JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just an update, just for fun I ordered four mags from GunMagWarehouse at 6:30 today. I paid for next day/overnight freight, today being 11/17, my anticipated ship date is 11/24, a full week. So, with over $37 of "next day air" charges, if they ship will get delivered like 10 days later. Oh well, I should have ordered sooner but have been tied up at work. But, GunMagWarehouse is pretty misleading when you select next day freight, pay for it, and then tell you about a three business day wait to ship. With the holiday, my next day freight will hopefully get it delivered within a week and a half.

Just an update, just for fun I ordered four mags from GunMagWarehouse at 6:30 today. I paid for next day/overnight freight, today being 11/17, my anticipated ship date is 11/24, a full week. So, with over $37 of "next day air" charges, if they ship will get delivered like 10 days later. Oh well, I should have ordered sooner but have been tied up at work. But, GunMagWarehouse is pretty misleading when you select next day freight, pay for it, and then tell you about a three business day wait to ship. With the holiday, my next day freight will hopefully get it delivered within a week and a half.
That would be upsetting. Paying for next day air should mean they expedite your order to have it processed that 1st day shipped the 2nd day and delivered on third day.

I'm a cheap skate so I very rarely pay for expedite but sometimes it's necessary.

Wow. I'm glad I opted for the basic $7.99 ground shipping then!

They weren't following the law. They were just making smit up. I was looking at a 1911 with 8 round magazines. They said they wouldn't sell it to me because of the upcomeing law restricting more than 10 round magazines. When I tried to explain that 8 was less than 10 they convinced me join the boycott.
The issue is with how the law is written:

(d) "Large-capacity magazine" means a fixed or detachable magazine, belt, drum, feed strip, helical feeding device, or similar device, including any such device joined or coupled with another in any manner, or a kit with such parts, that has an overall capacity of, or that can be readily restored, changed, or converted to accept, more than 10 rounds of ammunition and allows a shooter to keep firing without having to pause to reload​

The lawyers take this to mean anything with a detachable base plate is a no-go. I blame it on the evil people who wrote the law, not on businesses who have to guess how they will be enforced in 50 states.
It'd be nice if these multi-million dollar companies would stand up, just a little bit, and support those that pay their wages. :mad:
The multi million dollar companies have multi million dollars to lose as well. They are a bigger target for lawsuits.

I like and respect you both and support you to do what you think is right. For me, I choose to blame the evil folks who started all this and the lemmings who voted for it. I had a Midway package delivered yesterday, and I still support LGSs and even Sportsmans.

I know what the law says, my issue is more that I ordered the 1911 and then the sale wouldn't go thru so I waited for customer service to open only to be told that because of the new not even in force law they wouldn't sell me the 1911. If there was a clear policy statement or even a why the refusal at check out I'd have just moved on. In the end it worked out, Larry saved me $20.00 by me buying the same exact 1911 at Grab a Gun.

I need to correct myself Midway now has the refusal reason pop up at check out.

Order Contains Restricted Products

753049.jpg
Mec-Gar Optimum Magazine CZ 75B, 85B, SP-01, Shadow I, II 9mm Luger 17-Round Steel Anti-Friction Black

These products cannot be included with your order due to the following:

• Oregon has restricted the sale of magazines that have a capacity of more than ten rounds, or those that can be adapted to hold more than ten rounds—e.g., those with a floor plate or end plate.

Last Edited:
Data point for the collective - As of Friday, I have received or have enroute/shipped Mags from Tombstone Tactical and Shooting Surplus, who were both shipping as of last week. Classic Firearms shipped an order of mags that i ordered on 11/14, arrives today.

Probably going to be my last mag order for a long while, if ever, as i have been stocking up waiting for the eventual hammer to drop, which should be soon. As @oremike and @WillametteWill mention above, with the way the law is written, it means nearly ALL mags will be banned, not just 10 rounds or less. So you all had better be grabbing your 10 rounders as well, and not waiting thinking you can just buy them later if a mag ban goes into place. It hurt me greatly to spend any money on restricted capacity mags, but figured i had better buy a few, as well as 1911 mags as Oremike was attempting to do. I dont mean to come across as a tin foil hat wearing doomsday preacher, but methinks things are about to get real tough in this state gun wise. The people i feel really bad for are either those that cant afford to stock up, or those that are just getting to the age where they can purchase, where they wont be able to stock up or really even buy if it all goes through once the state Supremes step in . . .

In my first interaction with Midway I wasn't trying to buy magazines I was trying to buy a 1911. They won't sell guns that can have magazines modified to hold more than 10 rounds. If it would have been just a magazine issue well I've got lots of 1911 magazines. On my second post made today I did try to order a 17 round magazine just to see what would happen and that's where I got the denial explanation.

Larry Potterfield thinks the 2nd A is for hunting.
Midway USA (Larry Potterfield) had facilitated over $20,000,000 in donations to the NRA through his company's round up program. Not his money, but he got it there (and I get that some are not happy with the NRA always, including myself, but it is undeniable that they have helped in 2A causes).

The Midway USA Foundation has given over $54,000,000 to over 3,000 youth shooting programs (including at one of my clubs); it is immeasurable how much positive, lasting impact has on the future of 2A.

He donated a 140,000 square foot warehouse and over 6 acres of land to the NRA Foundation / Friends of the NRA (which came out of some of his other programs).

He donated $100,000 related to the defeat of attempt of ATF trying to ban M8555/109 ammo,
"The donation is being made in honor of NRA/ILA's hard work in rallying NRA members and Congress to combat the ATF's proposed changes to the M855/SS109 ammo exemption framework."​
Because, ya know, green tips are commonly used for hunting.

All this from one simple guy who enlisted in the Armed Forces, started a small firearms business when he got out and has been nothing but a massive supporter of the firearms industry and the 2A since. And yet we are going to shame this guy and his company because he has to walk the tightrope on regulations in 50 states because we failed to get enough people out to vote.

As for me, I'll take a page from Reagan and choose not to eat our own.

Midway USA (Larry Potterfield) had facilitated over $20,000,000 in donations to the NRA through his company's round up program. Not his money, but he got it there (and I get that some are not happy with the NRA always, including myself, but it is undeniable that they have helped in 2A causes).

The Midway USA Foundation has given over $54,000,000 to over 3,000 youth shooting programs (including at one of my clubs); it is immeasurable how much positive, lasting impact has on the future of 2A.

He donated a 140,000 square foot warehouse and over 6 acres of land to the NRA Foundation / Friends of the NRA (which came out of some of his other programs).

He donated $100,000 related to the defeat of attempt of ATF trying to ban M8555/109 ammo,
"The donation is being made in honor of NRA/ILA's hard work in rallying NRA members and Congress to combat the ATF's proposed changes to the M855/SS109 ammo exemption framework."​
Because, ya know, green tips are commonly used for hunting.

All this from one simple guy who enlisted in the Armed Forces, started a small firearms business when he got out and has been nothing but a massive supporter of the firearms industry and the 2A since. And yet we are going to shame this guy and his company because he has to walk the tightrope on regulations in 50 states because we failed to get enough people out to vote.

As for me, I'll take a page from Reagan and choose not to eat our own.
Good info. Truly. And once the dims make firearm ownership in America extremely difficult and most only for the wealthy then they won't need to make those donations anymore because there won't be any such programs. How will Wayne La Pierre afford the expensive suits and extravagant lifestyle then?

I watched a video a couple days ago about a bill being introduced that would require a background check to buy ammo - just about the dumbest most ridiculous thing ever. Can you imagine how annoying that would be?
Last I read it's a law in Kali now a bc has to be done to buy ammo. Oregon democrats are working toward it.

Update on this, I got shipping notice this morning, they should be delivered tomorrow. Maybe I spoke too soon and trusted their computer estimate or maybe they are prioritizing for Oregon residents.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top