JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Makes it more difficult to buy , own and store... a "Semiautomatic Assault Rifle*" , what ever that is ...more on that later...
(* wordage from the actual text )
Pushes for a age of 21 to own a semi auto rifle
Training required to own a semi auto rifle..
Waiting period and "enhanced background check " similar to a handgun , for the purchasing of a semi auto rifle...

Towards the bottom of the text the description of a "Semiautomatic Assault Rifle " reads :
"Any rifle which utilizes a portion of the energy of a firing cartridge to extract the fired cartridge case and chamber the next round, and which requires a separate pull of the trigger to fire each cartridge."
Which to me sounds just like any old Semi Auto rifle that has been around for a 100 years or so....
There is also no provision for caliber ...so a Browning .22 Auto , a design that has been around for a 100 years or so and still in production...would be included as well as the ever popular Ruger 10/22....

There is also safe storage requirements as well.....

The complete text is available online as a PDF...just look up I1639...
Andy

Good Lord! Isn't there a limit to the number of items that can be included on one ballot measure? Is there a new state registration too?

Some bubbleguming Hippy is outside of the College Place WalMart pestering people to sign and "raise the age to purchase to 21" without saying anything about what else i1639 does.

WTF.jpg

For any Washington residents that would like to help fight this.... a local gun store "Sporting Systems"... is giving away yard signs, pamphlets, and stickers. You can grab some to help spread the word.
20180924_153839.jpg

This is one of the yard signs they're giving away. They go quick, but they're having more printed all the time. They have lots of bumper stickers, and pamphlets that you could hand out.

Please help by spreading the word.

Good Lord! Isn't there a limit to the number of items that can be included on one ballot measure? Is there a new state registration too?

Some bubbleguming Hippy is outside of the College Place WalMart pestering people to sign and "raise the age to purchase to 21" without saying anything about what else i1639 does.
I believe I-1639 IS a registration scheme. I-594 effectively registered all handguns bought or sold from the day it was passed. Now it's time to go after all semi auto rifles.

For any Washington residents that would like to help fight this.... a local gun store "Sporting Systems"... is giving away yard signs, pamphlets, and stickers. You can grab some to help spread the word.
View attachment 502467

This is one of the yard signs they're giving away. They go quick, but they're having more printed all the time. They have lots of bumper stickers, and pamphlets that you could hand out.

Please help by spreading the word.
An address to this place might help....

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews