JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

1911 or Glock

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reactions
Love me some TFB TV! You already know when Clint is a guest you are in for a treat get your popcorn ready! Shout out to all the moms out there just getting into firearms it's never to late!

Why does there need to be a "versus"...?

Use what you like and what you shoot well with...who cares what the other guy shoots or likes...
'Cause he don't know you , or your situation , likes or dislikes....

Both designs work and work well...so pick which one ( or both ) that you like.
Andy

Use what you like and what you shoot well with...who cares what the other guy shoots or likes...

Andy
Fair enough Andy I like both I just tend to carry Glocks more! I just used the title of the video for some reason people get all riled up when it comes to choosing platforms. I do not discriminate I love all calibers and platforms!

"19 is as small as I go." Spot on. No little mouse guns.

I like the fact that Clint is honest…. No matter how you feel. I love Glocks and 1911s.

Last Edited:
I just gotta ask...

If Glock equals Perfection...how come there are so many different models of 'em...? :eek: :D

Just kidding here....
foghorn leghorn classics GIF by Looney Tunes

"I say , I say that's a joke son"....

I like 'em both...both have their well earned place in the firearms world.
As I said earlier both work well ...I prefer the 1911...but that don't mean nothing other than that I prefer it
Andy

Last Edited:
Glock has a funny definition of perfection. They're certainly reliable, durable, and affordable. But my god are they ugly. We're talking red headed stepchild/crap-house door off a tuna boat ugly. Do they have to be so ugly?

Fortunately, however, there are M&P's. :D

TFB. Young lawyer with no military or law enforcement experience is a YouTube gun expert. I'll admit, he's actually fairly engaging and has some great guests (he's interviewed Jack Carr a couple times, good episodes). Plus, his mom Connie appears to around my age and still looks darn good.

Exactly. Apples to oranges. I love my 1911s (too much, my wife says), but I'm pretty pragmatic about the rest of my tools.

Fortunately, however, there are M&P's
And SIG P-320s, and Walther PDPs, and HK VP9s, hell, even the Caniks and Sar pistols are nice....

Learned on a 1911, carried one for years, it will always be one of favorite pistol designs and legacies, but today I own zero 1911's and five 9mm Glocks. If I were to purchase a 1911 style right now it would be a Staccato P.

I just sold my Glonk (see my updated signature). It's in a better place now. Still have my 1911, always will. Truth being told, I wouldn't want to get shot by any of them. So own/shoot what makes you happy. Lately I've been into Kahr's and Jericho's. I believe that I have found my calling.

IMG_20220513_183507.jpg IMG_20220628_103102.jpg

James Reeves: So why would I buy a 1911 in the year 2022?

Clint Smith: I don't know why you would because you can buy three Glocks for one 1911 and sh!tload of magazines and bunch of ammo so I can become competent.

:s0092:

Clint his the nail on the head, todays 1911s are way overpriced for what they are.
In todays age, a -modern- 2011(1911) is just as viable a tool as a glock, but their high price tag keeps them in the niche market of nostalgia.

Learned on a 1911, carried one for years, it will always be one of favorite pistol designs and legacies, but today I own zero 1911's and five 9mm Glocks. If I were to purchase a 1911 style right now it would be a Staccato P.
Dude don't hesitate if your thinking about a 2011 in 9mm. My 2011 is the best handgun I've ever used, I'm thankful the Lord presented the opportunity to acquire it. You will love it if you already like 1911's, it is similar but brings the 1911 into the modern era. I'd carry mine daily if it wasn't a 5", I'll probably later get a C2 or buy a frame and build one with a 4" for carry.

Dude don't hesitate if your thinking about a 2011 in 9mm. My 2011 is the best handgun I've ever used, I'm thankful the Lord presented the opportunity to acquire it. You will love it if you already like 1911's, it is similar but brings the 1911 into the modern era. I'd carry mine daily if it wasn't a 5", I'll probably later get a C2 or buy a frame and build one with a 4" for carry.
Oh, I'll get one I just currently have other priorities like this years training season, if it isn't tuition or ammo it isn't even getting a glance right now.

I'm a 1911 guy. First gun I ever bought was a 1911. I carried one in the Navy. My Kimber pro carry is the most accurate, reliable pistol I own. I'm all in on 1911's, all day, every day!

My EDC is a Glock 23.

I know, I know, just shoot me.....

I'm a 1911 guy. First gun I ever bought was a 1911. I carried one in the Navy. My Kimber pro carry is the most accurate, reliable pistol I own. I'm all in on 1911's, all day, every day!

My EDC is a Glock 23.

I know, I know, just shoot me.....
I'm in the same boat as you, the first pistol I ever shot was a 1911 in Navy Boot Camp circa 1975. I've got 3 of them now. I carry a Glock 22 but only have just the one Glock.

Andy
My thoughts 100%!!

We're talking red headed stepchild/crap-house door off a tuna boat ugly. Do they have to be so ugly?
We call those...50/10/50's!

At 50ft, they are looking pretty hot! Then when you see 'em at 10ft, you are wishing they were back at 50ft!

My daddy says, that's why they invented the paper sack so, I really never cared!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top