JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
They are a bubblegumshow

Between their incompetency in handling everything in proper timely manner to the lack of training and education with their 'Powered By" shops.

The only thing that seems to come of good from them is their pushing of the eForms and standardization.

When items stall out, they will blame the FFL receiving it and when you contact the FFL they point to SS being the problem.

No consistency. Blows my mind how they have a rating how they do. They aren't caught up with staffing to handle the quicker turnaround times they pushed.

I didn't care for the Silencer Shop electronic kiosk experience. It took forever to do the fingerprints because I'm older with faded fingerprints, and there were no good explanations to the questions on the forms. If I hadn't figured out how to edit the forms online, there's no way to do it by phone, because the call back times for Silencer Shop are over 6 hours. I had to do another edit this morning because for country I put "USA," instead of "United States Of America."

The problem right now is finding any suppressors to buy. The local gun shop I'm going through doesn't have anything in stock, so I have to use Silencer Shop, and their electronic kiosk.

With the way things are going with anti-gun laws, I figured I'd better bite the bullet and buy a couple of suppressors now, or I may never have another opportunity in the future.

I didn't care for the Silencer Shop electronic kiosk experience. It took forever to do the fingerprints because I'm older with faded fingerprints, and there were no good explanations to the questions on the forms. If I hadn't figured out how to edit the forms online, there's no way to do it by phone, because the call back times for Silencer Shop are over 6 hours. I had to do another edit this morning because for country I put "USA," instead of "United States Of America."

The problem right now is finding any suppressors to buy. The local gun shop I'm going through doesn't have anything in stock, so I have to use Silencer Shop, and their electronic kiosk.

With the way things are going with anti-gun laws, I figured I'd better bite the bullet and buy a couple of suppressors now, or I may never have another opportunity in the future.
I agree with your points.

I went to a 3rd party location to do personal electronic fingerprints and I can say that when you work with your hands for a living, have bad wrists and shoulders, the manipulation with these kiosks are a pain.

Problem is yes, low stock in local shops or this wouldn't be a problem.

I don't blame shops for not wanting a few tens of thousands dollars of inventory sitting hoping…. Their inventory isn't the issue so they get a pass.

They (SS) need to grow staffing to meet the demand they created or find a better way to improve efficiency.

Sorry you had a bad experience. My experience has been the opposite. 3 weeks ago I had absolutely zero idea on how to go through the process to buy a suppressor. Fast forward 3 weeks and I now have SEVEN here at home, all processed through Silencer Shop. Yes some have taken a little bit of time, but you also have to remember that in the past normally this whole process was 9-12 months, so now to be able to have it completed in a week or two is insanely better. Their online process was very slick. I had zero problems scanning my fingerprints, and I have 3 fingers on my right hand which are damaged from two different accidents, and still was able to get prints uploaded quickly and accurately. I think it might depend upon your kiosk, who knows, but once they are uploaded, you only have to do it once and then they are on file forever. Picture was also a piece of cake, as well as setting up the ATF account, all of which can be done right there on your cell phone. Remember that this takes the place of a LONG tedious manual paper process, involving printing out forms, completing, then mailing them in and then just hoping/assuming that the papers made it.

I would also say RE Silencer Shop- they were equally caught off guard as all of us with this sudden change- no one including them expected a month ago to suddenly have the ATF approving cans in 2 days. I heard the stats at one point, but cant remember the exact numbers, but their sales literally skirocketed by like some crazy number (something like 900% increase or something). No business is prepared for that! And that was the ATF making the change, not SilencerShop. They were equally unaware- if you go online there are discussions about the Town Hall that the ATF hosted right when this change happened, and all the dealers that attended were all caught off guard. In a good way of course, as it means super fast approvals for some! ;-)

Imagine if you were sitting at your current job, current workload, and then suddenly had that sort of increase without warning. Suppressors have always been a game of patience, which is one of the reasons why i never got one myself until now, could not deal with the 9-12 month wait. But a couple of weeks, hell yeah it is worth it! My fastest approval was 1 day 14 hours, and that included the online process through Silencershop where they had to review and approve the forms before certifying. The key to getting fast approvals/process is finding a can in stock at a local dealer, who is a SilencerShop dealer. Which is hard right now as many are sold out, but stock is coming in every day. Keep checking daily, and you will eventually find some good ones. Just picked up a SiCo Velos from a local dealer that they got in stock, and those are pretty hard to come by right now . . .

Sorry you had a bad experience. My experience has been the opposite. 3 weeks ago I had absolutely zero idea on how to go through the process to buy a suppressor. Fast forward 3 weeks and I now have SEVEN here at home, all processed through Silencer Shop. Yes some have taken a little bit of time, but you also have to remember that in the past normally this whole process was 9-12 months, so now to be able to have it completed in a week or two is insanely better. Their online process was very slick. I had zero problems scanning my fingerprints, and I have 3 fingers on my right hand which are damaged from two different accidents, and still was able to get prints uploaded quickly and accurately. I think it might depend upon your kiosk, who knows, but once they are uploaded, you only have to do it once and then they are on file forever. Picture was also a piece of cake, as well as setting up the ATF account, all of which can be done right there on your cell phone. Remember that this takes the place of a LONG tedious manual paper process, involving printing out forms, completing, then mailing them in and then just hoping/assuming that the papers made it.

I would also say RE Silencer Shop- they were equally caught off guard as all of us with this sudden change- no one including them expected a month ago to suddenly have the ATF approving cans in 2 days. I heard the stats at one point, but cant remember the exact numbers, but their sales literally skirocketed by like some crazy number (something like 900% increase or something). No business is prepared for that! And that was the ATF making the change, not SilencerShop. They were equally unaware- if you go online there are discussions about the Town Hall that the ATF hosted right when this change happened, and all the dealers that attended were all caught off guard. In a good way of course, as it means super fast approvals for some! ;-)

Imagine if you were sitting at your current job, current workload, and then suddenly had that sort of increase without warning. Suppressors have always been a game of patience, which is one of the reasons why i never got one myself until now, could not deal with the 9-12 month wait. But a couple of weeks, hell yeah it is worth it! My fastest approval was 1 day 14 hours, and that included the online process through Silencershop where they had to review and approve the forms before certifying. The key to getting fast approvals/process is finding a can in stock at a local dealer, who is a SilencerShop dealer. Which is hard right now as many are sold out, but stock is coming in every day. Keep checking daily, and you will eventually find some good ones. Just picked up a SiCo Velos from a local dealer that they got in stock, and those are pretty hard to come by right now . . .
Glad to here that. I'm in the process of 2 cans right now.

When I finally got a callback from Silencer Shop, about 6 hours later, the guy sounded exhausted, like he was really tired of dealing with people on the phone. I was extra polite to him, and thanked him for the callback.

The guys at my local gun shop were really nice and helpful also. They have a wall with dozens of silencers, but they are all in the process of the ATF tax stamp. When I was doing the Silencer Shop electronic kiosk, there were a couple of shoppers after me waiting for me to finish, so they could do the electronic kiosk also.

The gun shop had hand moisturizer and a towel next to the kiosk to help with the fingerprints, which I had to use.

I know the problems with old worn out fingerprints because of my handgun safe.

They are a bubblegumshow

Between their incompetency in handling everything in proper timely manner to the lack of training and education with their 'Powered By" shops.

The only thing that seems to come of good from them is their pushing of the eForms and standardization.

When items stall out, they will blame the FFL receiving it and when you contact the FFL they point to SS being the problem.

No consistency. Blows my mind how they have a rating how they do. They aren't caught up with staffing to handle the quicker turnaround times they pushed.
I had good luck with capital armory. But they may not have what you want in stock. Seems like they have tons of silencerco in stock at the moment. I have to say they have been ultra professional and really fast to work with.

One can took 23 days and one 24 days from day of online purchase to arriving at my door. No visit to ffl required.

…... . .
Thank you for sharing. I've been following your journey and it's nice to see more in the fold.

I have experience with high volume businesses, in, outs and millions of pounds/dollars of inventory with FIFO, FILO and FAFO ordering. Logistics is my game with business operations and efficiency.

All that to say:

It has saddened me to see how clusterbubblegum their system is when it could be a beautiful thing.
I had good luck with capital armory. But they may not have what you want in stock. Seems like they have tons of silencerco in stock at the moment. I have to say they have been ultra professional and really fast to work with.

One can took 23 days and one 24 days from day of online purchase to arriving at my door. No visit to ffl required.
Thanks. Once I recover from this last barrage of account emptying, I'll be looking elsewhere.

Since I have my EFT file, this would be a cakewalk.

I have been using Capital Armory ( capitolarmory.com ) for most of 10 years and have had zero issues with their system or their professionalism. They have my information and with that they fill out all of the forms correctly every time.

I have been using Capital Armory ( capitolarmory.com ) for most of 10 years and have had zero issues with their system or their professionalism. They have my information and with that they fill out all of the forms correctly every time.
I spent some considerable time checking them out this morning, didn't realize they were as streamlined as they were.

100% my next purchase is through them. Thank you!

THIS!!! 100%....

I spent some considerable time checking them out this morning, didn't realize they were as streamlined as they were.

100% my next purchase is through them. Thank you!
You do have to set up an account with them tho. As I remember 2 passport pics, 2 official fingerprint cards, plus if you have a trust you send that in and keep it all on file. You put in an order and in the notes box you say that you want them to use your info on file. 2-3 days they send you an email to Docu-Sign the paperwork. Then they will send an email to call them for certification. Really a very simple process.

I moved to Texas in '21 and ended up an hour drive to pick the cans up once the approval comes through. Nowadays they have a system in place to have your cans sent directly to your home (CA would be your FFL).
Never used it but is available in most states

The Capital Armory forms are kind of poorly executed, and I was expecting a review at the end like Silencer Shop. I had to have them reset things a few times.

You do have to set up an account with them tho. As I remember 2 passport pics, 2 official fingerprint cards, plus if you have a trust you send that in and keep it all on file. You put in an order and in the notes box you say that you want them to use your info on file. 2-3 days they send you an email to Docu-Sign the paperwork. Then they will send an email to call them for certification. Really a very simple process.

I moved to Texas in '21 and ended up an hour drive to pick the cans up once the approval comes through. Nowadays they have a system in place to have your cans sent directly to your home (CA would be your FFL).
Never used it but is available in most states
Man- having a shop like that with their level of Suppressor stock quasi local would be amazing! I had been researching electronic fingerprint cards to possibly order from them last night but then fell asleep on the couch. I like their set up of being able to ship to your door. However the one thing that gives me pause is the shipping- have had some bad luck lately with packages getting delayed/damaged/lost etc, some of the shipping companies are really struggling right now, and so ordering expensive items can be a little nervewracking ( I have a HK SP5K enroute right now, and i am watching the tracking like a hawk! ;-) ). It's one thing to have a package with a high value get lost/stolen, but man a suppressor- especially if you already had done the long wait for the tax stamp, can is now approved and your responsibility/property, and then if it were to get lost/stolen enroute- i would have no idea how that would be dealt with. Would hate to have a suppressor stolen and floating out there with your name assigned to it by the ATF . . .

Need to start researching moving to Texas . . .

The Capital Armory forms are kind of poorly executed, and I was expecting a review at the end like Silencer Shop. I had to have them reset things a few times.
Sorry if you had a bad experience but the only time I did was when I filled out the initial form incorrectly. Was my own fault. Once they have your info for the ATF form, its filled out correctly every time. My experience only

Man- having a shop like that with their level of Suppressor stock quasi local would be amazing! I had been researching electronic fingerprint cards to possibly order from them last night but then fell asleep on the couch. I like their set up of being able to ship to your door. However the one thing that gives me pause is the shipping- have had some bad luck lately with packages getting delayed/damaged etc, some of the shipping companies are really struggling right now, and so ordering expensive items can be a little nervewracking ( I have a HK SP5K enroute right now, and i am watching the tracking like a hawk! ;-) ). It's one thing to have a package with a high value get lost/stolen, but man a suppressor- especially if you already had done the long wait for the tax stamp, can is now approved and your responsibility/property, and then if it were to get lost/stolen enroute- i would have no idea how that would be dealt with. Would hate to have a suppressor stolen and floating out there with your name assigned to it by the ATF . . .

Need to start researching moving to Texas . . .
I suggest that you call them directly and talk to them about how things work in real time. Re: fingerprint cards especially (make sure they tell you what accept in that and pics). And ask about the home delivery option and how it would work for you. If Torrey answer the CS line, he is the owner.

As @Bolt_308 said they are overwhelmed. I've got 7 waiting AFT approval. While it did take a couple weeks for the dealer to receive the cans (they have paperwork they have to go through also) the process has been extremely painless. Trust me, I've been through the 12+ month bs before. Purchase date through now.......Mine are in trusts so it'll take a bit longer that an individual form 4........it's only been 26 days since I certified

Screenshot_20240428-074412_Samsung Internet.jpg Screenshot_20240428-074427_Samsung Internet.jpg

As @Bolt_308 said they are overwhelmed. I've got 7 waiting AFT approval. While it did take a couple weeks for the dealer to receive the cans (they have paperwork they have to go through also) the process has been extremely painless. Trust me, I've been through the 12+ month bs before. Purchase date through now.......Mine are in trusts so it'll take a bit longer that an individual form 4

View attachment 1871424 View attachment 1871425
Well with all of the very short term waits its not surprising that they are getting swamped.

Thank you for sharing. I've been following your journey and it's nice to see more in the fold.

I have experience with high volume businesses, in, outs and millions of pounds/dollars of inventory with FIFO, FILO and FAFO ordering. Logistics is my game with business operations and efficiency.

All that to say:

It has saddened me to see how clusterbubblegum their system is when it could be a beautiful thing.

Thanks. Once I recover from this last barrage of account emptying, I'll be looking elsewhere.

Since I have my EFT file, this would be a cakewalk.
Check out @HighLine Firearms in Newberg. GREAT shop!!! Been doing business with David since he was out of his garage

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top