JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So one loon kills the deal?
Sounds like it was dead already and they just needed an excuse to kill it.

Showing up at the residence of someone is not supporting anything and makes you look like a nut.

A polite, coherent letter would have done a better job.

One guy shows up at your home asking why the bill is stalled, so you kill the bill.
Sounds like an excuse to me.

If One pro open borders person showed up at democrats houses would they kill a bill? Or praise them on twitter as a concerned citizen?

Clearly this politician didnt believe in the bill in the first place.

Also the article never states this guy threatened or practiced any form of violence in going to their homes.
Im sure this speaker would have no problem sending officers with threats and violence to citizens homes who didnt abide by any unconstitutional legislation they supported.

It was an excuse. There was no good reason to kill the bill.

Supposedly the guy only open carried, which is constitutionally legal. Sounds like the anti gun weasel was praying for any excuse to not go through with it.

Typical of an anti.

"If politicians like Speaker Dennis Bonnen think they can show up at the doorsteps of Second Amendment supporters and make promises to earn votes in the election season, they shouldn't be surprised when we show up in their neighborhoods to insist they simply keep their promises in the legislative session,"

Sounds legit.

And why they label the guy as an activist, why not a supporter? Texas is ripe to turn purple very soon, just like Wa & Or they just flood the populated areas & pump fear into the subjects....:mad:

Last Edited:
Also the article never states this guy threatened or practiced any form of violence in going to their homes.
Im sure this speaker would have no problem sending officers with threats and violence to citizens homes who didnt abide by any unconstitutional legislation they supported.

Showing up at his home is itself easily interpreted as a form of intimidation.

Well, the points I was going to make have already been made...
A) Don't DO that
B) Canvassing by a pol and/or leftist groups is accepted. Our side looks crazy, or will be made to look crazy when we do it. Refer to item A.
C) Dude wasn't on board to begin with, he was looking for a "plausible" excuse to kill the bill. This was a gift. Dumass.

Please realize that there IS a double standard. No, it's not fair and it's not acceptable, but it is a fact. WE do not get to act like THEM, at least not if we want to affect favorable change or, at the very least, hold some ground.

It's not fair, it's also not a 1A or 2A issue... it's about public perception and that is 100% subjective.

Calling pro-gun rallies pro-freedom is a good start. Showing up to said rallies dressed like a militant is not. It should be a level playing field but it's not.

The sooner we, as a group, understand the rules of the game, the sooner we can stop doing damage to our own cause.

I don't deny anyone should be limited in protection but these are the same people who say the public don't need and should not have access to weapons for defense. Joe tax payer should apply for a restraining order if someone is making legitimate threats (and wait for them to kill you). At the same time they get special armed protection at tax payers expense.

Kate Brown used just such an example when enacting the Red Flag law in Oregon after a mother in Beaverton was killed on Christmas Day, 2016. She had an Order of Protection against her husband instead of a state police parked in front of her house. I believe Brown had increased her own private security around this same time due to threats, at tax payers expense. Hypocrisy is not party related it's power related.

Calling pro-gun rallies pro-freedom is a good start. Showing up to said rallies dressed like a militant is not. It should be a level playing field b
I wouldn't normally do this, but since I've got a few "likes" I'm gonna charge ahead since there seems to be a little momentum....

We may (or may not) like it, but there has never been a time when perception has equaled reality more than now.

Without putting too fine of a point on it, go to the freaking Goodwill or Salvation Army thrift store and buy a JACKET!

You don't need a tie. You don't even need good pants.

You DO need to look like a respectable person... yes, this is a thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't normally do this, but since I've got a few "likes" I'm gonna charge ahead since there seems to be a little momentum....

We may (or may not) like it, but there has never been a time when perception has equaled reality more than now.

Without putting too fine of a point on it, go to the freaking Goodwill or Salvation Army thrift store and buy a JACKET!

You don't need a tie. You don't even need good pants.

You DO need to look like a respectable person... yes, this is a thing.

Or just don't show up looking like you are ready to go to war with the government (even if you are).

Last edited by a moderator:
Showing up at his home is itself easily interpreted as a form of intimidation.
I wonder how "intimidated" he would feel if an anti constitutional lobbyist showed up on his front door with a bag Full of cash.
Going on the info above i doubt the speaker was actually intimidated and just used it a an excuse for publicity and a cheap cop out of the bill.
But of coarse people with money or in public office are heald to a different standard then the rest of us.
Im sure if he showed up on my doorstep asking for a vote the media wouldnt give me an article about how he intimidated me at my home.

I wonder how "intimidated" he would feel if an anti constitutional lobbyist showed up on his front door with a bag Full of cash.
Going on the info above i doubt the speaker was actually intimidated and just used it a an excuse for publicity and a cheap cop out of the bill.
But of coarse people with money or in public office are heald to a different standard then the rest of us.
Im sure if he showed up on my doorstep asking for a vote the media wouldnt give me an article about how he intimidated me at my home.

He may or may not have been intimidated, but as a number of people (including yourself) have noted, it gave him the opening to kill the bill. It also gave anti-gunners the opening to point it out as an example of some "crazy gun nut intimidating an innocent public official" (yes, I have seen those comments out there in social media).

As others have said, we need to do better, we can do better, and this kind of activism harms us. Unfortunately there are those in our ranks who see this differently.

51DhHQIzDnL._SX389_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I don't disagree that we have to play a more intelligent game, but it sure gets my goat when I think of all the doxing and also the abuse Sara Sanders, Ivanka, and MAGA hat wearers have to suffer with when out in public, and people like Maxine Waters goading folks into doing it. And Antifa, how they promote violence... isn't that crud against the law?

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top