JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I used bees wax on my 25-06 about ten years ago - it has worked well for me - shows the grain and has been a good water proof for the stock. I have carried multiple times hunting north side in the snow and rain. It also does not seem sticky at all like I thought it might. I currently have a old JC Higgins model 50 stock. The utility grade stocks of the 50's make pretty decent wood stocks today. Maybe our standards are going down. I am not sure what I will fnish stock with.

1000000566.jpg

I use Johnson's Paste wax. It is however no longer made but it can be found on ebay for $69. If you see some at a garage sale, grab it. I use it as part of my bullet lube too.
Minwax makes what I believe is a duplicate: at least for performance. They even copied the yellow can.

Best kept secret for gun care. Shines more when buffed more. Resists fingerprints (one swipe of a cloth deletes them), safe on metal or wood, and if the going is gonna get rough and wet (Coast Range, Alaska, etc.), the guns get a coating of paste wax NOT buffed off.

Your gun looks "cloudy", but will not rust.

The "original" Rich of Rich's Gun Shop (when they were in Lake Grove) turned me on to this when he mentored me building my Hawken kit gun. Whoah! that was 45 years ago. 🤔

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top