JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Good morning NWFA! Got some errands to run this morning so, got my loadout and hitting the road.

thumbnail_IMG_0599.jpg

Good Morning NWFA!

I am getting a LATTE start to the day.

UIxXz.png

Rocking the chemex I see. What's the stainless tool in the lower part of this pic?
Making coffee with a Hario manual grinder and the Chemex is more time consuming than other options, but it does produce a smooth sediment free cup.
Xaevian answered your question correctly. Headspace & Timing Gauge for the 50cal BMG.

Ha, I missed that! Weird, mine dosnt look anything like that one though! Must be an earlier version!
We had to purchase some, barter with other units for some, and even had a machine shop in the PNW make a few. This looks like a one we purchased and it appears to be unused.

Edit to Add: I forgot to include the coffee in the photo. AVA Roasteria 😍

UIqa.jpg

The bag is almost MT
.... 🥺

Last Edited:
Making coffee with a Hario manual grinder and the Chemex is more time consuming than other options, but it does produce a smooth sediment free cup.
Xaevian answered your question correctly. Headspace & Timing Gauge for the 50cal BMG.
Yes I'm familiar with the pour over and benefits of said.

What grind is your preferred?

I thought for sure @Xaevian was talking crap. Interesting.

Oh the days of NCO coffee! Drink it and then use it as Non-Skid!🤣
I swear, ours was left over Sludge from the Jet Fuel Truck, filtered through day old Cofveve grounds, but it worked!

My last few deployments, everyone brought their fav. Blends along, so we had plenty of our own and no more gov supplied black goo in a mug!
Some of the wives even sent fancy flavorings and creamers, that was awesome!

Yes I'm familiar with the pour over and benefits of said.

What grind is your preferred?

I thought for sure @Xaevian was talking crap. Interesting.
I use a medium-coarse grind for the Chemex. No weighing just eyeballing.
Also do some French Press if I find the right beans.
I have a Breville Barista Express that I depend on most of the time.
AVA Blend is decent, Caffe Umbria Gusto Crema is okay too. Truthfully, I am not really that picky. Mostly just happy to be able to enjoy a coffee and watch the sun come up for another day.

Nope, used one exactly like that on the commander's .50 BMG on our M1A1, chain and all. It made for a good morning then, too! The coffee was a bit more...robust though.
No Tanker Brew this morning, I couldn't find any JP-8, and I am fresh out of Copenhagen. :D
I did sprinkle some fines on top for an added bite.☕

What era were you between the tracks?

Good Morning NWFA! 0615 80*F
UIebr.jpg

Gieco says the World doesn't need anymore acronyms! But, I'm saying, "TGIF NWFA!" anyway!😂👍

Hope everyone has a safe day headed into the weekend!

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top