JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Careful with those passes, people are super judgmental! I had spinal surgery with my cancer diagnosis and temporarily had one. Me, being younger than most old farts, I got dirty looks, shaking heads, and occasional comments. F all those old dudes who think they know it all, they were walking fine and I was actually f'd up.
Yup, have seen that. I don't look near as old as I feel these days, so I sometimes get those looks when I pull into a HC parking space. Put the placard on the rearview mirror and suddenly their attitude seems to soften a bit...

Who decided that was a good idea?

1714237043510.jpeg

BTW: What ever happen to Baja Fresh in Sherwood. Few times we went there they were half day open. The last time, they were close on regular days and said looking for a worker. I hope they're not boarded up? :s0158:

Careful with those passes, people are super judgmental! I had spinal surgery with my cancer diagnosis and temporarily had one. Me, being younger than most old farts, I got dirty looks, shaking heads, and occasional comments. F all those old dudes who think they know it all, they were walking fine and I was actually f'd up.
I was 24 when I had my back surgery. They gave me a temporary cripple tag as well. I rarely used it unless pretty much all the spots were open, I preferred to save them or the elderly who really needed it.

I do remember getting some judging, displeased looks like I was using my grandpas placard. I got around mostly fine, it was getting in and out of the Jeep that was the hard part, having some extra space helped with that over some dimwad parking 6 inches from you.

I have a colleague that works in Bothell. WA and he ordered a McDonald's Big Mac meal. He showed the receipt and it was almost $13.00 now.

I have a colleague that works in Bothell. WA and he ordered a McDonald's Big Mac meal. He showed the receipt and it was almost $13.00 now.
He forgot the part where the LARGE order of fries was only 2/3ds filled, for that money! That what frosts MY peanuts! The large order of Mcd's fries is just short of $4.00! That's why we don't go there except on days you can get a deal on fries using the mobile app.

That is total BS that he would just up and close without notifying his patients ahead of time...
Yeah - I thought so - especially since I had an appt on Wed. and the notice he put on his clinic door was dated that Monday. It takes me 45 minutes to drive into his office, I get there and it is closed. An email or text would have sufficed. I have not heard anything since either and it has been over a month.

Yeah - I thought so - especially since I had an appt on Wed. and the notice he put on his clinic door was dated that Monday. It takes me 45 minutes to drive into his office, I get there and it is closed. An email or text would have sufficed. I have not heard anything since either and it has been over a month.
I guess he did not have one of those robo-services that calls you a day or two ahead of your appointments, to remind you of them?

I work 47.5 hours a week (6) days and I can't afford to eat at a fast food joint. I refuse to pay that much for fast food anyway, and the food is crap nowadays.

I guess he did not have one of those robo-services that calls you a day or two ahead of your appointments, to remind you of them?
Actually, he has one that sends a SMS text, and I got one:

Xxxxxx, your appt is Wednesday at 02:15 PM at Tree City Chiropractic. Call 503-692-6568 if you need to reschedule! DO NOT REPLY
reply to [email protected]

They sometimes call too - but it isn't automatic - and I often miss the call. But I go anyway. Since I got the text message I thought everything was fine.

Oh no, you gotta cruise the lot until you see someone pop the trunk, then sit there and block traffic with your turn signal on while they load the groceries.
Saw someone do it at the Credit Union this morning, car trapped behind idiot had me blocked from backing out of my spot. Is why I prefer to go straight to the woods for recreation, I picked all five of my friends that will be there tomorrow. No parking issues and we will see nobody on the trails we are clearing. Man, I'm getting old and crotchety.

Yeah - silly stuff like that would probably be a deal breaker for me too. I try to find a spot closer (my back can really act up when walking, especially after walking around inside Costco or Winco for 30-60 minutes, then standing in line). But I don't go down every line in the parking lot - I scan the lot quickly for an open spot - sometimes I am lucky sometimes not.
For you, I would ask your Doc if they will give you one of the Disabled Cards. Seems every lot now has a LOT of those spots and the fine now for using one without the card is high enough they stay empty. When one family member who was living with us for Hospice we had a card for them. I had enough integrity that I only popped it on the mirror if I had them in the vehicle with me taking them to the store. Those spots are NICE for those who need them.

Try my mother who insists on driving in circles through the parking lot waiting for "THE spot" to open despite her not going in and me having a pace where if she' just STOP THE DAMNED CAR AND LET ME GET OUT, I could be in the door and halfway through the shopping list by the time she finishes dithering, blithering and jilling off.
With my Wife I used to call this going into a holding pattern, and I got out. She got MAD a few times but she has finally stopped doing it at least when I am with her. :D

For you, I would ask your Doc if they will give you one of the Disabled Cards. Seems every lot now has a LOT of those spots and the fine now for using one without the card is high enough they stay empty. When one family member who was living with us for Hospice we had a card for them. I had enough integrity that I only popped it on the mirror if I had them in the vehicle with me taking them to the store. Those spots are NICE for those who need them.
I am okay most of the time.

Today I took my cane with me to the car show, because I knew I would be walking a lot looking at all the vehicles. I didn't need it at first, but by the time I was done, I was glad I had it to return to my car a couple blocks away.

OTOH - sometimes I need it just to walk around the house - but those days are rare.

With my Wife I used to call this going into a holding pattern, and I got out. She got MAD a few times but she has finally stopped doing it at least when I am with her. :D
If I let my wife drive I'd have jumped out within ten blocks from the house!

A couple of years ago I asked the doc for the the "Old Man" card. Though at Costco it seems those spots are all taken 20 minutes before they open. We've found that going at 2:30ish in the afternoon is a fine time to go. Not on weekends of course. And the O-F spots are never open it seems. I wont use those spots if there's only one left and/or the business is busy. I can get in and out with minimal issues generally. Costco does a good job moving people through the best they can. The self checkouts are the only way we do them, and though the lines may be kind of long it's not terrible. And the people overseeing self checkout do a good job.

If I let my wife drive I'd have jumped out within ten blocks from the house!

A couple of years ago I asked the doc for the the "Old Man" card. Though at Costco it seems those spots are all taken 20 minutes before they open. We've found that going at 2:30ish in the afternoon is a fine time to go. Not on weekends of course. And the O-F spots are never open it seems. I wont use those spots if there's only one left and/or the business is busy. I can get in and out with minimal issues generally. Costco does a good job moving people through the best they can. The self checkouts are the only way we do them, and though the lines may be kind of long it's not terrible. And the people overseeing self checkout do a good job.
The Roseburg Costco is busy on the weekends, but you can walk up to the register on most afternoons. If it weren't for the fifteen minute drive across town, it's a pretty quick in and out. It's nowhere near as busy as other Costco's,

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top