JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think he is wrong about recievers. You can build many weapons from such a receiver that are not semi auto and nothing like an ar15. A reciever is a part of an ar15. A stripped lower Fe can be a part for many different guns just like a trigger, barrel etc. at least he is not arguing "you can't order anything" like many of the manufacturers are doing, so that's good.
While I can't stand the guy, he is not wrong about receivers.

No one who voted to pass that law knows about Uintah precision. So, in that frame, an AR receiver is made for nothing else than building a new AR. A new semiautomatice assault weapon. Or assault rilfe or whatever phrase they use. So bounce that off the constructive possession claise blah blah and… receivers are de facto banned.

But that just goes to ARs. Apparenlty Mr. Kirk is so into guns he thinks any rifle can be assembled from a lower receiver. Good thing I stocked up on AK lowers before the ban. Guess I better get some more Remington 700 lowers too, before the next ban, which will of course ban "sniper rifles."

Last Edited:
It means when folks here say things like "i am old and got mah shiz, sorry yer screwed whippersnappers" they get accused of being fudds - someone who maybe hunts and has some basic firearms but does not really care about the second smendment.

The people doing the accusing are considered to have such profoundly dangerous thoughts by the New World Communist Order that they will be put in traincars at any moment. And their secret agent decoder rings will be destoyed. And no stories at bedtime, just lights out.
I just went back and found this response
been shooting and collecting firearms since 1966
have gone through Assault Rifles bans time and time again and worked around each one, so I must not care about the 2nd amendment?
found a place in Washington state where i can live, where LEO don't care about enforcing 1240, so I must not care about the 2nd amendment?
finding ways to work around 1240, so it doesn't affect my lifestyle or ability to built ARs means I don't care about the 2nd amendment?
do some firearm owners actually think that or are you just yanking my chain because I'm old?

Most peripheral parts like mounts are fine. Brownells will still ship a bolt, but not a BGC, and will ship a fixed stock, but not a collapsible one. If I did not have a whole whack of extra bolts I'd be getting some pronto.

Most peripheral parts like mounts are fine. Brownells will still ship a bolt, but not a BGC, and will ship a fixed stock, but not a collapsible one. If I did not have a whole whack of extra bolts I'd be getting some pronto.

I just went back and found this response
been shooting and collecting firearms since 1966
have gone through Assault Rifles bans time and time again and worked around each one, so I must not care about the 2nd amendment?
found a place in Washington state where i can live, where LEO don't care about enforcing 1240, so I must not care about the 2nd amendment?
finding ways to work around 1240, so it doesn't affect my lifestyle or ability to built ARs means I don't care about the 2nd amendment?
do some firearm owners actually think that or are you just yanking my chain because I'm old?
OK, can an Washington resident go down to Oregon and buy a part for their AR that is banned in Washington?
I haven't tried it yet, but I want a Midwest free float hand guard to upgrade an old AR build
Optics Planet turned down my order

OK, can an Washington resident go down to Oregon and buy a part for their AR that is banned in Washington?
I haven't tried it yet, but I want a Midwest free float hand guard to upgrade an old AR build
Optics Planet turned down my order
you should not post that on the internet

OpticsPlanet jerked me around for a month and finally canceled all but one item on my 1911 parts order, then shipped that one thing AFTER I told them to cancel it too.

They can suck cat pizz.

you should not post that on the internet
He is looking for a part for something that the state already considers a grandfathered assault weapon. Not against the current WA law in my opinion. Or superhero 2a lawyer Bill Kirk's from what I understand.

But yes given the level of understanding most have of the law, probably best not to post that publicly. Like, don't say nothin' about F all. Some tard might panic And call the po-lice, uh huh.

He is looking for a part for something that the state already considers a grandfathered assault weapon. Not against the current WA law in my opinion. Or superhero 2a lawyer Bill Kirk's from what I understand.

But yes given the level of understanding most have of the law, probably best not to post that publicly. Like, don't say nothin' about F all. Some tard might panic And call the po-lice, uh huh.
OK - someone is going to notify the Washington state police and they will stop me at the bridge as I come over from Oregon and check my Subaru to insure I don't have any banned parts in my car?
REALLY?
Who stops an old man in a Subaru to check for AR parts?

I've read SB1240
I didn't see any provision for Washington State Police or Clark Co Sheriffs to get a warrant to come out to my remote property to check if I have any part purchased AFTER the bill was passed for my ARs
my ARs date back to 1989
do you really believe any Washington Law Enforcement is going to come out here to harass me?

OK - someone is going to notify the Washington state police and they will stop me at the bridge as I come over from Oregon and check my Subaru to insure I don't have any banned parts in my car?
REALLY?

I've read SB1240
I didn't see any provision for Washington State Police or Clark Co Sheriffs to get a warrant to come out to my remote property to check if I have any part purchased AFTER the bill was passed for my ARs
my ARs date back to 1989
do you really believe any Washington Law Enforcement is going to come out here to harass me?
Yeah they are ttotally going to look up your butt at the border. With great vengeance and furious anger.

Yeah they are ttotally going to look up your butt at the border. With great vengeance and furious anger.

my wife and I traveled to California several years ago to visit friends on private property for a party and private shoot
I took several AR and an AK47 banned in California in the back of my Subaru
even California didn't check us at their border - only asked if I had banned Veggies, not firearms

REALLY?

I've read SB1240
my ARs date back to 1989
its called interstate trafficking in regulated ar15 contraband , give Ze man your papers, bend over and smile.
i mean for the sake of the site, dont post your intent on traveling out of state to buy things that are regulated within your state, especially if you drive a Subaru.

its called interstate trafficking in regulated ar15 contraband , give Ze man your papers, bend over and smile.
i mean for the sake of the site, dont post your intent on traveling out of state to buy things that are regulated within your state, especially if you drive a Subaru.
do you understand what Liberal Camo is?
73 years old with a long beard
driving a Subaru Outback
wearing an LL Bean sweater with a Dorfman brim hat and Birkenstocks
WHO is going to pull my over!?!?!?!?
I can walk safely through Portland dressed like this!!
just another aging Hipster

REALLY?

I've read SB1240
my ARs date back to 1989
Better watch it, if Ole Turd Ferguson gets wind of it he'll sue you… There are spies on this very site.

Better watch it, if Ole Turd Ferguson gets wind of it he'll sue you… There are spies on this very site.
LOLLL
OK, I'll honor your request for the sake of this site
I have been through gun and gun parts bans for 34 years in 3 states
never stooped me from building and shooting my ARs
but if you request, I'll no longer post my endeavors with my ARs on this site

so - why does this site have a post for those to show photos of their AR builds and AKs?

LOLLL
OK, I'll honor your request for the sake of this site
I have been through gun and gun parts bans for 34 years in 3 states
never stooped me from building and shooting my ARs
but if you request, I'll no longer post my endeavors with my ARs on this site

so - why does this site have a post for those to show photos of their AR builds and AKs?
Just lookin out for the membership here.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top