JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

Hysteria much?

[h2][/h2]

UK Cops Issue Warning Against "Plastic Gangsters" As 3D-Printed Guns Flood Streets

"extremist pro-gun groups"
" the UK could soon be overrun with the military grade shooters"
" download a blueprint from hacktivist sites"
"far-right maniac "
" imitation Glocks the "weapon of choice"."
"Nazi jailed for trying to build one"

I thought it was everyone?! "The average Joe with no technical experience can make these."
But maybe there should be a law to prevent this:
: "A kid I know makes them for people and he's pretty good at it.

""That's what makes these dangerous - they're sloppy and unprofessional."

Ah, ha
"Officers were told in February to look for telltale signs of 3D printers"
"If we see it we need to ask, why have they got it? What's the purpose of having this?

"This is seriously concerning, it is an unprecedented threat."

I'm starting to think it will be much simpler for everyone in the UK to be just given a list of "Approved things you are allowed to own".... (cans have sharp edges are deemed dangerous) but, I'm thinkin' Monty Python could still write it;

1- Spam (in a paper bag)
2- teacup
3- Spam (in a plastic cup)
4- washcloth
5- Spam (on a biscuit)
6- Spam (in your hand)

Rocks (so long as no sharp edges and you don't know how to knapp)
Sticks (under 1/4" diameter, so long as they aren't sharp)
rope (under1' in length pieces only)
hammers (only 1 oz rubber headed ones)

Loonies. Outlawing knives, how will electricians do their job? Now scared of 3d printers? Mumble.

I print all sorts of handy shapes, shelf bracing brackets for the ammo cabinet was last weekends project. Before that, clips to attach LED lights to the underside of shop overhead storage. Before that a custom wrench to disassemble my silencer.

Also, I like robots.

Also, some complete junk.

And some toys and stuff for the kid.

Recommendations needed:
I have a Glock 30 (.45acp) and I can't find a good CC holster for it. Any help is appreciated. I will finally have my WA permit within weeks. Then I can finally submit my OR/UT paperwork and then wait on those permits! Thanks!

Everyone knows people 3D print fully semi auto single pump bolt action nerf guns in the UK to sell on the AUS black toy market.
THINK OF THE CHILDREN!
I did print one training Glock 19/23/32 in fluorescent yellow. A safety ball for the kids rocket launcher rod.

Once you have a 3D printer and some rudimentary CAD skills a lot of household 'problems' start to look like nails that will fit your new hammer, if you see what I mean.

Article:
"The plastic gangsters are the ones who are using these, because they can't get hold of the real thing.
"That's what makes these dangerous - they're sloppy and unprofessional. Kids who think they're it and they ain't."

Also Article:
It is feared the UK could soon be overrun with the military grade shooters that cost a few hundred pounds to produce and require only a basic understanding of tech to print.

So..which is it Brits? Are these sloppy and unprofessional or military grade?

I did print one training Glock 19/23/32 in fluorescent yellow. A safety ball for the kids rocket launcher rod.

Once you have a 3D printer and some rudimentary CAD skills a lot of household 'problems' start to look like nails that will fit your new hammer, if you see what I mean.
Oh heck yeah! I keep seeing things in my line of work where if I could just design and print I could solve little problems here and there. I just havent taken the 3D plunge yet. One day though!

I once knew a guy that made an assault bat from a tree that fell in his backyard... Now everytime I see someone with a tree in their yard, I have to wonder what their intent is...

:s0143:

3D printers are fun to play with but you better know how to use a CAD program. I was surprised to learn how many high school robotics club members have printers in their bedrooms. Must be trying to print a girlfriend ;)

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top