JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
<broken link removed>

----------

AUSTIN, Texas ( <broken link removed> ) - A man was injured in Titus County, Texas, near Dallas, when he accidentally shot himself in the leg after grabbing a handgun he thought to be a flashlight.

According to Texas Parks and Wildlife game wardens, the man was preparing for deer season on his hunting lease around 9 p.m. on Aug. 5. When driving his ATV back to the house, a battery on the seat next to him fell to the floor.

In the darkness, he reached for what he thought was his spotlight to try and find the battery. What he grabbed, however, was his Glock Model 22.

When he pulled what he thought was the switch, he fired a round into his upper leg.

The man told game wardens the grip of the spotlight and the grip of the handgun had the same feel.

He drove himself to the house and then 25 minutes to the hospital.

Doctors say the bullet missed bone and major arteries, and the man was discharged with no complications.

He's expected to make a full recovery.

I don't see the problem.
When the power goes out here I always grab my
Ruger to help me light the way to the generator.
The .22 is a bit small but the .45 gives off plenty of light.

I did the same thing when I used the bathroom at night, I accidentally thought a 6 D cell Battery mag light was.......
well sure its a common mistake:rolleyes:

What could possibly go wrong?

upload_2018-8-16_13-18-38.png

If you shoot a flintlock at night and pack enough powder down the bore and in the pan...it can really "light things up" ...so to speak.

That said...the story in the OP smells a bit like salmon or trout to me ....:eek::D
Andy

I don't see the problem.
When the power goes out here I always grab my
Ruger to help me light the way to the generator.
The .22 is a bit small but the .45 gives off plenty of light.
Especially if the 'batteries' are a heavy charge of Unique. I hope that guy is more careful, as a long necker cap feels just like the cap of a battery acid bottle in the dark. Nothing worse than a drunk battery and burnt lips.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top