. The guide came back and moved up from the back of my boat, (small 12'er/7.5 Eska). That bubblegum had the bow of that sled withing a couple feet of the cowling of my motor.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top