JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Supposedly, and I can't confirm, men going to the gym is in decline so the mob may not be as large as usual this month. Two reasons. Most people are really having to tighten their belts financially as the economy continues its decline. It isn't just gyms fees, but the time lost in travel, gas, etc. Home/garage gyms are booming.

The other is the 304s have taken over a lot of gyms with their cameras and obnoxious behavior. Again, can't confirm because it is not a big deal at the gyms I frequent. If a girl 1/3 my age wants to strut around taking video of herself bending over who am I to object?

It was the C19 lockdowns that really punished gyms and many are still recovering from those draconian measures to this day. Idiocy lingers on as there is always at least one person still wearing a face diaper in fear of a rabid gym germ floating in the air.

Last Edited:
I can confirm that my gym was not nearly as busy as I thought it was going to be. It was busier than usual with some new faces, but not the mob I was anticipating.

On another note, I got pretty sick today after leg day so I'll probably recuperate until Monday. I feel like bubblegum but tested negative for covid. I think it's the flu.

Many weeks ago messed up my left wrist but just ignored the chronic pain and wore a brace and continued to work out like an idiot. The worst is jolting pain that would wake me up at night.

A few day ago I decided to let my wrist finally heal so it is just cardio, legs, ABs, whatever doesn't involved that wrist.

NOT a gym injury, just being real-life stupid.

Tried to find the scene where John Wayne teased Glenn Campbell over his 'wittle wrist' injury in True Grit.

Last Edited:
The New Year's resolution thing might be something from the past. No big crowds. People are just so lazy and mind numbed now, I get it. Fine by me. No one cares cause obesity is accepted now as wonderful.

Last Edited:
Crazy Legs.jpg

Entitled GenZ women at the gym. I find them to be more entertaining than annoying. Happy to make sure I walk through what they see as their 'personal space' as much as possible.

Last Edited:
Supposedly, and I can't confirm, men going to the gym is in decline so the mob may not be as large as usual this month. Two reasons. Most people are really having to tighten their belts financially as the economy continues its decline. It isn't just gyms fees, but the time lost in travel, gas, etc. Home/garage gyms are booming.

The other is the 304s have taken over a lot of gyms with their cameras and obnoxious behavior. Again, can't confirm because it is not a big deal at the gyms I frequent. If a girl 1/3 my age wants to strut around taking video of herself bending over who am I to object?

It was the C19 lockdowns that really punished gyms and many are still recovering from those draconian measures to this day. Idiocy lingers on as there is always at least one person still wearing a face diaper in fear of a rabid gym germ floating in the air.

It's stuffed to the gills with 304s and beta Boyz at my local gym. Parking is non-existent. Sometimes I think I'm the only person there who's actually lifting to lift, not just take selfies and pose for the gram.

Also, I really, REALLY hate ego lifters who can't perform full reps. Just gets under my skin so gosh darn bad.

It's stuffed to the gills with 304s and beta Boyz at my local gym. Parking is non-existent. Sometimes I think I'm the only person there who's actually lifting to lift, not just take selfies and pose for the gram.

Also, I really, REALLY hate ego lifters who can't perform full reps. Just gets under my skin so gosh darn bad.
Yes, I see guys trying to lift heavy weight with absolute bubblegum form swinging their whole body into the repetition instead of isolating the muscle group with appropriate weight. I'm not saying you shouldn't push boundaries, but I am saying don't do garbage sets trying to ego lift. Anyone who knows what they're doing in the gym knows that you don't.

And yeah, lots of folks lounging on the machines looking at their phones.

I've seen some absolutely ridiculous bubblegum over the years at my gym: one guy kicking a soccer ball around in front of the dumbbell rack right on the main area of the free weight section, another guy doing his Kung fu kata in the same location, dude throwing his hands around rapping to an invisible audience. The list goes on and on.

Men who worry about what women think about them at the gym need to get a clue and entire ignore their presence.

Women are superficial. Their first thought when checking out a guy is 'what will my friends think of him.'

So as far as the gym, they are looking for a handsome face FIRST, then tall, then third place - a lean, muscular build. If you are ugly or short it won't matter if you have the perfect muscular build. Women are MORE superficial than men. Post SM/2007, times that by 50x.
Well. At least I'm tall.

Men who worry about what women think about them at the gym need to get a clue and entire ignore their presence.

Women are superficial. Their first thought when checking out a guy is 'what will my friends think of him.'

So as far as the gym, they are looking for a handsome face FIRST, then tall, then third place - a lean, muscular build. If you are ugly or short it won't matter if you have the perfect muscular build. Women are MORE superficial than men. Post SM/2007, times that by 50x.
Well. At least I'm tall.
Well, good for you! So, what does a short, fat, but ruggedly handsome fella like me have to do to attain the attention of the ladies...??? o_O

Sobo_before.JPG

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads