JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am not an enviro-nut or climate change fanboi but I do believe there are too many people in this world. We are sucking up resources and polluting our environments with chemicals, particulates, garbage, radiation, light, noise, pavement, etc, etc, etc. Populations around the globe continue to achieve higher standards of living which results in more extraction of resources and more pollution. Traffic in urban areas is nuts, who knows where all the garbage goes. Medical advancements are keeping people alive for longer and some countries are expected to have population explosions over the coming decades. I can't comprehend how the planet is going to continue to provide increasing amounts of natural resources for increasing populations?

Our garbage can is shared by about a dozen people and it looks like this every week.

20220516_073830.jpg

I met a guy, a transplant to Oregon, who stated "There's plenty of room here!"

He's one of those types that doesn't realize he is part of the problem, letting where he came from go to crap, and then doing the same crap to where they are next.

Maybe we need some kind of pandemic...
JcfRBKFHeETXetp9RfK6nsiUmYLWFdRCCat_RxgijZ4.png

-Robert

I met a guy, a transplant to Oregon, who stated "There's plenty of room here!"

He's one of those types that doesn't realize he is part of the problem, letting where he came from go to crap, and then doing the same crap to where they are next.

Maybe we need some kind of pandemic...
View attachment 1200594

-Robert
I honestly thought that covid might have had a chance at reducing the resource suck but I think it made it worse. We had almost 75,000,000 people born in 2021 and less than 7 million exit from the covid pandemic. Meanwhile we used massive amounts of materials to protect the almost 8,000,000,000 people already here.

I can imagine if there was a planet conscious group of aliens watching us from above they would be flabbergasted at what we are doing.

Kudos to the younger generations here in the States who are not having kids but other cultures are going to make up for it.

The Social Security ponzi scheme depends on the population growth as does our economy. Once you start explosive growth you can't stop without feeling a bunch of pain.

Over population is a real problem.

We are already experiencing what happens when you cannot adequately supply the people.

And this birth rate is just not sustainable. We need a plague, a real one, and not the Chinese engineered kind. Won't be long before solent green is a real thing.

Last Edited:
Hitler, Mao, Stalin, Idi Amin, The Khmer Rouge and demonrats agree.
They just wanted their political opponents dead, they were not particularly anti-natalist in broad strokes.

Except the demonrats of course. They hate babies. And eat them.

I am pretty sure everybody who disagrees with me eats babies. Even the ones who pretend to like them.
suspicious homer simpson GIF

According to the goog the fertility rate in US circa 2019 was 1.7. At that rate our population is on the decline. I haven't looked but I've heard our near peer adversaries have a similar issue.

The life expectancy in the US circa 1775 was 36. Food for thought.

I am not an enviro-nut or climate change fanboi but I do believe there are too many people in this world. We are sucking up resources and polluting our environments with chemicals, particulates, garbage, radiation, light, noise, pavement, etc, etc, etc. Populations around the globe continue to achieve higher standards of living which results in more extraction of resources and more pollution. Traffic in urban areas is nuts, who knows where all the garbage goes. Medical advancements are keeping people alive for longer and some countries are expected to have population explosions over the coming decades. I can't comprehend how the planet is going to continue to provide increasing amounts of natural resources for increasing populations?

Our garbage can is shared by about a dozen people and it looks like this every week.

View attachment 1200568
You have echoed my thoughts exactly. It goes deeper, but my fingers would cramp should
I decide to type it all here.

I have always wondered why the people who scream "over population" never volunteer to go? I have been reading that we were all going to starve since the 60's. Even then I used to wonder why the "smart people" writing about this did not volunteer to be gone to "help the world"? Always figured they had to "think" they were too important and "others" should go? :s0092:

I have always wondered why the people who scream "over population" never volunteer to go? I have been reading that we were all going to starve since the 60's. Even then I used to wonder why the "smart people" writing about this did not volunteer to be gone to "help the world"? Always figured they had to "think" they were too important and "others" should go? :s0092:
I think it's more about the addition of new people. At a local level we see the impacts as higher housing prices, higher taxes, higher utility bills to pay for increases in capacity, increased traffic, higher prices for goods, higher medical cost and long wait times for everything, harder time getting campground reservations, etc.

We don't really see the natural resource and pollution impacts as much.

According to the goog the fertility rate in US circa 2019 was 1.7. At that rate our population is on the decline. I haven't looked but I've heard our near peer adversaries have a similar issue.

The life expectancy in the US circa 1775 was 36. Food for thought.
I have seen similar numbers and wonder how immigration was added to the calculations. I think the US birth rate per capita peaked around 1968. My mom had 6 kids total, 4 with my dad. My ex and I produced two. My dad remarried a lady that had 8 kids, after splitting with my mom. My wife had one. There is definitely a decline in the US which is positive in my mind.

Social Security will suffer unless they raise contribution rates or immigrants pay in more.

You have echoed my thoughts exactly. It goes deeper, but my fingers would cramp should
I decide to type it all here.
THIS!

Thank you.

Old Lady Cate

PS: I never had any children with my late husband. We were only married to one another for over 30 years.

I have mentored some children in my life. Believe it or not, my late husband and I were good with kids. They LISTENED to us more than their parents many times too. Their parents were CLOSE friends of ours. The kids knew that we had RULES in and out of our home and how they should behave if we took them out too.

I PREFER puppies and dogs more than most people including kids even though I do not have a puppy or a dog now.

View attachment 1200568
I do NOT believe in MANY medical procedures and so called ADVANCEMENTS.

I never did.

I do believe in some of them.

This goes for people in ALL age groups depending on their SPECIFIC medical issues AT HAND but ESPECIALLY where some person (Relative, friend or AUTHORITY FIGURE.) wants to keep a 'glorified vegetable' of a human being ALIVE on all kinds of machines and tubes just so they keep them 'alive' with some freaking breathing machine and other devices!

I have had my medical living will written down and my wishes known, VERBALLY, along with my other papers (Will, POA, etc.) since I was a young lady too. I keep them updated on a regular basis too.

Old Lady Cate

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads