JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
The good thing about having them there is they stay there whether you're on a phone, tablet, or computer (the sidebar gets hidden on smaller screens).

Any other input you guys can think of? Features or processes which we might be able to make easier to use?

I'm kinda surprised by the lack of complaints :s0114:

Complaints? Maybe now that you've said it, you'll get some....;)

Overall, I've been getting used to 3.0 It's clean, looks good and works pretty well. I'll probably always wish that all the quick links (new content especially) could be on each page, I understand the reasons to move it into the new location.

The one problem I'm still getting, and it's primarily on my tablet when I'm away from the computer is the notifications for alerts and conversations still don't seem to show up properly. I'll see a red alert next to my name, then when I click on it, neither alerts nor conversations indicate where the alert has come from - I have to click on each one to find out what the alert is for. On the computer, it does the same thing, but I am looking now more at the quick links to see if it's an alert or a convo.

How's that for a complaint? :p

Complaints? Maybe now that you've said it, you'll get some....;)

Overall, I've been getting used to 3.0 It's clean, looks good and works pretty well. I'll probably always wish that all the quick links (new content especially) could be on each page, I understand the reasons to move it into the new location.

The one problem I'm still getting, and it's primarily on my tablet when I'm away from the computer is the notifications for alerts and conversations still don't seem to show up properly. I'll see a red alert next to my name, then when I click on it, neither alerts nor conversations indicate where the alert has come from - I have to click on each one to find out what the alert is for. On the computer, it does the same thing, but I am looking now more at the quick links to see if it's an alert or a convo.

How's that for a complaint? :p

I should have clarified, complaints that aren't already on the front page list :s0114: :s0094:

Since the new buttons for new content and alerts I don't have anything to complain about. I'll try and come up with something but it's gonna be tough

Gentlemen, I think we got it ;)

upload_2015-7-10_14-27-14.png

Why do the left and right menus autohide? It doesn't appear that there is any content on either side of the website.

Why do the left and right menus autohide? It doesn't appear that there is any content on either side of the website.

Both versions 2 and 3 are fixed-width responsive designs, setup to ensure the site displays properly across all devices (phones, tablets, and computers). If you view the v3 at a lower resolution or on a device with a smaller screen size the menus actually overlay whatever content is in the main section.

Good! Now that you have the hover/preview working I'll stay on 3.0 and start getting used to it. One other small thing though....At the bottom left, and under the top banner too, you could darken the NWFA/Forum/community discussion/ etc a little bit. My eyesight isn't terrible, but I find myself searching for it. No biggie though.

Mike

I've noticed a problem with one of the new features. When selecting some text from a post, you used to get a choice of +Quote and Reply. Now, the Reply option is no longer there. I really liked the Reply shortcut. I noticed this in Windows XP and Mac OSX, both in Chrome.
Untitled.jpg

Still have a delay going on with alerts. Using IE11 at the moment. I see the alert on the icon at the top but not in the drop down. Also had to search a bit to get older alerts to show up so I could get to this thread but that is not a big issue. Maybe a link at the bottom that allows us to go further back than just recent alerts?

Status

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads