JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Exactly. Good clean calories, not salty fat soaked ones. Fast food sucks. The taste isn't even all that good.

When my father was in hospice, he used to sneak beer and liquor even though he wasn't supposed to. He was a lifelong alcoholic. He would tell me "I only drink because I like the taste" which was BS of course. I always thought that was a really immature answer. Grown adults should be able to control what they put in their bodies with better decision making than "It tastes good".
Many will say stuff like that when its already too late. At that point why not. One of Wife's siblings drank themselves to death. The Doctors saved them one time and they went back to the drink till they had Pancreatic Cancer. After they were told times up they lived with us till very close to the end. They still drank only now on Morphine they did not consume much. Some of the other siblings used to complain about how we were doing it since the one dying was always not quite all there on the drugs. Every time one of them said it in my presence I would offer to pack up their stuff and send them home with them to take care of. None of them of course wanted that. So they soon learned to keep their opinion to themselves when I was around. I was a little surprised at how the Hospice RN who would stop by to check would just hand me more Morphine as needed. Guess I did not look like someone who was going to do criminal stuff with it but it still kind of shocked me considering the way they seemed to go on full alert when I would fill my Oxi prescriptions at the pharmacy.

Many will say stuff like that when its already too late. At that point why not. One of Wife's siblings drank themselves to death. The Doctors saved them one time and they went back to the drink till they had Pancreatic Cancer. After they were told times up they lived with us till very close to the end. They still drank only now on Morphine they did not consume much. Some of the other siblings used to complain about how we were doing it since the one dying was always not quite all there on the drugs. Every time one of them said it in my presence I would offer to pack up their stuff and send them home with them to take care of. None of them of course wanted that. So they soon learned to keep their opinion to themselves when I was around. I was a little surprised at how the Hospice RN who would stop by to check would just hand me more Morphine as needed. Guess I did not look like someone who was going to do criminal stuff with it but it still kind of shocked me considering the way they seemed to go on full alert when I would fill my Oxi prescriptions at the pharmacy.
That's the thing. Many WILL say that when it's too late but why exacerbate it? The doctor told my dad that he needed to stop all alcohol consumption before he was even on hospice. Did he stop? Nope. Maybe for a day or two then he was back at it. He knew it was killing him yet he kept going even when he was placed in hospice. The booze was more important than living to him. I ditched the sauce almost 5 years ago....in fact it was seeing my father in hospice barely able to move and using two hands to tip a beer bottle into his mouth that did it for me. It was honestly sad and pathetic to watch. It was all I needed to give up drinking and make better decisions. I feel like some people do that with fast food as well but I digress. Apologies for the thread drift. Self control is a topic I get passionate about.

That's the thing. Many WILL say that when it's too late but why exacerbate it? The doctor told my dad that he needed to stop all alcohol consumption before he was even on hospice. Did he stop? Nope. Maybe for a day or two then he was back at it. He knew it was killing him yet he kept going even when he was placed in hospice. The booze was more important than living to him. I ditched the sauce almost 5 years ago....in fact it was seeing my father in hospice barely able to move and using two hands to tip a beer bottle into his mouth that did it for me. It was honestly sad and pathetic to watch. It was all I needed to give up drinking and make better decisions. I feel like some people do that with fast food as well but I digress. Apologies for the thread drift. Self control is a topic I get passionate about.
I quit seven years ago, thankfully. Now I'm perfect.

not really

Its really sad to watch someone you love do that to themselves. They often do not really seem to "think" about how what they are doing is effecting those around them who have to watch it happen. I hope he can find more peace in the next life than he could in this one. Working in health care I often get to see the results of those who drink to the point they are addicted. The withdrawal process is amazing to see first hand even when they are heavily drugged to help them get past it. I have often said we should be able to video it to show others before its too late. Might make a few of them stop before its too damn late. :(

1714833708254.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR