JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Got everything delivered today:

The CVLife scope (seems ok - haven't tested it beyond sitting in my living room)
The stud finder
The welder
The Bulgur wheat (https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/amazon-bulgur-wheat-05-06-per-ounce.480115/#post-3849357)

Yesterday I picked up a threaded barrel with AC comp from an NWFA member here. Tried it with some CCI Blazer ammo. Got one stovepipe. Going to test again later when the weather allows - try with and without the comp. Might have to try a different recoil spring. Seemed like there was less muzzle rise though. I don't think that comp is going to fit in any of my holsters but I have not tried it yet.

Got another threaded barrel coming in the mail from SIGTalk - that will give me three 9mm threaded barrels for my three 226s - now I need to get another for .45 ACP (I already have two) and three for .40 S&W for the three 226s. I think I want one or two for my 224 - one in .40, and maybe a threaded conversion barrel in 9mm.

Yeah that is closer - but I found something used on CL for $160

That said, I might make one; I was thinking of getting some IBC totes to make a firepump skid. Then it occured to me that one of those totes with the top of the plastic tank would be a good part of a garden cart - if I put an axle and wheels on it, and some handles, then I would have what I want.

Yeah that is closer - but I found something used on CL for $160

That said, I might make one; I was thinking of getting some IBC totes to make a firepump skid. Then it occured to me that one of those totes with the top of the plastic tank would be a good part of a garden cart - if I put an axle and wheels on it, and some handles, then I would have what I want.
Well. Old wheelchair wheels with solid tires and quick release axle stubs

Edit. One of those really sturdy cargo boxes for vehicles may be the ideal guinea pig for this idea, if you can find a way to attach the axles

Might be able to jury-rig something with wheelchair quick release axle stubs, if the axle mounts on garden carts are the right diameter. I'll have a look at my mom's two garden carts. I have one of those little folding carts with solid plastic wheels and it's not quite "off-roadable" but good for parks
I was specifically addressing the linked Harbor Freight "Utility Cart," since Heretic's only comment on it was that the wheels were too small. $170 and carries 1200 lb. Sides fold down, converts to flatbed.

I watched the Harbor Freight video on the Utility Cart, and now I'm even more impressed. "Near zero-turn" radius; handle grip can be removed from handle to connect to a lawn tractor; and it has a removable bed liner. The sides can be folded down or removed completely.

It lists dimensions as 48x24 inches, I guess that's just the bed and not including the handle. 13 inch tires.

Trying to convince myself I need one. A month ago I was in HF and I came across one on display, very sturdy looking.

Doing some work on a friend's 3-wheeler which these days is my cherriot for cruising the property prepping for the end of days...

First day, extra lighting.

20240428_123826.jpg

We flattened out and cleared the garden area of all the bunchgrass and weeds with the tractor. I also planted sunflowers all along the fence so that I will be able to see them from my office window.

Got another 9mm threaded barrel for my 226s - that makes three in 9mm.

Now I need two more for my 227s (my Tactical came with one), three more in .40 for the 226s, and one in .40 for my 224 (plus one in 9mm). I wouldn't mind a couple for my 2022/2340, but not sure anybody makes them.

I tested an AC compensator on a 226 over the weekend, and ordered some lighter recoil springs to make it work with non +P ammo (so far it works only with +P).

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top