JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If you've seen a beretta bobcat or a Walther PPKs in 380 there's no thread adapters, nothing to thread at all and from what I've been led to believe was they were the best at getting permanently fixed thread adapters onto those guns. If it was a rifle barrel yes I could've found a million people including myself to thread it. So they've done perfectly everytime before with a week or two lead time from start to finished and on my door I thought they were a bargain and I was giving a good company my loyalty and trust. It wasn't until after I started to feel like something was off I started googling about them and heard all kinds of wild stuff like don't send him anything he won't respond and he'll keep your gun that's when I got worried. But now at least I have an email on their company letterhead saying that they've received it, so if they try anything funny I have more than my word against his. In hindsight I'll probably never use them again.
I thread barrels every day. Adapters too. Its not rocket science. Lots of people do it.

I thread barrels every day. Adapters too. Its not rocket science. Lots of people do it.
How would you thread this? And have you?

IMG_5756.jpeg IMG_5755.jpeg

Darn it, I thought we had an Archer gun for a minute there.

View attachment 1844217
Actually I don't know why the same technique for 22's wouldn't work for larger calibers. Ie add a barrel extension that is threaded.

For the s&w, hk, beretta, walther, colt 22s the barrel is threaded inside the slide (it has a little thread protector that unscrews. Then you screw on an extension which has threads outside the slide. Maybe that would make the barrel too weak or something though for .380 or 9mm I dunno. As I recall for the Jericho 9mm Tornado technologies adds an extension to the barrel. I don't know how they do it for the others.

Last Edited:
I'm sure the new members come here because Tornado Technologies shows up on a Google search in northwestfirearms.com. And they're hoping some local can share some insight. Too bad they didn't do that search before they sent their firearms.

I think people may be objecting to people who come on here for one reason, to complain about a business, and offer nothing else.
Personally, I don't find it objectionable for people to use the site as a resource for problem solving. If there is any public service aspect to the internet, this is surely an example.

Actually I don't know why the same technique for 22's wouldn't work for larger calibers. Ie add a barrel extension that is threaded.

For the s&w, hk, beretta, walther, colt 22s the barrel is threaded inside the slide (it has a little thread protector that unscrews. Then you screw on an extension which has threads outside the slide. Maybe that would make the barrel too weak or something though for .380 or 9mm I dunno. As I recall for the Jericho 9mm Tornado technologies adds an extension to the barrel. I don't know how they do it for the others.
I did a CZ 50 in 32 ACP the other day . It just depends how much meat is on the barrel . Walther PP and PPKs have plenty of meat on the barrel and press out easily . Some people do them internally which I don't like much not that it doesn't work . It's just a lot more difficult

Yeah, that's the problem. The address listed on their site is the UPS station on Imbrie Dr. I realize it's because they don't have a brick and mortar anymore. Can't really drop by in person.
Behind old Oregon guns and ammunition store is where I've always went fwiw. I think that's where they do all their work and shop is etc. maybe they aren't there at all now though I don't know. Edit: just looked at google maps and looks like there is a car tinting place there now fwiw.

2E8AB71A-4D99-41EA-BAF8-03F248554BAC.png

Behind old Oregon guns and ammunition store is where I've always went fwiw. I think that's where they do all their work and shop is etc. maybe they aren't there at all now though I don't know. Edit: just looked at google maps and looks like there is a car tinting place there now fwiw.

View attachment 1844386
No, they closed because the lease holder is anti gun, they wouldn't renew OR Guns, or TT.

Use the ATF FFL EZ-Check to verify status of an FFL.
Tornado Technologies current FFL # is 9-93-009-07-6B-01937. Enter the FFL # in the above database for an actual address.
I would not show up unannounced at that address, but the information would be helpful for legal filings and process servers.

ETA: link to the ATF EZ-Check : https://fflezcheck.atf.gov/FFLEzCheck/fflSearch
Thanks. Feels doxxy though.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews