JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Lady told cop it was apartment 1401. Wrong apartment. Cop went there. Guy had gun in hand pointing (in relaxed posture and relaxed body language) at ground when opened door. Skip to 3:30ish mark.

@WillametteWill looking forward to any comments you have on this one. I have my non-Leo perspective (seems to me like cop could have pointed gun at him and gave him commands to drop the gun etc) but don't know what it's like being a cop in that situation. Seems like cop saw a gun and freaked.

View: https://youtu.be/xneXZ6MnG84?si=301iI6cQZpeeDSue

Last Edited:
Around here we do get people going to the door pretending to be PGE, occasionally cops. Usually they are in small group when they do it but not always.

At 2.18 says it all - AND will be their 'escape clause' to get out of this...

'Mr Forstson's comments indicate that he, did acknowledge it was law enforcement at he door, and he arrived at the door with a firearm in his hand'

Last Edited:
Um...it's daytime. You got a guy banging on your door, yelling he's from the Sheriff's dept.

Now...maybe he's a home invader...because that happens and they sometimes claim to be cops. But it could also be...ya know..really the cops. And if it is really the cops, what do you think is going to happen if you answer the door with a gun in your hands?

If you have doubts, don't open the door, and call the police and ask them to confirm that they have officers at your house. But for Eff's sake don't open the damn door with a gun in your hand. Because that's how you end up getting shot. :rolleyes:

I often go to my door with a pistol in my hand especially at night or early morning hours. Gives one something to consider. Never knew simply having a firearm was enough to get shot for.

I never answer the door, I just release the hounds. If I had them that is. Which I don't. So yeah, maybe I'll just paint all the tips of my gats red, that should work…..
Same here never answer the door for anyone. They can leave a note. Few days ago we had someone come right past no trespassing signs. Had hat on super low and looked away from ring camera. I didn't bother to set off the camera alarm or use intercom but could have said you are tresspassing and turn on alarm. I think a lot of these they are trying to see if you're home. Dog gave him holy hell barking ha ha. Camera with intercom means you never have to open the door even for cops (if you were inclined to talk to the person at all I mean).

I'll probably catch some heat for this but, US Airman or not, Officer Identified himself and jackass moron answers door with gun in hand! Hard for me to have sympathy for individual. Sad all around!:(

I did notice the door only had a knocker but no peep hole.

I can't imagine how stressful it would be to be LE. At the same time if we have the right to bear firearms--and especially for self and home defense purposes--it seems like police shouldn't be shooting people who are simply holding a firearm not being pointed in a threatening manner, in the absence of other knowledge that might be supplied by a warrant, for example, noise that suggests violence occurring in the home or appearing at the home of a known criminal. The problem is that the presumption of innocence that the government is supposed to afford people has been ignored.

This dynamic is why I think I'd be hesitant to be a good guy with a gun trying to stop a bad guy with a gun in a public setting unless I had no other option to protect myself.

Definitely a no win situation in this instance.
However. I have seen footage of departments who are doing things right, and those documented incidents provide a stark contrast to what was recorded here. Backup , and " slowing things down " are both noticeably absent here.

I have a problem with this. Looks like the police did very little, due diligence and made too many mistakes. I have zero law enforcement experience but, he arrived with a lot of energy but zero sense of checking his own surroundings for safety. Then fell apart when he had felt challenged.

The cop had time to do a lot but decided to charge in blindly a kill someone.

I can't imagine how stressful it would be to be LE. At the same time if we have the right to bear firearms--and especially for self and home defense purposes--it seems like police shouldn't be shooting people who are simply holding a firearm not being pointed in a threatening manner, in the absence of other knowledge that might be supplied by a warrant, for example, noise that suggests violence occurring in the home or appearing at the home of a known criminal. The problem is that the presumption of innocence that the government is supposed to afford people has been ignored.

This dynamic is why I think I'd be hesitant to be a good guy with a gun trying to stop a bad guy with a gun in a public setting unless I had no other option to protect myself.
I was thinking about hypothetical situation of moving towards a mass shooter the other day. Cops often arrive in 3 min in non-Portland/normal places and there's a decent chance they mistake you for the shooter if they see you running around with a gun.

My conclusion was that if you had a quick deploy sling pack (opens with a single pull and very fast to deploy gun) you could have the gun on your body but not visible until you needed it. If it was slow to deploy it wouldn't work very well but some packs such as the 5:11 select carry it doesn't take much longer than drawing from a holster to deploy. .223 or 300 BLK pistol with 10.5-12.5" barrel fits easily in it as long as it has a folding stock. 12.5" .308 pistol is too big for it. Of course any PCC subguns will fit also.

Energy levels of some randomly chosen subguns/small guns. The lines are 5.56 and 300BLk (blue).

5AB77722-FDBB-4F86-889E-0AB19B23DA25.jpeg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews