JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I recently visited the Tualatin Cabelas, and what appears to be their new policy, is to display empty bottles of powder. They state it is because of the fire marshal requiring them to only have a maximum of 20 lbs. of powder in one location and primers must be 30' away? I asked the sales rep if they had a full one I could buy and after 15 minutes of two guys searching they said it was out of stock.

I'm not sure if anyone has experienced this yet.

Thoughts?

Last scarcity, Sportsman's used to have a list on the counter of what powders were available. None on the shelf.
I could definitely see the fire marshall enforcing that policy.
If that was the case than Sportsman's would have to be doing it as well, but no such change there.
I think it has more to do with making it look like they have less to justify keeping prices up. I do know I was hearing people complaining on several occasions that with the amount of powder and primer they had, it made no sense that prices were still that high.
It could also have to do with a high theft rate, they do have a cop parked out front every time I go by there. It could also be a mix of both greed and theft.

Last Edited:
Because 20lbs bursting into flames is safe but 21 is unimaginably dangerous
Don't forget, they store all the primers and powders in the same room, so that can't be it, can it? Wouldn't it be too scary to put it all in there? Oh wait, some how that's ok but just not on the shelf, to dangerous on the shelf. Lol

I recently visited the Tualatin Cabelas, and what appears to be their new policy, is to display empty bottles of powder. They state it is because of the fire marshal requiring them to only have a maximum of 20 lbs. of powder in one location and primers must be 30' away? I asked the sales rep if they had a full one I could buy and after 15 minutes of two guys searching they said it was out of stock.

Thoughts?
Your first mistake was going to Cabelas.........😉

Thoughts?
I was at Sportsmans last week and they had all their powder stocked on the same shelf as [the few] primers they had to sell. I didnt check to see if the powder containers were full or empties but a month ago I bought powder right off their shelf.

If Cabelas is rationing powder fine but be honest about it. I doubt its a requirement.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top