JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I strongly feel if you take it to court, it will be dropped down substantially, at minimum.
By god, I would not just pay the fine. Then you're flagged as guilty regardless.

Waste the taxpayers money, your time, the judges, and the gaymee. I sure as heck would!

I have been accused of "bating" on the Deschutse so many times, because I Know how to fish that river, and I know what and how! Most times it's a bunch of Fly fishermen who have no idea what drift fishing is! Every time I have been accused, the GW's show up and inspect my gear and boat Illegally, looking for evidence! Every time this happens It gets proven that I was legal in every way, and that I am let go with a warning! Warning for what? Whisky Tango Foxtrot!!!!! Why should I be the one getting a warning? I finally had enough and called the Sheriff and filed a complaint and the GW that used to work that area is no longer employed! Last time some azzhat accused me of bating he got his jaw busted, and Not a single person saw it happen!

Money and time(not counting jail) are the least of my concerns right now. More than anything, I think the label that has been slapped on me "poacher" is what bothers me the most. I have always viewed poachers like the child molester of nature. Dirty cheaters who only care for themselves with no respect for wildlife. Can't see myself lumped into that group......

I learned control and patients from my Dad the summer of 1958.
We had hiked in to Marion Lake to fish for the day.
Time to head out we broke down our poles and stuffed them our back packs. Ready to go I asked Dad what to do with the worms and he said let the fish have them. I threw them in the lake, stuffed the tub in my pack, and barely and taken a step on the way out when a game warden swooped down from who knows where and ticketed us for chumming, but not before doing everything he could to push Dads buttons (unsuccessfully) albeit he was madder than a hoot owl for a couple weeks after.

I don't lose my temper often and find watching and staying quiet when others are overly excited to be the best. As this warden was. He wasn't going to hear me no matter what I said. He Just standing there yelling and scolding me like a child while holding a loaded ar15. I think the guns was way way overkill for watching fisherman. I can understand his service pistol, but I am not the Taliban jeez man

Yep, that sounds about the norm. Pr!cks

Myself and a friend were heading out of the woods after a day of scouting for elk. Opening day was the next weekend. We were driving along, about 25mph down the gravel road, when my buddy yelled, stop, stop STOP!! There were Elk paralleling us through the timber. I stopped, we got out, (no firearms) and headed out into the timber to look for horns. When we hear gravel on gravel from the brakes of a vehicle stopping. The we hear STOP!! STOP HARASSING THE ELK!!

We looked at each other, thinking who TF is that? He calls us over in a stern voice, asking what the hell we were doing, then asked us for our ID's. He said we were chasing down, harassing the Elk. The he could write us a ticket because it's against the law. I looked at my buddy. He looked at me, and we were pissed because the MF'r didn't have a leg to stand on with his acquisition. We exchanged a few words, and he told us to get out of there. Which is what we were doing until we saw the Elk. The guy got in his truck and left. I think he was a little nervous.

I have been accused of "bating" on the Deschutse so many times, because I Know how to fish that river, and I know what and how! Most times it's a bunch of Fly fishermen who have no idea what drift fishing is! Every time I have been accused, the GW's show up and inspect my gear and boat Illegally, looking for evidence! Every time this happens It gets proven that I was legal in every way, and that I am let go with a warning! Warning for what? Whisky Tango Foxtrot!!!!! Why should I be the one getting a warning? I finally had enough and called the Sheriff and filed a complaint and the GW that used to work that area is no longer employed! Last time some azzhat accused me of bating he got his jaw busted, and Not a single person saw it happen!
thats what im talkin bout. u gave'm the ol river justice eh?

That's Orygun for ya, always out to screw with good folks and make a few bucks in the process! I swear that state is as crooked as they come, policing for profit seams norm de rigure!!! So f-in glad I pulled up stakes, rolled up the grass and got the f out of there! Sorry you fellas have to deal with such horse shiza!!!

That's Orygun for ya, always out to screw with good folks and make a few bucks in the process! I swear that state is as crooked as they come, policing for profit seams norm de rigure!!! So f-in glad I pulled up stakes, rolled up the grass and got the f out of there! Sorry you fellas have to deal with such horse shiza!!!
idk man, last GW i encountered was a pretty stand up guy. 2 years ago, 10 of us were huntin eastern Oregon; we had a bear hangin in camp, GW stopped (first one i EVER have encountered) got out, saw everyones rifles propped up on the trailer(you could tell he may have been slightly apprehensive) and definately saw everyone with a sidearm on... said HEY GUYS! WOW! thats an awesome bear! may i come check it out??!! he BS'd with us for a while, checked tag and helped us prep the mouth for ODFW to pull the molar necessary for aging the bear. super, super nice guy. gave us a few scouting reports of the area when he was leavin and ya know what? 3 of our deer tags were filled over the next two days in the spots he recommended!

Never met a GW that was nice like you had, But there WAS a OSP officer that we used to run into all the time in eastern Or, that was a super stand up guy, a Sheriff Deputy on the upper Deschuts, and another Deputy over out of Redmond that were all great!

I totally agree not all wardens are out to "get us". Most I have dealt with have been at very least professional. This is my first ever ticket from the game department and first criminal charge ever. I respect the job and purpose of the department but not necessarily how they go about enforcing the rules. Guilty until proven otherwise... His word against mine... I will tell the truth and nothing else, for that is all I can do. When I am wrong I admit it and make no excuses for my actions. That's what being an honest person is all about is it not.

I agree with the OP, and I would definitely fight this charge! For me, it's the principle of being "charged" for something I didn't do, or merely accused of something, because I didn't do it! Ultimately, standing up to clear and maintain my good name is what it's all about, and I hope this gets cleared up for you! Not much I hate more then over reach of power over others that has long term effect on them beyond a mere ticket and or fine! Good Luck Sir, I hope it gets set strait!!!

I agree with the OP, and I would definitely fight this charge! For me, it's the principle of being "charged" for something I didn't do, or merely accused of something, because I didn't do it! Ultimately, standing up to clear and maintain my good name is what it's all about, and I hope this gets cleared up for you! Not much I hate more then over reach of power over others that has long term effect on them beyond a mere ticket and or fine! Good Luck Sir, I hope it gets set strait!!!
Thanks man. Don't think I'll have a job or family if they lock me up a year. So...... Fight fight fight.

He might have taken a video of you while fishing.
It might be time to talk to an attorney and get exactly what evidence he has to back up his claims against you.

He might have taken a video of you while fishing.
It might be time to talk to an attorney and get exactly what evidence he has to back up his claims against you.
I have no fear of video. Has said before I am not out there just casting and yanking. The only thing I can think of video will prove is that my casting ability is not the greatest. I have a tendency to over cast into trees across river. Aren't lawyers for the guility... Guess not these days.

5' of leader and a "corkie",, setting the hook when you feel a "bump" instead of the actual take which is very seldom just a bump which are line bumps from bodies and fins of fish mostly and multable hook sets per cast are all trademarks of snagging.

Listen, I'm not saying that you were snagging or poaching as it were, but you can thank all the lowlife scumbag belly crawling a$$hats that use this technique as their preferred method to actually snag salmon instead of hooking them in the mouth legally for you miseries.
If folks that use this style were honest about it they would admit to at least 50% of the fish hooked were foul hooked and had to be released, and we, you and I have all seen the types of poachers I'm talking about.
Entire rivers are being closed to certain types of fishing due to actions of jack wagons just like that.

Again, I'm in no way accusing YOU of it, but the term "attempting to foul hook" is on the books for a reason, and terms of flossing or bumping doesn't change what it is, it just gives snaggers another name for what they do.

Again, I'm in no way accusing YOU of it, but the term "attempting to foul hook" is on the books for a reason, and terms of flossing or bumping doesn't change what it is, it just gives snaggers another name for what they do.

Are you objecting to the terminology? IMO snaggers probably don't use the terms flossing or bumping. It's really just a shortcut for others to describe this illegal method of catch. "attempting to foul hook" = 5 syllables, flossing/bumping = two, and is really more descriptive to those that have never come across these techniques in particular. "attempting to foul hook" could mean anything. :)

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top