JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A buddy and myself were the same 260+ weight ten years ago. Worse for him cause he had a thin frame.

He lost some weight by following Keto and cutting out carbs but has never exercised or lifted one day in those tens years. He just doesn't care. Either you do or you don't. Or as my daily alarm clock from Snake Diet says "Lack of Discipline is why you are a disgusting fat pig."

Every morning it still makes me laugh. Not knowing about nutrition until I was in my 50s sucks, but better late than never. I am not a pure saint. Will have some pizza or whatever, rarely, but in my mind I always know the soy, seed, 'vegetable' oils I am eating will stay in my body for two years. Poison. The 'fat' part of it isn't a concern.

View: https://youtu.be/toTq4_bGEVM

Good stuff. I take 5 grams of creatine with one of my supplemental meals daily which is a protein shake, and aim for 1 to 1.25 grams of protein daily per pound of ideal bodyweight.

I've posted this before, but for any new readers of this thread this is a perfect blueprint for a lean bulk.

Good stuff. I take 5 grams of creatine with one of my supplemental meals daily which is a protein shake, and aim for 1 to 1.25 grams of protein daily per pound of ideal bodyweight.

I've posted this before, but for any new readers of this thread this is a perfect blueprint for a lean bulk.

I've choked down 200+ grams of protein daily for years. Daggum I hate it.

Moderate here on protein intake because 90% from food not supplements. Sardines, Salmon, 5 eggs, 16oz red meat, 2-3 glasses of bone broth all together about 132 grams and I weigh 195. All the above however and easily processed Omega 3 proteins.

Will readdress that subject, thanks. Most protein bars - if not all, whey protein powders, are off the table due to maltodextrin or sugars, Omega 6s, soys, etc. However not closed minded about other, cleaner options.

Arnold in his prime preached 1g per pound of bodyweight and I'm no bodybuilder. 2/3rds of a gram per lb is probably OK for me.

Last Edited:
Q for all you over 40 guys, anyone taking a T booster they can recommend? I eat somewhat healthy, workout regularly and have n decent shape at 55 but figured it was probably time for a supplement.
I've thought about T therapy, but it would be on a medical basis and definitely not some sort of over-the-counter supplement. I would also do my own extensive research first to weigh the pros and cons and potential side effects before ultimately consulting a doctor.

If you do decide to pursue this post updates here, as I'm interested and probably others.

FYI I'm 55 as well but currently trying to boost T the natural way through diet and weightlifting.

My T is pretty anemic since last bloodwork 14 months ago and curious if heavy weights, HIIT, and other things have nudged it up at all. Seriously wonder how I have been able to gain muscle mass with the T levels of an old lady.

Had a specific T test done at Jason Labs and my free T sucked (attached) That test is $70.

About 50% of the time, at the start of days where a hard workout is planned, I take Earth Elixir Tongkat Ali & Fadogia Agrestis (say that 5x fast). While I am not exceptionally lean at 16% bodyfat I do see more definition and more strength while taking it the last 90 days.

TRT therapy, creams or shots, are totally legit and not 'doing steroids' it is just replacing something your body lacks. Just would rather not yet at least. Costs about $100/m or so I've read.

There are a lot of supplements also like "T Booster" etc that CLAIM to help with Free T levels, but the only way to really know is before/after bloodwork. UGH - I guess I need to do another bloodwork. Since I have -0- faith in doctors/hospitals knowing anything about supplements or nutrition, that is when it is time to research and play doctor myself.

Test.jpg Tongkat.JPEG

Last Edited:
I've thought about T therapy, but it would be on a medical basis and definitely not some sort of over-the-counter supplement. I would also do my own extensive research first to weigh the pros and cons and potential side effects before ultimately consulting a doctor.

If you do decide to pursue this post updates here, as I'm interested and probably others.

FYI I'm 55 as well but currently trying to boost T the natural way through diet and weightlifting.
I have been doing research and reading some articles about it. I was hoping some could recommend something. I think I am going to go with T Hero. US Lab, has most of the recommended ingredients, and is affordable.Fitness reviewer stated they could feel a difference. I guess I will report back.

If you look at the reviews on Amazon for T Hero just about all of them are Vine Customer Review of Free Product

That means people were given that and many other products for FREE in exchange for positive reviews.

If you look at the reviews on Amazon for T Hero just about all of them are Vine Customer Review of Free Product

That means people were given that and many other products for FREE in exchange for positive reviews.
I hardly ever look at Amazon reviews. I looked at smarter reviews I think. That's a reason why I came here looking for suggestions. 2 weeks into Muscle tech Alpha Test and really haven't felt a difference.

Apparently, Tongkat Ali, Boron, Shilajit, Magnesium, Zinc, and Aswagandha are the ingredients to look for. D-Aspartic Acid seems to be liked by some and not others.

Tongkat Ali, Boron, Shilajit, Magnesium, Zinc, and Aswagandha
Never heard of Shilajit. I do take the others though. I'm always in a great mood (might be tarded), so Aswagandha only benefit for me would be better sleep and it didn't seem to do much. The best trick for that is to never eat past 6pm (for me).

When I do the bloodwork and all T levels are the same ........ or if higher was it the HIIT or heavy lifting or the pills?
Never can be sure.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads