JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
dont get me wrong, im all for capitalism and ect.. but if you are a big business owner and have employees and a warehouse/factory /company then this is NOT what you want to be doing... because in the long run, it will bite you in the @ss.... CTD will be losing long time customers... thus, it will force them out of business.

but....

if you are an individual, and do not own a business, then yes, you can price gouge if you want, because you will not really lose anything... nothing wrong with trying to make a profit.

that being said, the owner of CTD is one dumb fool for trying this price gouging stunt twice. he doesnt realize that it will only hurt him in the long run.... he aint the sharpest too in the shed.

just a few weeks ago, a 50rd box of 9mm was $50, now it is $60.... what an idiot.

ctdlol.png

Not that I do not agree this seems poor business practice, it also shows why so many keep getting caught pants down.
This is far from the first panic shortage. This is far from the first time CTD has taken full advantage of it. They do this every time. When panic is over they have yet to go under, so I have to guess people keep buying stuff from them. The first time I noticed them doing this was around a couple decades back. One of these panics was going on. That time it was a LOT of people had suddenly started to CC. .380 pistols and ammo became a problem. CTD was selling Fed Red Box for $50 a box. "Normal" price at that time was around $8 for this. No one had any though. Gun shows were still a big deal then. Many were selling .380 ammo a few rounds at a time in plastic baggies.
So flash forward a couple decades and at least a handful of panic shortages, CTD is still chugging away. Now days there is a LOT of people with a net presence also taking full advantage. This panic will end like they all do. I doubt we will see CTD suddenly go bust. Know what we will see? Shelves full of ammo, weekly ads for it an sale, as gun owners ignore it. :confused:

CTD has a VERY long standing history of doing this crap. They did the same thing a few years ago during the last ammo shortage. And they're still in business. I don't know why people continue to buy from them. :rolleyes:

CTD has a VERY long standing history of doing this crap. They did the same thing a few years ago during the last ammo shortage. And they're still in business. I don't know why people continue to buy from them. :rolleyes:
CTD is perhaps more universally despised on gun forums than Dick's Sporting Goods, yet they continue to lure in customers. I don't get it, either.

Many threads on ctd and their antics. They all kind of go sideways. I vote with my wallet but many must support them ore else they would go under.

I personally will never give another nickel to CTD. While discussing guns and ammo and the lack of availabilty with a select group of co workers and friends, only the "newbs" in the world of guns talked about ordering from CTD. Anyone I know who was a gun owner during or shortly after the Newtown Ct massacre and the Feinstein fiasco that followed all agree that the owner of CTD can take a long a p!ss up a short rope.

Many threads on ctd and their antics. They all kind of go sideways. I vote with my wallet but many must support them ore else they would go under.
The only thing I miss about CTD is those catalogs. For a decade or better after the first time I saw them doing this I kept getting the paper catalogs. They were fun to look through. When I would see something I liked I would search for it at other sellers and of course find it, to buy of course from someone else.

I'm not sure whether it's true that the owner of CheaperThanDirt fits the definition of "fool"...
.... but, I AM sure his customers do.

He seems to be selling enough cheap dirt to fools....
....to keep himself....uhhh.... filthy rich. :rolleyes:

Has the cost to the reseller gone up, maybe?
Not that I can see so far. Since some places still have ammo at pre panic prices. It of course is gone in seconds but, that shows it's still being sold to them at the same price. Now some smaller places who can not buy an entire semi load at a time would of course have to pay more but, if they can sell it at a huge mark up they are still happy of course. Even Federal got into the game for a while. Don't know if they are still doing it but they were selling some of their ammo direct at a VERY inflated price. Hell I guess why not, they wanted to get in on the action too :D

I never bought anything from CTD but I did read a lot of bad stories about them over the years.

I always did support and buy products from LOCAL small and large stores and from my favorite FFL dealers. Back east and out here. I still do this.

Old Lady Cate

The only thing I miss about CTD is those catalogs. For a decade or better after the first time I saw them doing this I kept getting the paper catalogs. They were fun to look through. When I would see something I liked I would search for it at other sellers and of course find it, to buy of course from someone else.

I think I was doing this ^^ even BEFORE I really got into firearms. :s0114: Definitely decent "Eye-Candy". Not sure WHY I was getting the ads before that though? :s0092:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top