JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

1911 or Glock

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I love the 2011s but with the price point I can't bring myself to carry that expensive of a gun. Knowing that if I am forced to use it in Oregon it will get locked away in an evidence locker for forever and I'm out a decent chunk of change.

However I will get a Triarc Tri11 someday.

We call those...50/10/50's!

At 50ft, they are looking pretty hot! Then when you see 'em at 10ft, you are wishing they were back at 50ft!

My daddy says, that's why they invented the paper sack so, I really never cared!
Hot from far. Far from hot.

I love the 2011s but with the price point I can't bring myself to carry that expensive of a gun. Knowing that if I am forced to use it in Oregon it will get locked away in an evidence locker for forever and I'm out a decent chunk of change.

However I will get a Triarc Tri11 someday.
Yeah if I have to use a 2011 defensively it will be expensive to replace,however it is still better than being dead and if I can I'd rather use what I can shoot best.

The reason there are so many video's and memes about Glock VS 1911 is there are so many DIE HARD 1911 fan boys, like me :D
Shot first 1911 before I was old enough to start school. Hands down favorite toy guns growing up, 1911's. First time I got to shoot a Glock was when the 17 was "new". First time I got to handle one first thing I thought is damn this is UGLY. Was impressive though. 18 rounds on tap and the pistol that had just left a shop was not even cleaned, just check, loaded, and away we went. Of course it just worked. By that time I had had my hands on many 1911's both new and used that did not just take off until I did some "tweaking". This was before they also stiffened up the trigger since people started having "oops" too often.
Now days I know there are designs that are FAR better than my 1911's. Still I suspect I will go to my final rest still carrying a 1911. House catches fire first gun I am going to save is one 1911. As to why? Don't really have a good answer. I do enjoy the back and forth with some Glock owners when its all in fun.

"19 is as small as I go." Spot on. No little mouse guns.

I like the fact that Clint is honest…. No matter how you feel. I love Glocks and 1911s.
Eh, idk. I get what your saying. But there's still a time and a place for smaller pistols for deep carry or for extremely small framed people.
Summer sucks trying to hide full size stuff. If I could, I'd just conceal my full size g20/21 but that aint gunna happen. Not with my aspiring beer belly (it's a hard six rack too!) Not like those soft guts were stuff just melts into it. I'm kinda jealous of them. o_O
I think g26 us about as small as I'd want to go though, def. No g43 unless I REALLY had some money to burn just for sh*ts and giggles. I prefer my double stacks. :)

Eh, idk. I get what your saying. But there's still a time and a place for smaller pistols for deep carry or for extremely small framed people.
Summer sucks trying to hide full size stuff. If I could, I'd just conceal my full size g20/21 but that aint gunna happen. Not with my aspiring beer belly (it's a hard six rack too!) Not like those soft guts were stuff just melts into it. I'm kinda jealous of them. o_O
I think g26 us about as small as I'd want to go though, def. No g43 unless I REALLY had some money to burn just for sh*ts and giggles. I prefer my double stacks. :)
I carry a full-size gun year round unless I'm at formal events and the dress clothes don't allow it. Personally I dress around the gun. It leaves me uncomfortable at times but I find comfort in the fact I have 42+ rounds on me. That's just me personally though.

I have known a couple people in my lifetime who ALWAYS carried a full size. One carried a Mod27, no matter the weather. More power too him. He was a rare exception though. Most who bad mouth "mouse guns" have times they head out with no gun. "Thinking" the quick trip its not worth the hassle and they are "safe". Most of course it never matters as most go their entire life and never need any gun. Now and then one of them wishes VERY much they had something with them when they thought they would not need it.

I have known a couple people in my lifetime who ALWAYS carried a full size. One carried a Mod27, no matter the weather. More power too him. He was a rare exception though. Most who bad mouth "mouse guns" have times they head out with no gun. "Thinking" the quick trip its not worth the hassle and they are "safe". Most of course it never matters as most go their entire life and never need any gun. Now and then one of them wishes VERY much they had something with them when they thought they would not need it.
I rock a government 1911 IWB, which conceals better than my G17 OWB in shorts and a t-shirt. I've carried both near cops that have never noticed.

I can't crap on either platform as I use both and both seem to work well for me. It's just a matter of what works for you personally.
^ I agree wholeheartedly. I've carried both and feel comfortable with either is a self defense situation…

But I will say this, Glock is on their 5th generation since being introduced in 1982. The Government Model of 1911 is on its 2nd generation since being introduced in 1911. Yet the former has claimed "Perfection" all those 40 years and five generations…

Just sayin'

^ I agree wholeheartedly. I've carried both and feel comfortable with either is a self defense situation…

But I will say this, Glock is on their 5th generation since being introduced in 1982. The Government Model of 1911 is on its 2nd generation since being introduced in 1911. Yet the former has claimed "Perfection" all those 40 years and five generations…

Just sayin'
The basic design for both have largely remained unchanged and there have been more than two "improvements" for the 1911...

Just for Colt there is 1911, 1911A1, Series 70, Series 80, plus all the new whiz bang stuff like dust cover rails, ambi safeties, etc., etc. Also take into consideration the hi-capacity and polymer hybrids such as the Staccato. Both have been nearly endless modified by end users, compare all the competition 1911s to the G19 Roland Special.

Just sayin'

Mouse guns here.
Haven't carried my 1911 in a few years. Sig P230 or Walther PPK/S Both shoot 100grs, loaded pretty hot for the 380.
Only Glock I have is a 20, and I'd prefer to carry my Govt 1911 before that.
Wife and I were camping with my buddy and his wife. My buddy and I were making fun of our mutual friend that carried an LCP in his pocket. His wife was pleased with how it concealed. I proceeded to whip out my Government 1911 that I had been carrying all day with a t-shirt and shorts. She was surprised by the size of my Government model and had no idea that I was packing that all day and she hadn't noticed.

I don't think all that much about it, but I do tend to predominantly carry glonks. No doubt.... they fugly as sin, but maybe that's why I carry them more(?) Absolutely no sentimental ties to them whatsoever. In my mind they are simply "accurate enough" reliable tools right out of the box that I don't mind if they develop a rash, get banged up and are typcially more neglected beyond a field cleaning. I don't "bling" them out, nor would I care much if one was somehow lost, destroyed or confiscated (after use in a defensive shooting). I also like that they are "scaleable" for different types of carries while still maintaining the same feel and function.

Entirely and affordably replaceable without a single tear shed.

That doesn't mean I don't have others that I might carry on occassion or otherwise a part of my defensive lineup (including a 1911) but they be purdy! I DO have sentimental ties to them and maintain them in the best possible condition for lifetime ownership and beyond.

For me, the platform arguement simply boils down to sentiment and practicality.

I carried a Glock for 10+ years and have had a decent amount of 1911s. Now I am completely changing the game (for me personally) and I'm swapping to carrying the sig 320. Never thought I would admit this…….

I carried a Glock for 10+ years and have had a decent amount of 1911s. Now I am completely changing the game (for me personally) and I'm swapping to carrying the sig 320. Never thought I would admit this…….
And he's slingin' poo right in the face of the thread! 😆
Damn Skippy! Its kind if a "click baity type thread title IMO anyway. Yet here I am lol.

IDK for me it comes down to I never really liked .45, and if your going to shoot 9mm why carry a 1911? just didn't make sense to me personally.

Sinner...
1658782556823.jpeg

:s0090:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR