JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I stumbled across an old 1964 (not pre-1964) M70 that was beat all to hell and had a peeling walnut stock. I was in need of a rifle then and the guy sold it for 300 bucks. I used it as a project gun and by that I mean, I stripped the stock completely back to bare wood, sanded, made repairs, raised the grain, wet sanded....and refinished. It turned out really nice. I fixed a split and chip in the fore-end by taking a piece of walnut from inside the stock. I can't see where the repair was made. I left all battle scars if they were scratched or gouges. I raised dents that I could. I kind of fell in love with it. Then I got into the New Haven classic sporters and have a few of those. I'm looking now at the Portuguese made rifles. Most of the threads I see are older, so I was wondering how they are currently? I am not a 'purist'. I like the rifle. I like the safety. I want a7mm RM with a 26" stock and many I see used, New Haven Classics are 1100-1200 and for 1400 I can buy a brand new one. So, how are these rifles? I read that their fit and finish is far better than anything produced to date. So, what is y'all's opinion? I'm not modifying it. I don't shoot 1000 yards. I just want a good deer rifle in M70 and I don't have 7mm RM yet.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top