JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Maybe, maybe not, but is it really necessary for one guy to clear out a shops supply, why not let the rest of us enjoy the windfall. feels like we're all kids again acting like we're not going to get any cake because someone else wants some, so you take all of it to make sure you get some even if you already had some. Use whichever food choice you like, point remains the same. This happen with ammo as well, saw people who didn't want any but decided to buy all of it cause someone else wanted some, even meet people who admitted to buying it all just so the other person couldn't get any.
This is just showing how many people stayed out of the NFA game because of the enforced time constraints. No one wants to purchase today to get their items in a year. Now that it only takes about the same time as it would to ship it tons of people are willing to spend and basically jump-start a collection they would have built over years if everything had been normal from the start. Basically everybody is making up for lost time.

But is important to remember that this is the new normal. The ATF is no longer the bottleneck in the supply chain, now it is the manufactures who cannot keep up with demand. This means that if you just want a few cans to play with, you buy them when you can find them. That is just the nature of short supply. Yeah it sucks, but I will not begrudge a guy buying up a collection he could have had years ago if not for bureaucracy. W just have to wait this out and see how the manufacturers decide to handle things. The short wait times are not going away, so it is not like he is taking away your opportunity for a quick turnaround later, all he is doing is buying current stock that will be replaced in due time.

Hell, my current NFA dealer is not even taking back-orders right now, the manufacturers are still trying to decide if this demand is just an anomaly as people try to build out a collection, or if this is going to be sustained demand that justifies adding manufacturing capacity.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for people getting as many as they want but at the expense of fellow 2A community supporters when a shortage starts is not right in my book, we got enough people working against us as is, we don't need to do it to each other.
Oh I hear ya & empathize.

However there is truly no way to enforce "good manners" other than laws. Laws which I believe some states have & other states want to have.

The store / business could enact limits if they so choose. Like the great TP blight during the plandemic…

That, would be fine. There business, their rules.

Members of "the community" being upset over such. Mehhh.

IMO

This is just showing how many people stayed out of the NFA game because of the enforced time constraints. No one wants to purchase today to get their items in a year. Now that it only takes about the same time as it would to ship it tons of people are willing to spend and basically jump-start a collection they would have built over years if everything had been normal from the start. Basically everybody is making up for lost time.

But is important to remember that this is the new normal. The ATF is no longer the bottleneck in the supply chain, now it is the manufactures who cannot keep up with demand. This means that if you just want a few cans to play with, you buy them when you can find them. That is just the nature of short supply. Yeah it sucks, but I will not begrudge a guy buying up a collection he could have had years ago if not for bureaucracy. W just have to wait this out and see how the manufacturers decide to handle things. The short wait times are not going away, so it is not like he is taking away your opportunity for a quick turnaround later, all he is doing is buying current stock that will be replaced in due time.

Hell, my current NFA dealer is not even taking back-orders right now, the manufacturers are still trying to decide if this demand is just an anomaly as people try to build out a collection, or if this is going to be sustained demand that justifies adding manufacturing capacity.
I had always planned on getting one even with the previous wait time but was on the fence as to when and the reduce wait times now, did have an effect on me finally deciding to get one. I don't blame someone for wanting them or wanting to build their collection faster, it just bugs me when someone only decides they want something just because someone else wants it. As for the current supply, I'm already seeing prices starting to jump up which I get "S&D" but we could of avoided price increases by just pacing ourselves, especially if the changes are here to stay. All things in moderation, except ammo, always more ammo lol.

However there is truly no way to enforce "good manners" other than laws.
Well maybe I should tell on them to their mothers. lol
The store / business could enact limits if they so choose. Like the great TP blight during the plandemic…

That, would be fine. There business, their rules.
It's not the worst of ideas for stores to put a limit for a set period of time but as you said, it's their choice.
Members of "the community" being upset over such. Mehhh.
Well shouldn't my feelings dictate how.........

🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 Sorry I couldn't finish typing that without busting out laughing.

I will say it was quite entertaining to watch and witness- this was at Adaptive, at his new location in Oregon City. Sounded like the guy was a regular, and he was there to pick up a Staccato XC, and was talking about a large 100 acre property his brothers and him shoot on. He saw I was picking up a Dead Air Wolverine, and asked me how long i had to wait for it, as he said he is a very impatient man and no way would he have the patience to wait. When i told him 1 day, 14 hours . . . It was quite the reaction! He got very excited, asked me all kinds of questions, and then started the process to buy a bunch, telling the owner that his brothers would also be there shortly to make purchases. When i got home, I saw the next day that Adaptive was almost completely out of stock in store! I was actually pretty happy for Adaptive- he is a good guy with an honest business and is a strong supporting member here, so nice to see him make a crazy good sale! Adaptive has since replenished a lot of stock, but everywhere it is just selling out quickly as it arrives- many stores are pretty sold out right now.

Seeing cans trickling in however- sign up for Silencer Shop in stock notifications. Also shop local- NW Armory has a DA Wolverine and Sandman S in stock right now. Several good HuxWrx's as well . . .

This^

It took a while for me to start stamp collecting. I had always wanted a can, but didn't want to wait forever. So, a couple of years ago ordered my first can thinking that if I wanted one, I better suck it up and do what needs to be done. It took 231 days for the approval to come in (Omega 36M). This Feb, I decided I was willing to do the wait again, so I ordered another (Banish 223). To my surprise it was approved in 81 days (a form 4 trust). Now with the super quick times for individual orders, earlier this week I saw a Sandman S in stock and away we go..........

Had I known that the good times were near, I would have got 4 or 5 before everything sold out. Now I have to either be very opportunistic and/or wait for back orders to come in.

I can't blame anyone for wanting to get in the game and stocking up while they can, but it does suck not being able to get what I want.

Ray

This^

It took a while for me to start stamp collecting. I had always wanted a can, but didn't want to wait forever. So, a couple of years ago ordered my first can thinking that if I wanted one, I better suck it up and do what needs to be done. It took 231 days for the approval to come in (Omega 36M). This Feb, I decided I was willing to do the wait again, so I ordered another (Banish 223). To my surprise it was approved in 81 days (a form 4 trust). Now with the super quick times for individual orders, earlier this week I saw a Sandman S in stock and away we go..........

Had I known that the good times were near, I would have got 4 or 5 before everything sold out. Now I have to either be very opportunistic and/or wait for back orders to come in.

I can't blame anyone for wanting to get in the game and stocking up while they can, but it does suck not being able to get what I want.

Ray
What are you trying to get? Did you check capital armory? Things come in and out of stock.

I've been thinking about getting another dedicated 5.56 can, maybe a Surefire SOCOM556 or one of the Huxwrks in 556 or whatever else tickles me at the time.

I haven't tried Capital Armory yet. I've been using Silencer Shop and Silencer Central because I have accounts there and they have everything on file, so easy peasy.

Ray

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads