JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The new habit seems to be riding around with their high beams or brights on, even in city traffic. There's a bunch of drivers in Oregon that are totally clueless…
Problem is most of those blinding a$$ headlights are actually the low beams now :(

EDIT: Which brings to mind another thing that grinds my gears..any new car built in the past five years.

People who asks for advice and suggestions for their gun projects, and then proceed to ignore said good advice and suggestions :s0140:
My wife refers to those people as askholes. I tend to collect them, including family (my mom is the worst) always asking me about x,y or z just to not follow my advice and then complain to me later when they made a bad decision. And I'm not even that wise, so why ask me??

I generally get over things pretty fast, but what really grinds my gears is.........I've worked for the same company for 25 years now, in a seniority based position for the last 23. I survived a huge downsizing five years ago due to Blackrock investments taking over which made work life much harder and uncertain. I finally, finally, FINALLY arrived at the number 1 spot on the roster and I requested a weekend job, FINALLY. The manager told me that he would like one too, and he can't so I can't. Also, what makes me feel like I deserve weekends off? I stated plainly, look I've been here 25 years, working holidays, bad shifts, weird days off and I'm #1! I don't have a relief in my position (he retired) and they're not replacing him. So then my boss claims his boss doesn't have the authority for that which I know is complete and utter B.S. It wasn't that long ago that a twenty year employee could take every holiday off and had weekends. Now the union is nonexistent (except when its dues time), I'm forced to work the holidays and stuck with the job in order to get my pension for a company I can no longer stand. That really, really grinds my gears. I'm thankful to be employed but I hope the company goes bust.......

Calling a business where I'm likely to do business or a F'ing government agency and having to climb through a bunch of options
(push 1, push 2, etc.) and nothing exactly fits my situation. Or trying to get a doctors appointment in this century. Anti 2A's lying
to further their agenda. And that we don't have an age limit on geriatrics being President. And why don't we just nuke Moscow?
Child molesters need to be neutered, male or female, with dull, hot instruments and then thrown to starving hogs.

All the people driving on Mill Plain that think the speed limit is 29mph!

It's 40 you bubblegum bubblegum bubblegum bubblegum bubblegum bubblegum bubblegum idiots!

Hey, I feel a bit better!

People who asks for advice and suggestions for their gun projects, and then proceed to ignore said good advice and suggestions :s0140:
I do that a lot and people sometimes ask me why I ignore their "advice".

Well...

1) I didn't ask for "advice" (I usually do not use that word); I ask for their "feedback" or "opinions" or "experience" - not advice.

2) Often their "advice" doesn't apply to my situation.

3) Their "advice" is offered as an absolute, or without qualifying criteria (or very little) as to why their "advice" is valid for me. Such advice examples are "don't buy Glocks - they are a POS" or "Buy a Glock, it is the best gun and all you will ever need".

4) Contrary "advice". Sometimes one person says a Glock is a POS, and then next says a Glock is the uber-gun. Which one should I believe.

5) I don't ask for feedback in order to please the "advice" giver. I am asking for data points. I really don't care whether my resulting actions please the "advice" giver or not. I care whether the result pleases ME!

Don't like it?

il_300x300.4479631952_8cil.jpg

I do that a lot and people sometimes ask me why I ignore their "advice".

Well...

1) I didn't ask for "advice" (I usually do not use that word); I ask for their "feedback" or "opinions" or "experience" - not advice.

2) Often their "advice" doesn't apply to my situation.

3) Their "advice" is offered as an absolute, or without qualifying criteria (or very little) as to why their "advice" is valid for me. Such advice examples are "don't buy Glocks - they are a POS" or "Buy a Glock, it is the best gun and all you will ever need".

4) Contrary "advice". Sometimes one person says a Glock is a POS, and then next says a Glock is the uber-gun. Which one should I believe.

5) I don't ask for feedback in order to please the "advice" giver. I am asking for data points. I really don't care whether my resulting actions please the "advice" giver or not. I care whether the result pleases ME!

Don't like it?

View attachment 1870497
At the same time we have people like the guy who's the boss of ar and ak :s0140: asking about his harebrained gun design ideas and then ignoring the sound advice given by people...

Now the union is nonexistent (except when its dues time), I'm forced to work the holidays and stuck with the job in order to get my pension for a company I can no longer stand.
Even worse working a government job that's unionized -- the union trumpets its success getting a 1.3% pay raise for the new CBA (when inflation went up 6% over the course of the last CBA) and is only active when you're trying to get some totally incompetent, untrustworthy, never-comes-to-work or commits criminal acts at work employee fired. There's a reason the Democrat party is so beholden to the unions, and vice versa.

What is starting to grind my gears is calling a phone number to fix something screwed up (like your credit card issuer, credit union or worse... Amazon) and getting this message:
"Please listen carefully, as our menu options have changed." Then the voice goes through 12 menu options, none of which you can keep track of, or apply to your situation.

Then, if you do get a human being on the line (after 45 minutes on hold), they speak such heavily accented English that you cannot possibly address your issue with them.

Even worse working a government job that's unionized -- the union trumpets its success getting a 1.3% pay raise for the new CBA (when inflation went up 6% over the course of the last CBA) and is only active when you're trying to get some totally incompetent, untrustworthy, never-comes-to-work or commits criminal acts at work employee fired. There's a reason the Democrat party is so beholden to the unions, and vice versa.

What is starting to grind my gears is calling a phone number to fix something screwed up (like your credit card issuer, credit union or worse... Amazon) and getting this message:
"Please listen carefully, as our menu options have changed." Then the voice goes through 12 menu options, none of which you can keep track of, or apply to your situation.

Then, if you do get a human being on the line (after 45 minutes on hold), they speak such heavily accented English that you cannot possibly address your issue with them.
I had an issue with my phone yesterday and finally wound up calling back 5 freaking times before I got someone I could understand!

I had an issue with my phone yesterday and finally wound up calling back 5 freaking times before I got someone I could understand!
You guys think you have it tough with accents?

Add in the fact that I am half deaf & that I have problems with fast speech (I have always had problems with processing words, especially when people talk fast). Add an accent on top of that and I am always telling people to slow down, speak clearly and sometimes - like yesterday, to turn their volume down because it distorts their voice. Worse is when they are soft spoken.

Which brings up something that annoys me; when people KNOW I have a hearing problem and do not even try to accommodate me by adjusting their speech and/or repeating what they said. Worse yet are the ones that get visibly annoyed and even worse, just give up and say "forget it". I had a few people at work who were like that - pissed me off. :s0054:

Glad I don't have to deal with people on a daily basis anymore. :mad:

Nothing worse than AT&T. My mom died last year, and I had a heckuva time getting her cell phone cancelled. It took several calls to a crowded (I could tell by the background noise) call center where English was a third language. I carefully made notes of each and every call. Her phone continued to show as active. After about 10 weeks, I was ready to blow a gasket. Then they sent a bill with late charges. I called yet again and asked them if they really late charged dead people. After about ten seconds of dead silence, she finally said "unfortunately yes". I pretty much lost it at that point. Eventually they sent me a refund. What was extra comical was each and every call they tried to get me to transfer her plan over to me or someone else in the family. They actually asked me up front whether they could use information they gathered during the call to solicit me for their products. I told them "definitely not", but then they went ahead and did it anyway. :s0118::s0118::s0118:

Which brings up something that annoys me; when people KNOW I have a hearing problem and do not even try to accommodate me by adjusting their speech and/or repeating what they said.
I feel your pain. Unfortunately for me, the person described above is my wife. Other than that, she's a great catch.

Stupidity like distracted driving is wrong if you use a cell phone but new cars today have a big as a laptop screen to play with while you drive and they even have commercials of people playing games while driving. Hang up and drive, er, get off my lawn, er, something.

Stupidity like distracted driving is wrong if you use a cell phone but new cars today have a big as a laptop screen to play with while you drive and they even have commercials of people playing games while driving. Hang up and drive, er, get off my lawn, er, something.
My screen is simplistic. It will not even show (or read them to me) texts or emails if the car is moving.

Mostly I just use it for listening to the radio and occasionally, like yesterday, connecting to my phone to play the Google maps voice over the car speakers. Occasionally (once or twice a year) I will answer (or less often make) a phone call. Other than it isn't very capable - its nav map sucks, which is why I use my phone - and that is not very often as 99% of the time I know how to get somewhere.

Our latest car has a LARGE screen for all the "crap" but, it does not let you use most of it while vehicle is in motion which was nice. Kind of frustrating if passenger wants to do something on it but I can see why they did it this way. It will let you talk to it while driving. That took a little getting used to but after getting the hang of it, love it. Wife gets annoyed at me when someone sits at a green light and I yell out "put the damn phone down and drive now'!!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top