JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
17, 19, 23, 22 Gen 3 or 4 doesn't really matter to me. Seems Glock did put a little more thought into the Gen 4 guide rod and spring set but it's still 50/50 for me.

I think most people would agree it's a toss up between gen3 and gen5. Gen3 is proven with the awesome aftermarket parts availability vs. gen5 with some nice but not mandatory improvements that you pay a little more for. The finger grooves were the biggest turn off for most people on the gen4, but some people love it. Glock almost made the same mistake with the magwell moon cut on the early gen5 but corrected it. One of my 19's has the moon cut. It doesn't seem to have an impact on my accuracy, but is annoying. Glock has earned such a trusted reputation because there has never been a bad generation. The best one is probably the one that fits best in your hand. For most it's the gen3 or 5.

G48, it's a G19 in skinny jeans. ;) :D
I for one don't understand why the g48 doesn't get more love. It really is the g19 on a diet, thinks it is a 1911 and fits my had like a glove. It's both my favorite 9mm Glock to conceal and shoot. If carrying AWB or OWB the shorter slide on the 43x makes since but for IWB it doesn't make a difference. Personally, I think the 19x/45 and the 43x just look strange with the long grip and short slide. Then again, I can't stand wiener dogs either :D.

Last Edited:
I think most people would agree it's a toss up between gen3 and gen5. Gen3 is proven with the awesome aftermarket parts availability vs. gen5 with some nice but not mandatory improvements that you pay a little more for. The finger grooves were the biggest turn of for most people on the gen, but some people love it. Glock almost made the same mistake with the magwell moon cut on the early gen5 but corrected it. One of my 19's has the moon cut. It doesn't seem to have an impact on my accuracy, but is annoying. Glock has earned such a trusted reputation because there has never been a bad generation. The best one is probably the one that fits best in your hand. For most it's the gen3 or 5.

I for one don't understand why the g48 doesn't get more love. It really is the g19 on a diet, thinks it is a 1911 and fits my had like a glove. It's both my favorite 9mm Glock to conceal and shoot. If carrying AWB or OWB the shorter slide on the 43x makes since but for IWB it doesn't make a difference. Personally, I think the 19x/45 and the 43x just look strange with the long grip and short slide. Then again, I can't stand wiener dogs either :D.
Glock 48 and Glock 45 are by far my favorite Glocks I have shot to date. Both rotate as my carry gun.

I think most people would agree it's a toss up between gen3 and gen5. Gen3 is proven with the awesome aftermarket parts availability vs. gen5 with some nice but not mandatory improvements that you pay a little more for. The finger grooves were the biggest turn off for most people on the gen4, but some people love it. Glock almost made the same mistake with the magwell moon cut on the early gen5 but corrected it. One of my 19's has the moon cut. It doesn't seem to have an impact on my accuracy, but is annoying. Glock has earned such a trusted reputation because there has never been a bad generation. The best one is probably the one that fits best in your hand. For most it's the gen3 or 5.

The G48 is a great EDC, my daily. :)

Glock 48 and Glock 45 are by far my favorite Glocks I have shot to date. Both rotate as my carry gun.
The G48 is a great EDC, my daily. :)
Glad to hear I'm not alone on the G48. I read somewhere that Glock sells 3 times as many G43x as G48. I'm not sure if that's true but it also seems to be the case in my circle of friends.

I Finally gave in and picked up a 365xl. It's great but I'm still carrying the G48. It's so comfortable to conceal I can even sleep with it IWB while camping. Of course, a good holster has a lot to do with that too. I find the longer slide on the G48 below my belt helps keep the grip and parts of the gun above my belt tight against my body vs. the shorter slides on the 365xl and 43x.

Glad to hear I'm not alone on the G48. I read somewhere that Glock sells 3 times as many G43x as G48. I'm not sure if that's true but it also seems to be the case in my circle of friends.

I Finally gave in and picked up a 365xl. It's great but I'm still carrying the G48. It's so comfortable to conceal I can even sleep with it IWB while camping. Of course, a good holster has a lot to do with that too. I find the longer slide on the G48 below my belt helps keep the grip and parts of the gun above my belt tight against my body vs. the shorter slides on the 365xl and 43x.
I agree. No gun is more comfortable to carry than the 48. Period. I drive 8-10 hours a day for work. Loading and unloading trucks. And I can barely even notice that I am carrying. Plus with the shield arms 15 round mags there is no reason not to carry it. My wife has the 43x. I prefer the 48 to the 43x by a long shot.

Am I the only one who hates the front slide serrations on the new Gen 5 19s? I'll never end up owning a Gen 5 19 because I either have to choose between the earlier ones with no front serrations, but the annoying magwell cutout, or the newer ones with the fixed magwell, but ugly front serrations. I guess I'll just stick with my Gen 3s 🤷‍♂️

Am I the only one who hates the front slide serrations on the new Gen 5 19s? I'll never end up owning a Gen 5 19 because I either have to choose between the earlier ones with no front serrations, but the annoying magwell cutout, or the newer ones with the fixed magwell, but ugly front serrations. I guess I'll just stick with my Gen 3s 🤷‍♂️
I can take or leave the front seriations. They don't bother me but I don't need them either. I'm not cool enough to do press checks.

All you have to do is buy an older gen5 without the slide seriations and a newer one without the mooncut frame. I am surprised Glock went with the mooncut on the 19. I get their reasoning but you would have think they would have learned to not screw up the grip after the gen4's. I don't know anybody who likes the mooncut. I've thought about putting one of those flared magwell adapters that covers the moon cut on mine, but I'm pretty sure it would print like crazy and I don't want to spend $100 to find out. I haven't seen anything that covers the mooncut without flaring the magwell.

Generation 3.

We have owned and liked Glock 19s very much but we no longer own or shoot any 9mm pistols.

My first firearm, a Glock, in the late 90's was a Generation 3 too.

My husband's Glock 45acp pistol is a Generation 3 too.

All of them were bought NIB and shot well from the gitgo. NO issues whatsoever.

Cate
What do y'all shoot these days?

2 gen3 19
1 gen3 17
1 gen3 34

1 gen5 17mos
1 gen5 43x
1 gen5 48

I like the Gen 3 guns because I like the finger grooves as they fit my hand and I like the single slide spring over the duel spring in the gen4 and gen5.

I got the gen5 17 because of the MOS cut out and plates to run a red dot but to me it has a different feel of grip and yes it just may be the lack of finger grooves that I really do not like. It shoots great just does not feel right.

If they made a gen 3 with the MOS system I would buy several because I like the plate option over a brand specific cut out.

What do y'all shoot these days?
My husband shoots a Glock 45acp pistol - Generation 3, he just ordered a NIB Glock in .380 this week, he shoots Beretta 22lr pistols and the NIB Ruger Wrangler that I gifted him the money for Christmas.

I no longer own, shoot or carry handguns due to some of my physical issues and old age. I do shoot CZ Lux 457 rifles in 22lr and 22wmr. I own 2 rifles.

(I shoot a couple of HIS 22lr rifles sometimes but rarely. I gifted him my other CZ rifle. I shot a few of his rifles the last time that I was out with him.)

He shoots several 22lr rifles and one 22wmr rifle. We do have a couple of matching rifles too.

He shoots and hunts with several CF rifles even though he scaled down in MANY of his firearms as I did and consolidated MANY of his firearm calibers.

30-30

30-06

45-70

He still reloads as he has since the early 70's too. He reloads for the above rifles and for his 45acp pistol.

But he may cut back a wee bit on some reloading again too.

He will not reload for his NIB Glock 42 that is on special order from our dealer. He bought some ammunition for that pistol so that it is 'ready to go'. He picked up that ammunition on Tuesday after his walk.

He wanted this smaller Glock 42 on and off and I told him to ORDER IT from our favorite FFL man. Thank you B.!

Take care!

Cate

Last Edited:
Which Gen Glock 19 do y'all shoot and why. I just researching about the Glock 19 and have found, that the Gen4 is now LE only. And I've also that the Gen3 is probably one of thy most popular 19's. So is you could pick one generation of the Glock 19 which would it be and why. Also any thoughts on the Glock 19M I just saw one the other day for the first time ever. Just been trying to educate myself on the 19 have thought about picking one up. Thank you.
I don't shoot 19 but have a 34. I chose to buy gen3 due to massive availability of aftermarket stuff.

Fe I was surprised silencerco had a threaded barrel for $120ish for it. I bought some braces just to try them out/giggles and all of them were inexpensive and easy to find for gen3.

697DA75D-34B8-4CB3-951E-5458D76D7AA9.jpeg
841861EB-3308-4F0F-9734-55384BAB3FAF.jpeg
9A3A7C40-CB0A-41AE-B371-EDD9F132C2F7.jpeg
026DD2C3-70B5-4F7A-8369-5CBDE7251110.jpeg
18B99EE5-64ED-41B6-895C-923A46A7D114.jpeg

I prefer Gen 7. G19.
They replaced the finger grooves. Got rid of the back straps, that nobody uses. Went back to the low snag mag release. Went back to polygonal rifling. It's kinda like a Gen 4. But now it's newer, and cooler.

I prefer Gen 7. G19.
They replaced the finger grooves. Got rid of the back straps, that nobody uses. Went back to the low snag mag release. Went back to polygonal rifling. It's kinda like a Gen 4. But now it's newer, and cooler.
I'm sure you must mean the Gen 6. Gen 7's aren't scheduled to be released until 2038.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads