JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I got some Olights, I really like them

20220426_162957.jpg

I just picked up the Odin Mini for my SBR. My only complaint is that it's a proprietary battery that is rechargeable via USB only, so basically you need to have it plugged in with a trickle charge running.

signal-2022-05-07-13-37-15-687.jpg

I like them, for some uncanny reason I want one of their huge spotlight type flashlights. I like weird guns and bright flashlights. My Olights made me a popular person last time we were spending some time in the central Oregon caves.

Me! I have too many by the way. I need to get rid of some so might be getting rid of some in the near future. Mine have been reliable and my experience with customer service has been second to none (I put different batteries in a few of their flashlights to test how much they could handle).

At their 15 year sale I bought 2 weapon lights and got some "free" mini flashlights included. I have not got around to mounting them on pistols yet, but I am currently using a mini flashlight.

Who makes holsters for pistols with olights?

I just picked up the Odin Mini for my SBR. My only complaint is that it's a proprietary battery that is rechargeable via USB only, so basically you need to have it plugged in with a trickle charge running.

View attachment 1196489
What is that in the bottom of your grip? Link?

As to the OP, no thanks. I'll stick with Modlite and/or Cloud Defensive, even Surefire is getting the hind tit these days. The Olight charging setup is a deal breaker for me, I required being able throw in another set of batteries to bring them back into service ASAP. Not a fan of their magnet deal either

Not sure I am a fan - yet.

I like some of their stuff and I have some of it, flashlights of various sizes, and WMLs (with friggin' lasers).

I like some of the design, prices and features, but have found that their quality control varies a bit too much. One WML is just fine, the next has a switch that is too stiff. Same kind of things with flashlights and other lighting products. I got one flashlight that was DOA.

I just bought an Olight Baldr Pro R for use with a Glock 20 10mm.

Any holster recommendations? Other than home defense it will mostly be carried while hiking / jogging / running in bear and cougar country.

But also interested in OWB and IWB with and without the light.

Stock. Iron sights, etc.

Cheers,
Michael

I just bought an Olight Baldr Pro R for use with a Glock 20 10mm.

Any holster recommendations? Other than home defense it will mostly be carried while hiking / jogging / running in bear and cougar country.

But also interested in OWB and IWB with and without the light.

Stock. Iron sights, etc.

Cheers,
Michael
Holster consideration always plays into the deciding factor of what I purchase. I don't want to be stuck with just one or two guys crappy holsters

Do you have an optic?

Safariland ALS (or SLS, ALS/SLS in so inclined) for overt w/ or w/o light and optic.
Kramer #3 for CCW w/o light/optic

Picked up a PL-Mini for my G23. It seems great, I really like the recharging connection. Got a 'freebie' mini light which my dear wife promptly confiscated. People bag on them, but so far, so good. Time will tell. I think they're fine for the price....but my primary 'what the f was that' pistol (G17) has a Streamlight TLR2 on it.

I like them, for some uncanny reason I want one of their huge spotlight type flashlights. I like weird guns and bright flashlights. My Olights made me a popular person last time we were spending some time in the central Oregon caves.
For a big light, I didn't like the fact that they seem to only use their own sealed battery pack. Bought one of these, and for the price I think they're hard to beat:

[h3][/h3]

What is that in the bottom of your grip? Link?

As to the OP, no thanks. I'll stick with Modlite and/or Cloud Defensive, even Surefire is getting the hind tit these days. The Olight charging setup is a deal breaker for me, I required being able throw in another set of batteries to bring them back into service ASAP. Not a fan of their magnet deal either
It's just a TangoDown grip wrapped in G00N tape.

Take a closer look at the battery and meter the ends. I own a half dozen of their lights but they are a little over priced for handhelds so I've switched over to Emisars. I'm still okay with the Olight weapon lights for now. That said, I've not found an Olight battery which I couldn't easily replace with a conventional model/design...though you may lose out on the fancy magnetic charger in the process. Even with their proprietary design cells, I could still find a way to charge it in my conventional, stand alone battery charger. I used to be quite pissed at the design until I realized I could do a workaround, thus making fast swap outs.

This is an example of the 21700 battery and the easy mod which allows me to use a less expensive conventional 21700 as a back up vs the $30 Olight model

21700a.jpg 21700b.jpg

At their 15 year sale I bought 2 weapon lights and got some "free" mini flashlights included. I have not got around to mounting them on pistols yet, but I am currently using a mini flashlight.

Who makes holsters for pistols with olights?
Look for a local company that makes Kydex holsters from scratch. Take in your pistola w/ the light attached and they'll do it in no time. I moved to Texas and On Your Six holsters is across town. Took in my 92X w/ a mini and they had it out 2-3 hours later. There are people in the PDX area who do it I am sure. Call LGS's and ask.

They're fine for the sale prices. I'm not LE or a prepper so for urban home/street defense they're more than adequate.

About the go boom story, apparently it was an older model that had li batteries placed in-line instead of their side-by-side configuration. That's happened with streamlights and surefires too, but typically it's when the batteries in-line have dramatically different levels of charge which creates heat once the less charged one dies. At least that's what the internet said.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top