JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Can't read it without joining or paying. I don't bother with that anymore.
To a brewery closing....You can't swing a dead cat any more without hitting some brewery/brew pub. Not a sign of anything but too many people thinking they can sell $6.00+ pints of nasty, bitter, beer. There have been two brew pubs close within a couple miles of me. And I don't believe it was because of the city turning into garbage. They went down before Mr potato head took over.

Right - add one more reason why some people will avoid Portland - especially downtown; raise the parking rates. Typical bureaucracy/politics.
""t has televised some of the biggest sporting events of the last 65 years. But a week from now, one of the city's oldest sports bars, Claudia's Sports Pub on Southeast Hawthorne, will be closing for good.
The owner of the bar, whose parents started the establishment way back in 1958, believes that it's time to bow out. Martin Spathas said there are a few factors behind the decision, including the crime they've been seeing in the area and the rising cost of running a bar."

https://www.kgw.com/article/money/b...down/283-719f92ca-5a22-4a67-a14f-bed3f680e9c6

""t has televised some of the biggest sporting events of the last 65 years. But a week from now, one of the city's oldest sports bars, Claudia's Sports Pub on Southeast Hawthorne, will be closing for good.
The owner of the bar, whose parents started the establishment way back in 1958, believes that it's time to bow out. Martin Spathas said there are a few factors behind the decision, including the crime they've been seeing in the area and the rising cost of running a bar."

https://www.kgw.com/article/money/b...down/283-719f92ca-5a22-4a67-a14f-bed3f680e9c6
Claudia's was the FIRST bar I went to when I moved to *Portland back on June 7 1983! A mutual friend of ours, work mate of then wife, lived three blocks away from it. I was a Bar-Hoppin', partying Dude back then!

This is terrible. I hope all these woke millennials, and Gen what-ever's, some day suffer for what they've brought to a once great city. A pox on all of them.

* It was "Portland" back then. Now, just potland.

Giving new meaning to the term "Watchman."

"Security guard Shamus Johnson reported that he saw Tran walking back and forth in front of the cafeteria windows several times before watching him "stop at each tree, grab at them with his hands, and pull them downward, breaking them."

Portland fixes downtown drug problem. How? Wheeler and Kotek ban bottle return service. Problem solved in just 3 days says KOIN.

"Signs of improvement coincide with Portland Mayor Ted Wheeler, Oregon Governor Tina Kotek and Multnomah County Chair Jessica Vega Pederson temporarily suspending individual bottle deposits at the Safeway and Plaid Pantry in the area for 30 days, following reports of people using the cash to buy fentanyl.

"I've been here four years and I've never seen that corner of 10th and Jefferson be so clean, calm and normal. I can send my son down there at 10 at night and not worry, and it happened overnight," Martin said."

"Mayor Wheeler is very concerned about the bottle drop recycling at Safeway and other markets across the city," said Cody Bowman, of the Mayor's Office. "We have received numerous complaints from businesses about the Bottle Bill. Mayor Wheeler and his team are working with our state partners to identify ways they can address public safety concerns related to bottle drop recycling centers."

Portland fixes downtown drug problem. How? Wheeler and Kotek ban bottle return service. Problem solved in just 3 days says KOIN.

"Signs of improvement coincide with Portland Mayor Ted Wheeler, Oregon Governor Tina Kotek and Multnomah County Chair Jessica Vega Pederson temporarily suspending individual bottle deposits at the Safeway and Plaid Pantry in the area for 30 days, following reports of people using the cash to buy fentanyl.

"I've been here four years and I've never seen that corner of 10th and Jefferson be so clean, calm and normal. I can send my son down there at 10 at night and not worry, and it happened overnight," Martin said."

"Mayor Wheeler is very concerned about the bottle drop recycling at Safeway and other markets across the city," said Cody Bowman, of the Mayor's Office. "We have received numerous complaints from businesses about the Bottle Bill. Mayor Wheeler and his team are working with our state partners to identify ways they can address public safety concerns related to bottle drop recycling centers."

Sounds like we should maybe do what other States do and be rid completely of bottle deposits/returns? No more paying $0.10 per container, no more getting $14-35 back a day from bottles/cans?

Edit. Remove the incentive to make "side cash" and use for drug money or any other money :rolleyes:

Hell, it can be a living wage roaming the streets, stealing bags of cans to return. Using your food stamps to buy bottled water to dump and get the dime. Car clouts. Sell your free phone to other bums. Buying fentanyl in quantity and sell marked up. All kinds of options for the entrepreneurial street skell's.

And the so-called guvnor thinks she's going to do anything? :s0140:
'Scuze me for being skeptical.

You guys are being way too negative....look at this like the opportunity it is.....

Google search says 653,104 homeless in the USA.

If they all turn in cans and bottles for deposits at a rate of $14-$35 per day, say $24.50 average, that's $16,001,048 per day, $480,031,440 per month....that's $5,760,377,280 per year....

5.7 TRILLIONS DOLLARS per year in unreported/untaxed income in the underground cash economy....

So....we have 85,000 new IRS agents.
I humbly suggest...rather than having 85,000 new IRS agents sitting around fondling one another's private parts...put them to work collecting taxes from unreported income in this section of the underground cash economy.

Assuming a 45% expense ratio we should be able to net right at $3,168,207,504......$3.168 Trillion!!

You guys.......You have to get your heads right.
Start thinking about the glass half full rather than half empty......

Now.....if we can get 30 millions illegal aliens organized to collect bottles and cans......
Opportunity knocks....!

Last Edited:
You guys are being way too negative....look at this like the opportunity it is.....

Google search says 653,104 homeless in the USA.

If they all turn in cans and bottles for deposits at a rate of $14-$35 per day, say $24.50 average, that's $16,001,048 per day, $480,031,440 per month....that's 5,760,377,280 per year....

5.7 TRILLIONS DOLLARS per year in unreported/untaxed income in the underground cash economy....

So....we have 85,000 new IRS agents.
I suggest...rather than having 85,000 new IRS agents sitting around fondling one another's private parts...put them to work collecting , uncollected taxes from this section of the underground cash economy.

Assuming a 45% expense ratio we should be able to net right at $3,168,207,504......

You guys.......You have to get your heads right.
Start thinking about the glass half full rather than half empty......

Now.....if we can get 30 millions illegal aliens organized to collect bottles and cans......
Opportunity knocks....!
You are a funny guy! Confiscate their tents and tarp when they can't pay up! :s0140:

1 person, $24.50 a day, 7 days a week,$171.5 a week, 4.5 weeks a month, $771.50 a month, 12 months, means approximately $9,261 a year "unreported".. but that's for 1 day at 1 location a day. Multiple locations is very likely.

Still "not enough" reportable income to make it out of the no-tax withheld bracket

The retailers have been whining about the Bottle Bill ever since it was first proposed, and have been trying to get it eliminated ever since. This gives them the excuse they need to rid themselves of the burden of handling returned containers.

Expect that the revised Bottle Bill will eliminate all return paths except the green bags and credits to a registered account. The registered account will require a verified address, phone number, and email account. Perhaps even Social Security account number. Refunds only by electronic transfer to verified bank accounts. Perhaps automatic Federal and State withholding tax, applicable to even $0.00 net income because of "money laundering."

Problem solved!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads