JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A couple years back me and the wife were hiking into Abiqua Falls and I saw this big fella just sitting there.... I didn't bother him, but it made for a cool photo.

203BEFC3-FC51-453C-B99B-CBDEE4A998C1.jpeg

I know lots of people eat them I have tried them once but it is what it is .I didn't really like them .
Tasted like red Rock crab witch I don't like either I throw them back when I catch them.
I have eaten Crab from all over the best is Dunginess .lol I like king crab also but .du Dunginess is better I think

I never heard they like lettuce mmmm who knew and yep your right I didn't read the thread like I said old THREAD 5 years old .but BACON catches crawdads I geuss Bacon wrapped in lettuce will catch more lol
It was posted today, so i don't forgive you for not reading the post.
And I agree, throw them a meal!

Now i want some of those german cabbage rolls with lamb... thanks a lot, you made me hungry!

They have a crawfish festival in Isleton California where I used to moor some of my larger boats. I like them a lot and people would come by the tens of thousands to eat them. There was a commercial fishing company for them in Thornton California, I knew the guys pretty well but when they wanted to retire, they couldn't find anyone to buy the business so, I bought some of there boats. They made a good living for many decades selling them for food and bait.

Closest place I know of to Eugene is either Siuslaw River or Upper Smith River. I would go to Upper Smith River. It takes about an hour from Eugene and you can catch a couple hundred in an afternoon. If you want specifics just send me a PM.
9A141CC3-78FD-4BE7-8029-AF8D8FF5A8A2.JPG

They have a crawfish festival in Isleton California where I used to moor some of my larger boats. I like them a lot and people would come by the tens of thousands to eat them. There was a commercial fishing company for them in Thornton California, I knew the guys pretty well but when they wanted to retire, they couldn't find anyone to buy the business so, I bought some of there boats. They made a good living for many decades selling them for food and bait.

I LOVE crawdaddies!! Taste just like shrimp to me and shrimps were my fav food until I discovered Japanese sea scallop sushi, sake optional!

We have ruined a lot of good seafood with fish farming. Most of our shrimp come from farms in south east Asia and have little flavor. Last time I was in NC I ate my weight in locally caught wild shrimp it is like they are not even the same critter. I don't know if there is commercial crawdad farming, but the ones I know about are wild caught.....great stuff. The small Oregon bay shrimp still have great flavor, are they farmed? I suspect they are.

Last Edited:
The first time I had prawns in Acapulco I had a gastronomic orgasm. Only a few years later I order prawns in Cabo and while they were good, they weren't nearly as good. Lately, prawns from Safeway just don't cut it.

We have ruined a lot of good seafood with fish farming. Most of our shrimp come from farms in south east Asia and have little flavor. Last time I was in NC I ate my weight in locally caught wild shrimp it is like they are not even the same critter. I don't know if there is commercial crawdad farming, but the ones I know about are wild caught.....great stuff. The small Oregon bay shrimp still have great flavor, are they farmed? I suspect they are.

Down in Louisiana they have crawfish farms- How We Grow Crawfish | Crawfish Farming with Cajun Crawfish

Ray

The first time I had prawns in Acapulco I had a gastronomic orgasm. Only a few years later I order prawns in Cabo and while they were good, they weren't nearly as good. Lately, prawns from Safeway just don't cut it.
I scored some live freshwater prawns at Costco around 15 years ago.. they were about a foot long and awesome..

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top