JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Perry is 72, he was waiting on riders half his age. Changed his lifestyle after a heart attack.

Screenshot_20240425-102232.png

Chest and Biceps day today. 184 lbs on the bench press today: two sets for 4 reps each set. đź’Ş I do two 45 plates before that to warm up, then those two working sets, then gradually remove weight for higher reps.

Not too shabby at all for an old guy!

41 fallen trees cut out yesterday, rainy but still fun. Only about two miles of trail until we hit snow.

View attachment 1872125
Really appreciate the work you and your buds do clearing the trails of blowdowns, Jay! I can't hike anymore, but BITD when I backpacked much of the PCT and other trails around the state (and elsewhere, too), I always silently thanked the tough folks that did that. I've hiked miles of trails that never see any maintenance, and I can tell you, that is some serious work with 40 lbs on your back! :eek:

Really appreciate the work you and your buds do clearing the trails of blowdowns, Jay! I can't hike anymore, but BITD when I backpacked much of the PCT and other trails around the state (and elsewhere, too), I always silently thanked the tough folks that did that. I've hiked miles of trails that never see any maintenance, and I can tell you, that is some serious work with 40 lbs on your back! :eek:
Thank you so much for the kind words Sobo, I am not as gung ho as I was back in my 40's but it is still pretty fun. Only 209 miles of trail to go. I focus mostly on the alpine trails along the north side of the Lewis River. Luckily there is multiple crews out, near our group of three yesterday was also a Son and His father that are die hard faithful and a retired Forest Service Guy that was digging in water bars at 75 or 76 years old? I see some videos showing good progress on the Randle area trails too. Going to be a great year.

It is nice that some long term injuries and pain very slowly seem to go away with time, mostly due to proper nutrition.

For years I could never do hammer curls even with light weights. Now I can work up to 35lb dumbbells with very strict form. Holding the weight for 1-3 seconds at the top and squeezing for all I can in the last set lowering the weight slowly. No jerking around, no body English.

Used to have pain during and after, comparable to tennis elbow. Now no pain except the good pain. Happy.
Perhaps another reason was I used to arm wrestle friends, which is dumb and asking for LT injuries.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews