JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
First time I saw AI was a buddys

First time I saw a AI case was a 30-06. I had all kinds of questions.

Ladder test ammo.jpg

Decided my 300WM is useful for everything. black Bear and cougar in ID the next few weekends, then deer in WA state later in the year. Just a run of the mill Remington 700 with a timney trigger and a Vortex 4x16 scope. 150gr for deer, and 180gr for the predators. Thinking about trying to shoot some coyotes with it sometime this year also.

Probably won't be hunting this year. Feeling pretty burnt out, need to decide if it's really for me
Last year was the first deer season since I started my own business. While I probably should have devoted a lot of time to hunting, I just wasn't "in" to it last year.
I think I am going to move a game camera today and see if I can find another "sweet spot" on our property to hang a stand. I have one good place already, but will probably have the wife in that spot again this year.

Savage 11 in 30-06 if I was going. Both of my hunting buddies left the state and my other options live in OR so out of state tags are a no go for any of us.

Honestly, I got tired of hunting public lands. I much prefer private but haven't had a ton of success with that in the past.

I just picked up my 264 winchester from Vezley today. If I can work up a load between now and October I may take it- if not I will take my ruger 1b in 270 winchester..

Last Edited:
Decided my 300WM is useful for everything. black Bear and cougar in ID the next few weekends, then deer in WA state later in the year. Just a run of the mill Remington 700 with a timney trigger and a Vortex 4x16 scope. 150gr for deer, and 180gr for the predators. Thinking about trying to shoot some coyotes with it sometime this year also.
I have seen a couple of deer almost completely ruined with a .300 WM. granted the angles weren't ideal, just a tad too much gun for deer in most cases in my opinion. not running the cartridge down, in fact I like it for the larger critters.

This is the buck I was after last year. I found the sheds in July. Haven't been able to get to his domain this year yet due to snow. I hope he made it another year. Finding his sheds again is probably a million-to-one shot but you can't blame a guy for trying.

IMG_8017.JPG IMG_8018.JPG

54 cal Lyman black powder rifle and SS Tikka T3's in 7mm-08 and 30-06.

My youngest tagged her first deer with the 7mm-08 last year.
View attachment 1870768

My oldest tagged her second elk with her 30-06 last year.
View attachment 1870770

I have three "mountain" rifles, all <7lbs with glass.
  • Rem 600 Mohawk in .243 Win
  • Savage 16 in .260 Rem
  • Ruger M77 Hawkeye in 7-08 Rem
Haven't decided yet.
Great pictures.
I have seen a couple of deer almost completely ruined with a .300 WM. granted the angles weren't ideal, just a tad too much gun for deer in most cases in my opinion. not running the cartridge down, in fact I like it for the larger critters.
I have a deer with a 300 WM my self. Just wanted the gun to have a kill on it.

Savage 11 in 30-06 if I was going. Both of my hunting buddies left the state and my other options live in OR so out of state tags are a no go for any of us.

Honestly, I got tired of hunting public lands. I much prefer private but haven't had a ton of success with that in the past.
It does suck getting out there by yourself. I am fortunate to have two brothers that go with me. We talk alot about hunting private lands, but we manage to kill on public land every year. It's a grind don't get me wrong. My advice to you is get out there for the hunt and not the animal.

Antique half octagen 38-40 Winchester. Looks different now. Just relined bore being I wasn't told it had a 44-40 chamber on a 38-40 barrel.. so new bore an being I did that I'm re doing the whole rifle. I plan on shooting Alot of deer with this one over the years as I brush hunt. Got a good load with 180's at 1850fps average.

received_924675379147290~2.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top