JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My wife and I watched the 2018 Netflix movie How It Ends last night.

It was a pretty good SHTF movie that held her interest even though Theo James is no Chris Pine.

The movie explored the morality of the different characters in a survival situation without shoving woke politics in your face. It also explained to her in two hours why I carry what I do on body and in our cars.

Last Edited:
Saw a brief snippet of the recent PBS film of geological archaeologists/whatever title who are comparing the N end of San Andreas fault with the S end of the Cascade plate. Various technical studies seem to correlate the physical fines of related layers of dirt with a closely correlated date of occurances over 4000 years. I didn't realize how few miles apart these features really are.

A large Cascadia event is always likely but it will most likely occur very far and deep in the ocean offshore and it won't affect us. But you know how Oregon
media likes to hype "The Big One" 🤦🏼‍♂️

Last Edited:
On the other hand, coastal studies over last 20 years is formulating an ever more coherent demonstration of occurrence & severities of smaller events intermingled with regular larger jiggles.

For quite some time, the Pacific rim has been very active. Maybe just keeping itself loose. That could be a good thing. But when it can't keep up with minor adjustments, a little heavier adjusting may be in order. At least that's all I hope it is.:s0153:

View attachment 1332824
With all the depraved who went to hell, compliments of Covid, the fires are burning hotter. Hence, there is more movement and shifting of the flotsam on the surface. :D

Epicentered in Ferndale, CA.

A member on another forum I am a member of lives in Ferndale and she said it was the scariest thing in her life!
Even after watching what happened in our country in the last three years? Maybe she needs a trip to the Southern boarder?

At a quick glance, this quake was a little too far North for the slide into the ocean some have been hoping for?

Epicentered in Ferndale, CA.

A member on another forum I am a member of lives in Ferndale and she said it was the scariest thing in her life!
Even after watching what happened in our country in the last three years? Maybe she needs a trip to the Southern boarder?

At a quick glance, this quake was a little too far North for the slide into the ocean some have been hoping for?
Rioting, political and social upheaval are easier to rationalize than your whole house shaking like it was a tent in the wind.

While I don't wish massive earthquakes on anyone I am curious to see if earthquake prediction technology is improving.
People near the Nor Cal. epicenter a few weeks ago got alerts 7 seconds prior to feeling anything. Not alot of time to kiss your a$$ goodbye IMO.

People near the Nor Cal. epicenter a few weeks ago got alerts 7 seconds prior to feeling anything. Not alot of time to kiss your a$$ goodbye IMO.
You don't need to kiss your bubblegum goodbye, you just need to get under a table or some other cover, which anyone who isn't disabled should be able to do in under 5 seconds. Additionally, if this prediction model works people can stage emergency supplies in a safe(r) place in the time before the predicted event.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top