JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Hey Joe,

That was a nice note. Appreciate it.
I noticed in that note you mention that we should support the vendors who advertise here.
I've seen a few banners here and there, but is there a button or icon I click on that will give me a list of those vendors?
Might help when various members are looking to mod/repair their guns.
...please forgive me if its been there the whole time...sometimes I'm a little clueless. :p

Dean

I haven't read through the whole, thread.. I'll try to when I have time. Maybe this has already been addressed.

I am a full-time web professional with a degree in coding for the web. I could offer my time if there was a fit. I know you have moderators and stuff, but maybe there is some way I could offer my services.

We need to keep this awesome site going.. such a great community!! Shout out to all the guys I've met and had great conversations with while waiting for the background check lmao

Hey Joe,

That was a nice note. Appreciate it.
I noticed in that note you mention that we should support the vendors who advertise here.
I've seen a few banners here and there, but is there a button or icon I click on that will give me a list of those vendors?
Might help when various members are looking to mod/repair their guns.
...please forgive me if its been there the whole time...sometimes I'm a little clueless. :p

Dean

Yep! It's down at the bottom, a link labeled 'Supporting Vendors'. I need to make it more prominent :)

We also have dedicated sections for Silver Vendors and above, located on the main forum list page.

I haven't read through the whole, thread.. I'll try to when I have time. Maybe this has already been addressed.

I am a full-time web professional with a degree in coding for the web. I could offer my time if there was a fit. I know you have moderators and stuff, but maybe there is some way I could offer my services.

We need to keep this awesome site going.. such a great community!! Shout out to all the guys I've met and had great conversations with while waiting for the background check lmao

I appreciate the offer! I'll be in contact :)

Hey Joe, I just saw you thread and donated. I hope everyone is able to help even if it is just a little bit. Keep up the good work!

Thank you! Every little bit helps :)

Ha! Go figure. I knew I was being clueless. :p:D:rolleyes:

Well to be fair it isn't that obvious :)

Just picked up a new Graphics Card for my PC through the affiliate program on Amazon. What's the percentage you guys get off sales like this? Let's keep this place open!!!

Great! I believe it's around 4% :)

Joe,

Just a suggestion, but maybe you could have a second link at the top, in the bar that helps you navigate to the separate sections of this site.
Then you'd have a "banner/icon" at both the top and bottom of the page...should make it easier to find.

Dean

Last Edited:
@Joe Link - I think you need to update the link for gun.deals. The link that is there takes you to

I'll get that fixed!

Joe,

Just a suggestion, but maybe you could have a second link at the top, in the bar that helps you navigate to the separate sections of this site.
Then you'd have a "banner/icon" at both the top and bottom of the page...should make it easier to find.

Dean

Thanks for the suggestion. It's always a struggle trying to keep the top of the page as clean as possible, but I think this is worthwhile. We'll be looking into it for the new version (V4).

I think it will be pretty low impact, yet still noticeable, if you add it to the navigation bar ("Forums, Media, Reviews...") after the "new" button.
...maybe easier said than done?

Yeah, the big issue is mobile, tablets, and low resolution computers. We already have plans to add two more tabs, too. We'll see how it all works out as development progresses :)

Upgraded to Silver from Bronze. Wish I could do more, and I would if I didn't spend so much on guns & ammo......

Love the site, it has been a great resource for me. I would hate to see it go.

I frequent this board and occasionally WAGuns.org. The folks over there are very nice but I like this interface more and the "New" posts feature being very handy. WAGuns does have one thing that I really like, and that is a pretty cool logo. It looks good on caps, t-bubblegums, AR dust covers, patches etc. I don't want to knock what we have here (they don't have an awesome lower receiver), but they do have a pretty solid selection of swag. I don't know how much they earn from it, but would it be worthwhile considering a logo to go with our letterhead and expanding on the options of what we sell?

Status

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads