JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have used these cases quite a while, seem quite well made for how cheap they are, like $12. For 1911's I just have a box full of mags since they are easy. Now that I have multiple rifles using Glock in 3 different calibers I took to keeping spares in a box. Since they are easy to just pick up the ones I need by caliber when I want to shoot. I also will load the mags I take when I head to the range. Saves standing there at the range bench loading mags. Other odds and ends I did take to putting in bags that are marked as they get easy to mix up and got tired of often trying to figure out which was which. Worst was when I bought a 3d Ruger MK, since all 3 use a different damn mag. Got to the range one day with one of them, and had grabbed a handful of the wrong mags:mad::mad::mad:. I had only the mag in the pistol or I would have been dead in the water there. So for the MK's I took to keeping the pistol and some mags together in one of the cases like this. Now if we want to shoot one we know we have mags for the one we take.
US PeaceKeeper Attache Gun Case

Pcase1.jpg Pcase2.jpg

I put my extra mags in household essential mesh wash bags and hang them in my gun safe. The mesh lets warm dry air produce by the safe's Golden Rod circulate through the bag to provent any moisture buildup. I have a bag for different sized mags and I mark each mag too.

I use those clear poly divided trays with snap hinged lids. Just a marker on the lid over each compartment that lists the gun make and model to let me know what'sin each divider. The ones I have are 10" x 12" and have 6 or 7 individual compartments. They stack easily for multiples too.
I use these for gun parts, and screws too. Have them all over the gun room for other uses. They came in packs of 5 or 10 when I bought them.

Ziplock 1-qt. (or larger) freezer bags, use a sharpie to mark the bag with the make/model/caliber... water tight, and you can visually see what's in the bag.

This is exactly what I do and it's worked pretty well. It's a very low cost solution. I also have a variety of tupperware boxes, or cardboard boxes, or whatever happens to be available that I mark on the exterior. I like the idea about the rugged handyman bags that are usually $5 on sale. Ammo cans would be nice too if they were still pretty cheap.

I'm looking at other options for faster ID especially for the mags that look very similar to others (e.g. Beretta and CZ and SW mags, for instance). Thinking of a shot of spray paint on the bottom for color coding.

For those that are stamped, a crayon to color in the lettering is a good idea. I like the sharpie pen idea, with a code of some sort.

I bought a bunch of these back in the day. They technically are a double pistol case and include a compartment for mags, but I usually just throw one pistol and all the mags I have for it (Glocks not withstanding) inside.

If you have room just put the whole thing in the safe and it's easy to grab and go to the range, otherwise label the bag (small luggage tags work well) and just grab the corresponding pistol from the safe and your bag then you're good to go.

These go into another range bag that has ear/eye pro and other range related stuff.

https://www.amazon.com/Drago-Gear-Double-Pistol-Case/dp/B073PJHBCV/

412NCDEMBLL.jpg

I bought a bunch of these back in the day. They technically are a double pistol case and include a compartment for mags, but I usually just throw one pistol and all the mags I have for it (Glocks not withstanding) inside.

If you have room just put the whole thing in the safe and it's easy to grab and go to the range, otherwise label the bag (small luggage tags work well) and just grab the corresponding pistol from the safe and your bag then you're good to go.

These go into another range bag that has ear/eye pro and other range related stuff.

https://www.amazon.com/Drago-Gear-Double-Pistol-Case/dp/B073PJHBCV/

View attachment 548749

I have a very similar bag that came with the Remington-Rand 1911A1 Camp Perry pistol I bought! When I bought the gun there was 4 extra barrels, 8 extra magazines, a Colt Ace Conversion, and the gun, all in that bag. So I just keep it all together in the safe.
My bag has a zipper pouch on one side large enough for the Ace conversion to fit in even in it's factory box.

Prediction: When you get to a more advanced age, these matters will no longer present themselves as problems.

I used to think I didn't have enough bullets, brass, powder, primers, ammo, guns, etc. Expended a lot of energy on building up "my pile" of stuff. Now I know that I'm never gonna be able to use it all.

I've been using a Sharpie Paint Pen. Looks and works just like a regular Sharpie but lays down enamel paint. Comes in a variety of colors and more durable than ink. I find the light blue or metallic silver to work well for me. I have also used it to mark holsters too.

I tried colored adhesive dots on the bottom of the mags. But I quickly forgot what they meant and they fell off rather quickly.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top