JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Pacific Daylight Time (PDT) is 7 hours behind, not eight (like PST - Standard time). So peak is 11PM Friday through 2AM Saturday. And the 11% Moon sets about 12:12AM so it won't interfere. Will have to check it out!

Pacific Daylight Time (PDT) is 7 hours behind, not eight (like PST - Standard time). So peak is 11PM Friday through 2AM Saturday. And the 11% Moon sets about 12:12AM so it won't interfere. Will have to check it out!
Just fyi that forecast is often off. The peak can be before or after the times they indicate. Checking the current kp index is only way to get reliable info. The forecast is just a guide.

Edit: holy shot I just looked at it and it's over 7.5 right now! May be over by tonight (or may be higher). Well see

82C0FF4C-63D1-4E1A-8053-66D20F90F3E8.png

Ah yes, you are correct. My post-COVID brain mistakenly fell back an hour for DST instead of springing forward. Gah!!

That's impressive..

Someone else posted moonset is at 12:12 am tonight, so I'll check around then
Personally I would not worry about the moon. Pay attention to the k index number instead. Moon is only 7% crescent so hardly anything. May be over by midnight (or not, who knows, but the index will tell you). Just my opinion.

1C491ECB-C045-4513-ABEC-FC73D39CD854.jpeg
They raised level to category "g5 - extreme"

I just texted my daughter. We might head out to Tillamook Forrest to see if we can get a glimpse of them tonight. I like that the best time seems to be getting earlier. We were discussing a 2am trip, and I am just too old for that anymore.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top